PDA

View Full Version : Calling egor, Mitt makes a claim!

Qtec
08-04-2012, 02:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mitt Romney: 'I Have Paid Taxes Every Year. A Lot Of Taxes.' </div></div>

Lots!!!! that's very specific!

I guess now its up to Mitt to prove that he did.

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
08-04-2012, 07:52 AM
I don't mind asking him to prove it as long as you were one of the ones that was asking Obama to prove he was born in the US. As far as him being very specific, why do you care if he has paid any taxes? You obviously never cared that everyone Obama appointed skipped out on their taxes. At least what Romney has done is legal.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
08-04-2012, 08:19 AM
At least what Romney has done is legal.

We don't know that is true.

You obviously never cared that everyone Obama appointed skipped out on their taxes.

Geithner is the only example out of thousands of appointees I've heard of doing that (what number do you REALLY claim did that? 4? 5? I'll stick with ONE so far as I know), and remembering his situation doesn't help the Romney alibi at all.

The Geithner example pretty much entirely undermines all the Romney defenses in this regard.

Because GEITHNER paid a lot of taxes every year, and the IRS never said his returns were wrong (that is, just what Romney says is true of himself), AND nonetheless he had NOT paid all the taxes that he should have, all that time, with regard to all of his activities and taxes due under law.

We only know this because Mr. Geithner disclosed many years of his tax returns to official scrutiny, and had people look over these things before his nomination was voted on, went through some humiliation, and fully paid his evaded taxes, with penalty and interest, before taking office. The Senate had this information, forced from Geithner, before they made their decision to confirm or deny confirmation.

LWW
08-04-2012, 08:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least what Romney has done is legal.

You obviously never cared that everyone Obama appointed skipped out on their taxes.

Geithner is the only example out of thousands of appointees I've heard of doing that (what number do you REALLY claim did that? 4? 5?</div></div>

I'll take "WHAT IS THIRTY SIX? (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/kevinglass/2012/07/22/the_obama_tax_cheats)" for a thousand Alex.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A new report just out from the Internal Revenue Service reveals that 36 of President Obama's executive office staff owe the country $833,970 in back taxes. </div></div>

Gayle in MD
08-04-2012, 09:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't mind asking him to prove it as long as you were one of the ones that was asking Obama to prove he was born in the US. As far as him being very specific, why do you care if he has paid any taxes? You obviously never cared that everyone Obama appointed skipped out on their taxes. At least what Romney has done is legal.

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You obviously never cared that everyone Obama appointed skipped out on their taxes.</div></div>

Another gross lie! Where does it end?

I'd say YOU never cared about any of the corrupt practices of the Bush Administration, and denied all of them, even after they were PROVEN!

G.

Gayle in MD
08-04-2012, 09:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mitt Romney: 'I Have Paid Taxes Every Year. A Lot Of Taxes.' </div></div>

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

I want more than just his tax history! I want the number of jobs he outsourced!

It's so easy for the Repiglican parrots to yap about how everything these corporate pigs like Romney do to avoid taxes is legal, yet they never give a crap about how the Repiglican economic policies have devastated our own economy.

The corrupt Repiglican policies which reward and subsidize corporate greed and corruption, have provided loopholes for American corporate CEO's to work the system.

American corporate unconscionable lack of patriotism, has been legalized by Repiglicans who only represent the interests of the wealthy!

That doesn't make it right! Not anymore than it was right when Dubya let libby off the jail hook for helping Cheney to out a covert secret CIA NOC agent!

G.

Soflasnapper
08-04-2012, 09:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least what Romney has done is legal.

Geithner is the only example out of thousands of appointees I've heard of doing that (what number do you REALLY claim did that? 4? 5?</div></div>

I'll take "WHAT IS THIRTY SIX? (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/kevinglass/2012/07/22/the_obama_tax_cheats)" for a thousand Alex.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A new report just out from the Internal Revenue Service reveals that 36 of President Obama's executive office staff owe the country $833,970 in back taxes. </div></div>
</div></div>

None of those people have 'skipped out of their taxes,' ala Geithner (whose tax deficiency was not known until discovered in the confirmation process), or the IRS wouldn't know the amount they owed.

The IRS know this amount because those people filed their returns or automatic extensions showing the monies due, but didn't pay all the money due, yet.

