PDA

View Full Version : Is the fix in? GOP slamming Romney tax issue...

Soflasnapper
08-07-2012, 08:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Is the Fix In?

by BooMan
Sun Aug 5th, 2012 at 02:18:57 PM EST
A couple of weeks ago, Think Progress put together a list of 20 prominent Republicans who think that Mitt Romney should release more tax records. The list included a mix of politicians, writers, and operatives. There were people like columnist George Will, former RNC heads Haley Barbour and Michael Steele, the current head of the RNCC, the governor of Alabama, and Sen. Chuck Grassley. The criticism of Romney has come from a wide swath of the Republican Party. This morning, Ed Rollins became the latest in a growing list of campaign strategists to join the choir.

"I think at this point of time it's going to dog him all the way and he needs to get it behind him," Rollins said. "I think he needs to release more taxes. Absolutely."

Rollins, who managed the presidential campaigns of Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) and President Ronald Reagan, said he would have released records from “five or six years" much sooner.

"I would not put out 20 years and I obviously wouldn't respond to anything Harry Reid states," he said. "At the end of the day you come to the point where you basically give a little bit more and you move forward. And he's going to do that. Two years is not enough, obviously."

Maybe Romney is going to do it, but I kind of doubt it. What I find more interesting is this spectacle of the usually quite disciplined Mighty Right-Wing Wurlitzer bellowing smoke and emitting clunking sounds. When Brit Hume and Bill Kristol are stomping on Romney's rationale for not releasing his taxes, you know that something has gone amiss. So, what is it? Is the fix in? Are conservatives openly sabotaging Romney's chances? Or do these ruthless operators actually have a point beyond which they won't go in defending the indefensible?

[...]

Maybe a couple of them are simply offering sincere advice. They think Romney is making a strategic error and that nothing in his taxes is so bad that it would justify taking this much heat to avoid disclosure. But we're talking about more than 20 people now. And some of these people really ought to expect a chance to work for the Romney administration.

Romney isn't putting fear into anyone. He isn't earning any loyalty. He's not even getting much in the way of brown-nosing.

It really makes me wonder if the fix is in, and what that might mean for how the congressional elections play out. You can't throw half an election, after all. </div></div>

Here (http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2012/8/5/141857/5240)

LWW
08-07-2012, 08:34 AM
If only he would have been sabotaged in the primaries.

Gayle in MD
08-07-2012, 09:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Let's remember these people's behavior during the Iraq War, shall we? These are the type of people who will tell you that a little torture is no big deal as long as someone is served chicken with rice pilaf and two kinds of fruit. Moral qualms and truthfulness are not things we normally associate with these folks. But they are not willing to do something much less difficult than glossing over torture and murder. They won't go on television and say that it's no one's business what Romney pays in taxes. They refuse to have his back on this.

</div></div>

There is no question in my mind that Romney is hiding something quite horrendous!

This isn't going to go away. Even if he released 2010 at the eleventh hour, it won't be enough now that he has shown such dogged overall resistance, IMO.

Regardless, he is one of the most disliked presidential candidates in our history! Wasn't it Rove who said Hillary couldn't win because of her low likability factor? Needless to say, Rove was off the mark on Clinton, and just as off the mark to make light of Romney's low likability factor.

Rove has changed his mind now on the importance of likability, lol.

He probably thinks that enough shadow billions from all of the foreign, Republican friendly Middle East, terrorist supporting
Arabs and Muslims, looking for more oil wars, will do the trick.

Maybe he can get the bin Laden family in on the fix, as the Repiglicans continue to work overtime trying to throw the election using the same lies they used for Iraq, no WMD's to justify war, just like no illegal votering to justify voter disenfranchisement of posibly millions of voters.

Crooks!

G.

cushioncrawler
08-07-2012, 07:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....There is no question in my mind that Romney is hiding something quite horrendous!....</div></div>Gayle.
Yes.
But it reminds me that what sickens me (and lots of good peeple around the world) re the GOP & Co iznt so much the lies and criminality etc.
Worse iz what woz dunn (and praps will be) legally and openly.
mac.

Gayle in MD
08-08-2012, 02:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....There is no question in my mind that Romney is hiding something quite horrendous!....</div></div>Gayle.
Yes.
But it reminds me that what sickens me (and lots of good peeple around the world) re the GOP & Co iznt so much the lies and criminality etc.
Worse iz what woz dunn (and praps will be) legally and openly.
mac. </div></div>

I agree, Mac, and that is why we Dems have to get the vote out, since, along with everything else of value that Repiglicans have destroyed, and abused, regulations which used to safegaurd the economy, and our health, water and air, the very existence of a viable earth, they are now straight out in the open, right in our faces, blocking Americans who see throught them from advantaging their constitutional right to vote, with the same sort of BS propaganda and distortions which they mastered long ago, when they started buying up rural radio stations, and brain washing the religious sheep.

What Repiglicans have done is make everything that was illegal, historically even smacked of treason, actually, and should continue to be illegal, perfectly fine, par for the course, no big deal.

Worse, they manage to inspire sympathy for those who put their wallets before what was best for their country, and then expect to be admired for doing so!

How did they pull that off legislatively?

Let's just say they have had plenty of financial aid from the wealthy crooks, who are greedy pigs, just like them. Show them a wealthy pig with no conscience who lied the country into a war for oil, and if he's not in jail for doing it, they think he's a hero! All Greedy crooks who get away with their scams, are heroes to this nutjobs!

Without conscience.

Those who vote Repiglican vote against their own best interests.

What makes me laugh is when people like Romney yap about how much money they pay in taxes, or give away!

A drop in the bucket to what they are stealing from our country. But as long as the brainwashed continue to admire wealthy crooks, Pigs like Mitt Romney, Liars like Limpballs and Hannity, Bush et al, we have to go around their tactics and focus on the voters.

Imagine, at their Convention, they are going to be honoring and cheering for their double token, one of very few African Americans in their circle, and a woman, Condoleeza Rice! One of the biggest liars to ever draw breath! Liar extraordinaire who said only someone 'Down in the bowels of the agency' knew what was coming on 9/11, when we all know they knew for months in advance, what was coming, and they let it all happen!!!! To make themselves richer, they let it happen!

PIGS!

Yet these are the kind of people that Repiglican voters are going to trust to run this country, AGAIN! PIGS like ROMNEY?

Beyond belief!

I could never get my head around how in the hell Hitler managed it! Watching these Lemmings for the last three decades, is a real education in exactly how he pulled it off!

G.

Soflasnapper
08-13-2012, 03:49 PM
OMG, I think the fix IS IN!!!

Per Howard Fineman, Romney's top political operatives came over from the Charlie Crist campaign.

Crist, a popular state-wide figure, not only failed to gain the Senate nomination, but at the end of such expert handling, was forced to leave the GOP altogether.

Fineman also reports that the top Romney political operative VOTED FOR OBAMA IN 2008!!!!???!?!?!

Jiminy Cricket!!!

Is Romney in on this? Apparently.

As a Gingrich ad from independent supporters pointed out, Romney has acknowledged that his father George was his greatest political northstar and influence. His father was a self-described progressive, who met with and talked of his influence from... wait for it... Saul Alinsky.

Then you have the clip from Romney's Senate run where he explains that he is the stealth progressive, able to worm himself inside and be effective through deceit.

So Romney, as a closet progressive as feared by many conservatives, is taking a dive for the team, and just took his campaign in a direction assured of loss, to cement the Obama program chances.

Gayle in MD
08-13-2012, 06:47 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif