PDA

View Full Version : A picture is worth a million words ...

LWW
08-04-2012, 04:18 AM
http://rubinoworld.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/job-gains-by-presidential-tenure-large1.jpg

Soflasnapper
08-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Besides the obvious point that an 8-year time frame allows more time to get millions of job gains than does anything shorter, especially less than a 4 year term to date, what does this show?

To start with, that the author of this picture is a deceiver, because it would have been extremely easy to show the comparable figures of all these presidents over the exactly comparable time Obama's been in office, or to cap it at the 4 year mark (as a decent and fair comparison).

Why didn't they do that? It would have been the proper comparison. Obviously, it wasn't done, in order to exaggerate how much better everyone else allegedly did (over more than double the amount of time, generally).

What else does it show? That higher marginal tax rates are associated with far higher jobs gains, and lower unemployment, than lower marginal tax rates? I agree.

Oh, and also, that by this information, Obama's less than 4 years has seen the net regaining of more than the number of jobs that were lost in his first half year, even though that number was about 4 million down before he had any chance to impact that number, and was not the result of his policies but the circumstances that already existed when he came into office.

Lastly, it shows how even more or less true facts can still be used by political spinners to punk the unwary reader who lacks appreciation of the context.

Are you a spinner, or were you a punkee?

LWW
08-04-2012, 11:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Besides the obvious point that an 8-year time frame allows more time to get millions of job gains than does anything shorter, especially less than a 4 year term to date, what does this show? </div></div>

I'll take "That you continue to, as always, slavishly defend the regime!" for eight hundred Alex.

Stretch
08-04-2012, 01:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Besides the obvious point that an 8-year time frame allows more time to get millions of job gains than does anything shorter, especially less than a 4 year term to date, what does this show? </div></div>

I'll take "That you continue to, as always, slavishly defend the regime!" for eight hundred Alex. </div></div>

You have no response because you have no game. That much is crystal clear. I'll take "That you continue to be, as always, intellectually sterile" for a thousand Alex. St.

LWW
08-04-2012, 01:46 PM
And yet you have to steal a line from me on a daily basis.

Dance some more for us.

Stretch
08-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Just showing you what you sound like. Pity you could never strive for better. What do YOU try and emulate? I think Diablo got it about right. St.