That isn't tax evasion or dodging or skipping out of paying taxes. It's the opposite of that-- proper accurate filings, but simply late or only partial payment. Which is wholly known to tax authorities, who either take a payment plan from these people, or have other collection methods, like wage garnishment, to assure full payment.

Not to mention, there is no showing that these people were in any way delinquent as of when they were appointed.

Gayle in MD
08-04-2012, 10:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mitt Romney: 'I Have Paid Taxes Every Year. A Lot Of Taxes.' </div></div>

Just a thought...maybe Romney took advantage of an amnesty program that allowed relative pardons to tax evaders.

The 2009 Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program allowed those who skipped taxes on overseas investments to settle their debts with the IRS at reduced penalty rates, without any legal punishments.

Isn't that AMNESTY?

Is someone granted "amnesty" for a crime permitted to run for the office of the President of the United States?

The list of Repiglicans calling for him to release at least ten years of tax history, is growing daily.

Pretty bad when a presidential wannabe, refuses to release the standard number of years on his taxes, even when so many of his own party is demanding them.

What kind of business man uses such poor judgement that he would fail to clean up his tax records when he has known since well before 2007, that he was going to run for the office of the presidency.

Was that a result of Romney, the priviledged, above the rest, elitist son of a millionaire thinking like Bush did, that his family wealth precluded him from having to live up to the same tax history expectations that are standard for presidential contenders?

I want to see his birth certificate, as well!

Why hasn't he released his birth certificate?

How do we know he's not a Muslim terrorist?

How do we know he is an American Citizen?

What about that anti-American grand father of his, was he a Muslim? How many wives did he have?

Where are his college grades?

How do we kow he isn't wearing the magic panties!

Outrageous hidden history! What's he hiding, besides those panties?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Stretch
08-04-2012, 11:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mitt Romney: 'I Have Paid Taxes Every Year. A Lot Of Taxes.' </div></div>

Just a thought...maybe Romney took advantage of an amnesty program that allowed relative pardons to tax evaders.

The 2009 Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program allowed those who skipped taxes on overseas investments to settle their debts with the IRS at reduced penalty rates, without any legal punishments.

Isn't that AMNESTY?

Is someone granted "amnesty" for a crime permitted to run for the office of the President of the United States?

The list of Repiglicans calling for him to release at least ten years of tax history, is growing daily.

Pretty bad when a presidential wannabe, refuses to release the standard number of years on his taxes, even when so many of his own party is demanding them.

What kind of business man uses such poor judgement that he would fail to clean up his tax records when he has known since well before 2007, that he was going to run for the office of the presidency.

Was that a result of Romney, the priviledged, above the rest, elitist son of a millionaire thinking like Bush did, that his family wealth precluded him from having to live up to the same tax history expectations that are standard for presidential contenders?

I want to see his birth certificate, as well!

Why hasn't he released his birth certificate?

How do we know he's not a Muslim terrorist?

How do we know he is an American Citizen?

What about that anti-American grand father of his, was he a Muslim? How many wives did he have?

Where are his college grades?

How do we kow he isn't wearing the magic panties!

Outrageous hidden history! What's he hiding, besides those panties?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div>

Please Gayle, you know that a Republican never Man's up to the same scrutiny that they would demand of another. In their eyes ANYTHING is legal (if you don't get caught). Then it's Boo-Hoo forgive me father for i have sinned, say 3 hail Mary's and it's back to the Pulpit. St.

Gayle in MD
08-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Yep, annd if that doesn't work they cann get their next in line son to throw ann election so all of their treason can be deep siced.

Think about it. Ford pardoned Nixon in order to close off any futher investigations which would have exposed horrendous communist connections between the Repiglican Party, and the Communist Party. Nixon was basically a pawn of the Communist party, Kissenger led that entire administration, and led Nixon around by his nose, and hence, the massive mistake of getting hooked up with China, A COMMUNIST COUNTRY!

Next was fascist/Communist Reagan, McCarthy's buddy, and lets remember, Repiglicans always accuse the opposing party of what they are themselves doing.

Then Bush one got in there and pardoned all of the fascist Reagan crooks, but got thronw out before there was enough time for him to wipe away all of the paper work left over from Fascist Reagan, hence, the all out effort to throw Clinton out of office.

Then Bush two got in there and deep sixed all of Da Da's AND some of Reagan's left over Muslim connections with the Oil Industry, after Reagan and bush One propped up their Middle East Oil buddies...more treason, hints of which had begun to re-emerged through more investigations.

