PDA

View Full Version : Sad sports year...

10-05-2002, 06:46 PM
First, UM takes the National Championship on the gridiron {not a bad thing} and the Pats take the Super Bowl. Then I have to watch Maryland win the NCCA Hoops, then the evil Lakers do it once again. Earl doesnt win the US Open last week and now Saturday, 10.05.02 my beloved YANKEES have been put out to Baseball's pasture by the Halo's....will it ever end? If the Dolphins go to the Super Bowl...I'll need to be put on Suicide Watch and will need mass quanities of therapy.

Tom_In_Cincy
10-05-2002, 06:50 PM
But,

You've enjoyed the U. Miami, Florida and Florida State, football sucesses for the last 12 years..

The Yankees have won 26 of the last 100 World Series..

And, you have almost 12 months of the year, good golf weather..

Geeze.. I would offer condolences.. but.. you are in very much alive..

I have the Bengals..and REDS..

10-05-2002, 07:08 PM
Speaking of golf...the American squad fell down dead to the Europeans at the Ryder Cup. Thanks for reminding me Tom...I'm calling the shrink Monday!!

rackmup
10-05-2002, 10:59 PM
My D-Backs were just swept by the sentimental favorites, The St. Louis Cardinals. The Yankees are toast too.

Maybe MLB could arrange for a "Consolation World Series" between the Yanks and my Snakes.

Congrats to Tony LaRussa and his squad. And to my friend, Micky Hatcher, the hitting coach for the Halos. Go get 'em Mick!

Regards,

Ken (Mickey knows what the World Series Gala feels like...remember 1988?)

Cueless Joey
10-05-2002, 11:59 PM
Ken, this is GREAT year. My beloved Angels just spanked the Skanks. Mick and the Rally Monkey put lightning in our bats setting hits and runs records against the Skanks.
Mick and Sciosia like beating them NY teams. :-)
Mick the stuntman of the 88 playoffs played hardball.
Sciosia played the same way and has a motto I try to adapt in my pool game too. OGAAT! One Game At A Time.

Kato
10-06-2002, 05:08 AM
Tom, UM fans do not root for the Gators and Seminoles and likewise for their fans of the others. The rivalries in state are very deep and bitter. There is respect for the respective programs but I can say this as a Canes football fan of the die hard variety. The only thing truer than my love for Hurricane football would be my hatred for Florida St., U of F, and of course Steve's Golden Domers of Notre Dame who God help them if they run into our buzzsaw in January.

Kato~~~bleeds green and orange on Saturdays and aqua and orange on Sundays.

Fred Agnir
10-06-2002, 06:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Hippie Steve:</font><hr> and now Saturday, 10.05.02 my beloved YANKEES have been put out to Baseball's pasture by the Halo's<hr></blockquote>

As a consolation, Tino is still in.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>If the Dolphins go to the Super Bowl...I'll need to be put on Suicide Watch and will need mass quanities of therapy. <hr></blockquote>

Me and you both.

Fred

Troy
10-06-2002, 01:36 PM
Giants, A's, 49'ers &amp; Raiders all playing today..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
What a day !!!!!

Troy

10-06-2002, 02:00 PM
golf's no sports. nothing is boring than watching golf in TV. golf' more like a sight-seeing thing than sports. at least pool/billiards are more exciting to watch. heck!