I have no doubt that the Military Industrial/Congressional/Repiglicans killed both JFK and Robert Kennedy. No doubt at all!

G.

Sid_Vicious
08-04-2012, 03:21 PM
A very good post Gayle. The Kennedy assinations were the beginning of the end. No wonder why Johnson didn't run a second race. The cross hairs would have been on him. He was part of the cover up though, maybe the biggest of all. All of the folowing Republican crimes being covered up was a vast travesty. This country needs to prosecute treason. We have a real problem in our democratic processes, which will be our eventual demise soon or later. Bush2 ruined this country. Had Gore become president, 911 surely wouldn't have happened, all the lost lives would have been saved, and my 401K would be enormous. That guy leads the pack in the idiod award, and get this...PEOPLE VOTED HIM IN TWICE! What's happened to this country? sid

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, annd if that doesn't work they cann get their next in line son to throw ann election so all of their treason can be deep siced.

Think about it. Ford pardoned Nixon in order to close off any futher investigations which would have exposed horrendous communist connections between the Repiglican Party, and the Communist Party. Nixon was basically a pawn of the Communist party, Kissenger led that entire administration, and led Nixon around by his nose, and hence, the massive mistake of getting hooked up with China, A COMMUNIST COUNTRY!

Next was fascist/Communist Reagan, McCarthy's buddy, and lets remember, Repiglicans always accuse the opposing party of what they are themselves doing.

Then Bush one got in there and pardoned all of the fascist Reagan crooks, but got thronw out before there was enough time for him to wipe away all of the paper work left over from Fascist Reagan, hence, the all out effort to throw Clinton out of office.

Then Bush two got in there and deep sixed all of Da Da's AND some of Reagan's left over Muslim connections with the Oil Industry, after Reagan and bush One propped up their Middle East Oil buddies...more treason, hints of which had begun to re-emerged through more investigations.

I have no doubt that the Military Industrial/Congressional/Repiglicans killed both JFK and Robert Kennedy. No doubt at all!

G. </div></div>

Qtec
08-05-2012, 01:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't mind asking him to prove it <u>as long as you were one of the ones that was asking Obama to prove he was born in the US.</u> </div></div>

LOL ....ME? A BIRTHER!!!!! LMAO Now you are getting ridiculous!

You know I was always against him showing his BC. I said they will never be satisfied and I was correct.
You may not be aware of it but it was a very embarrassing moment for the USA and the office of the Presidency ,when the <span style='font-size: 14pt'>first black POTUS had to show his BC</span> to shut up the crazies. The world looked on and gasped!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> As far as him being very specific, why do you care if he has paid any taxes? </div></div>

I don't care if he has paid any taxes. I want to know the truth, as you should.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You obviously never cared that everyone Obama appointed skipped out on their taxes. </div></div>

Really? Everyone? Are any of them running for POTUS?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least what Romney has done is legal.

eg8r </div></div>

Like SoFla said, "how do you know?"

BTW, abortion is legal so why all the fuss?

Q

eg8r
08-05-2012, 05:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>LOL, having trouble comprehending what was typed?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know I was always against him showing his BC.</div></div>And this shows your hypocrisy.

eg8r

eg8r
08-05-2012, 05:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least what Romney has done is legal.

We don't know that is true. </div></div>LOL, so the IRS was johnny on the spot catching on to Obama's appointees and calling them out but the IRS is completely ignoring a Presidential candidate? Give me a break.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Geithner example pretty much entirely undermines all the Romney defenses in this regard.

Because GEITHNER paid a lot of taxes every year</div></div>Isn't this the biggest load of BS you have ever posted. He paid a lot of taxes every year??? Seriously...he was in trouble for NOT paying taxes.

eg8r

Qtec
08-06-2012, 12:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>LOL, having trouble comprehending what was typed? </div></div>

No but it seems you don't comprehend what you wrote.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't mind asking him to prove it <span style='font-size: 14pt'>as long as<u> you</u> were one of the ones that was asking Obama to prove he was born in the US.</span> </div></div>

Those who doubted that Obama was born in the USA are called Birthers. link (http://www.birthers.org/)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know I was always against him showing his BC.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And this shows your <u>hypocrisy</u>.

eg8r </div></div>

You obviously don't know the meaning of the word. Here, hypocrisy 101.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maddow highlighted Romney’s position in 1994, when he declared that he would release his own tax returns after Kennedy released his. Kennedy did not release his tax returns, and neither did Romney. In 2002, all of Romney’s Democratic opponents, including Romney’s eventual challenger in the general election, released their returns, but Romney did not. Maddow wondered what changed in eight years that caused Romney to suddenly renege on the idea of releasing tax returns as soon as his opponents do.

During a gubernatorial debate in 2002, Romney laughed off the idea that he had “something to hide” and admitted that when it came to the tax return issue, Kennedy “was right, and I was wrong.” He said he eventually came around to Kennedy’s way of thinking,<span style="color: #990000">Mega,MEGA flip-flop ..Q</span> but then immediately turned <u>to the husband</u> of his Democratic challenger, pointing out <u>he</u> has not released his tax returns. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Maddow tried to wrap her head around the idea that <u>Romney could simultaneously reject the idea of releasing tax returns while implicitly criticizing his opponent’s husband for not releasing his.</u></span> </div></div> watch it, you might learn something! (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rachel-maddow-slams-romneys-long-history-of-hypocrisy-on-tax-returns/)

I guess you missed this as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Romney claimed he couldn’t recall whether or not he has ever paid a tax rate lower than 13 percent when asked by ABC news, but rather than say he would not disclose more of his personal finances,<span style='font-size: 23pt'> he said he would get back to them.</span>

<span style="color: #990000">Not surprisingly, it turns out that he won’t be getting back to them.</span>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>ABC says Romney officials have not gotten back to them on whether Romney ever paid a lower tax rate than 13.9% despite their repeated queries.</span> Instead, they received a rehash of Romney’s already disclosed taxes and charitable donations from 2010, <u>suggesting that Romney may have overpromised </u>in his interview what his campaign was willing to reveal.

“Mitt Romney has paid his taxes in full compliance with U.S. law, and he has paid 100 percent of what he has owed,” Romney spokeswoman Gail Gitcho told ABC News in a statement.

“It was legal.” </div></div>

WTF does overpromised mean? A promise is a promise.

Romney lied. He knows exactly how much taxes he pays. Its what he does.

Q

Qtec
08-06-2012, 12:42 AM
[quote=eg8r]<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't this the biggest load of BS you have ever posted. He paid a lot of taxes every year??? Seriously...he was in trouble for NOT paying taxes.

eg8r

</div></div>

Yes,comprehension is your problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because <span style='font-size: 14pt'>GEITHNER paid a lot of taxes every year</span>, and the IRS never said his returns were wrong (that is, just what Romney says is true of himself), AND nonetheless <span style='font-size: 14pt'>he had NOT paid <u>all</u> the taxes that he should have</span> </div></div>

ie,he paid taxes but all he should have. Not like Mitt paying zero taxes for 10 years. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Q

eg8r
08-06-2012, 05:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those who doubted that Obama was born in the USA are called Birthers. link </div></div>So you don't comprehend. What I was saying is that the only people who have the right to go after Romney are those that went after Obama. If you don't understand all you have to do is ask. I can dumb it down for you all day long.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those who doubted that Obama was born in the USA are called Birthers. link </div></div>LOL, your view on what the candidate should prove is quite hypocritical and merely based on whether they have (D) or not.

eg8r

LWW
08-06-2012, 05:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can dumb it down for you all day long.

eg8r </div></div>

I shall bow my head in honor if you can dumb it down to his level.

I have tried mightily, but no matter how low I have set the bar ... he manages to limbo beneath it with ease.

Stretch
08-06-2012, 08:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can dumb it down for you all day long.

eg8r </div></div>

I have tried mightily, but no matter how low I have set the bar ... he manages to limbo beneath it with ease. </div></div>

At least you admit how low you set the bar. St.

Soflasnapper
08-06-2012, 10:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, so the IRS was johnny on the spot catching on to Obama's appointees and calling them out but the IRS is completely ignoring a Presidential candidate? Give me a break.</div></div>

You are amazingly clueless! No, exactly the opposite. The IRS did NOT find those out. What found that out was the Senate confirmation process, which requires years of back tax returns be submitted for nominees that require Senate confirmation.

Just as the IRS hasn't complained about Romney's prior tax filings, but that his submission of them for review could cause similar tax payment deficiencies to surface.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[me] The Geithner example pretty much entirely undermines all the Romney defenses in this regard.

Because GEITHNER paid a lot of taxes every year</div></div>

[you]Isn't this the biggest load of BS you have ever posted. He paid a lot of taxes every year??? Seriously...he was in trouble for NOT paying taxes.

He paid a lot of taxes, as Mitt says he did. He also avoided paying ALL the taxes he owed, despite paying a lot of taxes. Just because someone pays a lot of money in taxes doesn't mean he has paid ALL THAT IS DUE.

Which is why, as I said, the Geithner example destroys the Romney alibis.

Let's review.

Geithner did not pay all taxes due, and the IRS did not catch that. Showing that Romney's clean bill from the IRS (so far) does not mean he is in full compliance.

Geithner also paid a lot of money in taxes, and in fact, all the federal income tax due. What he was found to have shirked was his self-employment tax on a small part of his income that wasn't a salary or wage, but something like an honorarium speaking fee.

So, what the Geithner situation does show, as I maintain, is that these two protests on behalf of Romney (hey, the IRS says he's clean!! and hey, he DID PAY a LOT of taxes!!!) do not suffice to prove he's clean. At all.

LWW
08-06-2012, 12:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can dumb it down for you all day long.

eg8r </div></div>

I have tried mightily, but no matter how low I have set the bar ... he manages to limbo beneath it with ease. </div></div>

At least you admit how low you set the bar. St. </div></div>
Thanks, as stated ... my massive intellect cannot dumb down to the cabsl's level.

LWW
08-06-2012, 12:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, so the IRS was johnny on the spot catching on to Obama's appointees and calling them out but the IRS is completely ignoring a Presidential candidate? Give me a break.</div></div>

You are amazingly clueless! No, exactly the opposite. The IRS did NOT find those out. What found that out was the Senate confirmation process, which requires years of back tax returns be submitted for nominees that require Senate confirmation.

Just as the IRS hasn't complained about Romney's prior tax filings, but that his submission of them for review could cause similar tax payment deficiencies to surface.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[me] The Geithner example pretty much entirely undermines all the Romney defenses in this regard.

Because GEITHNER paid a lot of taxes every year</div></div>

[you]Isn't this the biggest load of BS you have ever posted. He paid a lot of taxes every year??? Seriously...he was in trouble for NOT paying taxes.

He paid a lot of taxes, as Mitt says he did. He also avoided paying ALL the taxes he owed, despite paying a lot of taxes. Just because someone pays a lot of money in taxes doesn't mean he has paid ALL THAT IS DUE.

Which is why, as I said, the Geithner example destroys the Romney alibis.

Let's review.

Geithner did not pay all taxes due, and the IRS did not catch that. Showing that Romney's clean bill from the IRS (so far) does not mean he is in full compliance.

Geithner also paid a lot of money in taxes, and in fact, all the federal income tax due. What he was found to have shirked was his self-employment tax on a small part of his income that wasn't a salary or wage, but something like an honorarium speaking fee.

So, what the Geithner situation does show, as I maintain, is that these two protests on behalf of Romney (hey, the IRS says he's clean!! and hey, he DID PAY a LOT of taxes!!!) do not suffice to prove he's clean. At all.

</div></div>

Oh please.

Geithner was advised in writing by his employer what his tax bill was, and they gave him the money with which to pay it. Geithner kept the money, knowing it was a crime.

Even when it was shown that he did this for 4 years, he only paid 2 years ... hiding behind th statute of limitations.

Those are the facts, and they are undeniable.

Geithner is a criminal ... yet you defend him solely because he s a fellow leftist.

OTOH Romney may or may not have commited a crime, and even Dingy Harry admits there is no evidence that he did. Yet ... you demand an investigation based on nothing, and you do it on purely hyper partisan grounds.

OH DEAR! (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/18/AR2009011802070.html)

Qtec
08-06-2012, 04:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Oh please.

Geithner was advised in writing by his employer what his tax bill was, and they gave him the money with which to pay it. Geithner kept the money, knowing it was a crime.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Even when it was shown that he did this for 4 years, he only paid 2 years ...<u> hiding behind th statute of limitations.

Those are the facts, and they are undeniable.</u></span>

OH DEAR! (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/18/AR2009011802070.html) </div></div>

LMAO, from your link.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mr. Geithner "came clean" only when he was caught, first by an IRS audit that found he owed Social Security taxes for 2003 and 2004 and then when additional tax liabilities for 2001 and 2002 were discovered after his nomination. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>He has been praised for repaying these additional taxes for the earlier years, <u>which apparently may not have been required under a statute of limitations,</u> </span></div></div>

$8,500,,,,,that's how much he taxes he failed to pay each year! WOW!!!!!!!!

Q

DiabloViejo
08-06-2012, 05:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Thanks, as stated ... my massive intellect cannot dumb down to the cabsl's level. </div></div>

Apparently, your "massive intellect" doesn't do jack for your spelling! LOL! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Qtec
08-06-2012, 05:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you don't comprehend.</div></div>

Wrong again,I do comprehend. I understand what you are saying is insane!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What I was saying is that <span style='font-size: 14pt'>the only people who have the right to go after Romney are those that went after Obama.</span> </div></div>

Why?
Using your 'logic', the only people who have the right to go after Obama are those that went after Bush!!!!!!

For the last 45 years it has been standard practice for those running for POTUS to release their tax returns.
OTOH, I can't remember the last time a sitting POTUS had to show a bunch of racists his BC.

Apples and oranges.

Q

eg8r
08-06-2012, 06:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wrong again,I do comprehend. I understand what you are saying is insane!</div></div>Sorry but quit acting like an idiot. I never said you were a birther. When you made that statement you clearly proved you had no freaking idea what I was saying. Your comprehension is piss poor and now that I have spelled it out you want to act like you understood the entire time. Sorry dillhole but you were the idiot that thought I was calling you a birther.

eg8r

Qtec
08-06-2012, 06:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry but quit acting like an idiot. I never said you were a birther. </div></div>

What you are saying is that ONLY Birthers have the 'right' to call out Mitt on his tax returns, which is insane.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> When you made that statement you clearly proved you had no freaking idea what I was saying. </div></div>

Again wrong, I knew EXACTLY what you were saying, as I have repeatedly shown but you won't accept it.
Now you are trying to spin your insane statements and now it has all to do with me?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Using your 'logic', the only people who have the right to go after Obama are those that went after Bush!!!!!!<span style="color: #3333FF">Yes or no?</span>

For the last 45 years it has been standard practice for those running for POTUS to release their tax returns.<span style="color: #3333FF">Yes or no?</span>
OTOH, I can't remember the last time a sitting POTUS had to show a bunch of racists his BC.<span style="color: #3333FF">Can you?</span>

Apples and oranges. </div></div>

Q

eg8r
08-07-2012, 05:35 AM
I quickly figured out it did not matter what happened here in reality, sofla wouldn't see if he tried.

eg8r

eg8r
08-07-2012, 05:39 AM
He only paid them because he wanted the job you idiot. Also, it appears you missed the word "may". Do you honestly think it would go over well if he decided to hide behind the statute? The link also states it was the IRS that caught him, sofla will argue though. Not because he is right however but merely because that is all he knows how to do when a (D) screws up.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-07-2012, 06:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He only paid them because he wanted the job you idiot. Also, it appears you missed the word "may". Do you honestly think it would go over well if he decided to hide behind the statute? The link also states it was the IRS that caught him, sofla will argue though. Not because he is right however but merely because that is all he knows how to do when a (D) screws up.

eg8r </div></div>

Again, you prove you are unable to communicate without childish insults.

G.

eg8r
08-07-2012, 09:02 AM
LOL, I wish you were a shining example but again you fall flat.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-07-2012, 09:24 AM
And again.

It never ends.

G.

eg8r
08-07-2012, 11:42 AM
I know. When will you step up and practice what you preach?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Personal attacks are YOUR continuous posting style, not mine.

G.

eg8r
08-07-2012, 07:25 PM
LOL, only you would act like the people you post about are not people. Again, I only wish you were that shining example I could look to, but in reality the difference is you personally attack those behind their back when they are unable to respond themselves.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-08-2012, 03:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, only you would act like the people you post about are not people. Again, I only wish you were that shining example I could look to, but in reality the difference is you personally attack those behind their back when they are unable to respond themselves.

eg8r </div></div>

LMAO! Yeah, talking behind the backs of the war profiteering pigs who ignored eight months of what we now know were specific warnings about what was going to happen on 9/11.

Nothing would please me more than to have the chance to tell Bush et al eactly what I think of all of them, right in their faces, with the cameras running!

G.