PDA

View Full Version : Yep, Another Romney Lie!

DiabloViejo
08-07-2012, 07:56 PM
The Truth-O-Meter Says:

"Under Obama’s plan (for welfare), you wouldn’t have to work and wouldn’t have to train for a job. They just send you your welfare check."

Mitt Romney on Monday, August 6th, 2012 in a campaign ad

PolitiFact.com (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/aug/07/mitt-romney/mitt-romney-says-barack-obamas-plan-abandons-tenet/)

<span style="color: #000099">Our ruling

Romney’s ad says, "Under Obama’s plan (for welfare), you wouldn’t have to work and wouldn’t have to train for a job. They just send you your welfare check."

That's a drastic distortion of the planned changes to Temporary Assistance to Needy Families. By granting waivers to states, the Obama administration is seeking to make welfare-to-work efforts more successful, not end them. What’s more, the waivers would apply to individually evaluated pilot programs -- HHS is not proposing a blanket, national change to welfare law.

The ad tries to connect the dots to reach this zinger: "They just send you your welfare check." The HHS memo in no way advocates that practice. In fact, it says the new policy is "designed to improve employment outcomes for needy families."

The ad’s claim is not accurate, and it inflames old resentments about able-bodied adults sitting around collecting public assistance. <span style="color: #FF0000">Pants on Fire</span>! </span>

http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/romney-lies-pinocchio-nose.jpg

Gayle in MD
08-08-2012, 05:46 AM
Same finding from Washington Post, and Fact Check .org.

I still think he must have some Bush Blood running through his veins. If his lips are moving, he's lying.

Like the Bush family, he'll do anythig for money, including lie, steal, cheat, throw people out of work, outsource their jobs, he'd probably follow the Bush Family war profiteering with despots as well, and do buiness with Hitler and the bin Ladens.

No wonder most Americans don't like this animal torturing liar!

G.

Qtec
08-08-2012, 05:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Truth-O-Meter Says:

"Under Obama’s plan (for welfare), you wouldn’t have to work and wouldn’t have to train for a job. They just send you your welfare check."

Mitt Romney on Monday, August 6th, 2012 in a campaign ad

PolitiFact.com (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/aug/07/mitt-romney/mitt-romney-says-barack-obamas-plan-abandons-tenet/)

<span style="color: #000099">Our ruling

Romney’s ad says, "Under Obama’s plan (for welfare), you wouldn’t have to work and wouldn’t have to train for a job. They just send you your welfare check."

That's a drastic distortion of the planned changes to Temporary Assistance to Needy Families. By granting waivers to states, the Obama administration is seeking to make welfare-to-work efforts more successful, not end them. What’s more, the waivers would apply to individually evaluated pilot programs -- HHS is not proposing a blanket, national change to welfare law.

The ad tries to connect the dots to reach this zinger: "They just send you your welfare check." The HHS memo in no way advocates that practice. In fact, it says the new policy is "designed to improve employment outcomes for needy families."

The ad’s claim is not accurate, and it inflames old resentments about able-bodied adults sitting around collecting public assistance. <span style="color: #FF0000">Pants on Fire</span>! </span>

http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/romney-lies-pinocchio-nose.jpg </div></div>

You were not here at the time but remember Bush's 16 words?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein <u>recently</u> sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." </div></div>

At the time, they argued that Bush was not lying because he did not know that what he was saying wasn't the truth. He still told an untruth but HE wasn't lying. I agree if that was the case.

Now we have Mitt.
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Mitt KNOWS what he is saying is a lie but he doesn't care!</span>

His last 2 ad's are total lies and have been called out for it, he doesn't care. Win at all costs seems to be the plan.

Q

Gayle in MD
08-08-2012, 06:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> At the time, they argued that Bush was not lying because he did not know that what he was saying wasn't the truth. He still told an untruth but HE wasn't lying. I agree if that was the case.

</div></div>

It wasn't the case, as we later learned.

Bush couldn't get away with saying he didn't know, because our own intelligence experts told him in advance, it wasn't true, and told him not to say it.

Later, reporters learned that Michael Ledeen, another NEOCON operative of crook Cheney, had been seen in Italy, several months before Bush was appointed President, with the same Italian thugs suspected of breaking into the Niger Embassy. Same thugs known for creating fake intelligence for numerous countries. Same suspects of the break-in at Niger Embassy. Nothing missing but the official seal, and the embassy stationary on which the fake document was produced.

Ended up with the White House outing 'Just a secretary'.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

And Ledeen in a big corner private office with windows, at the American Enterprise Institute. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

The leaked UK Memo on the push to invade Iraq:

"The administraion is fixing the intelligence to fit their agenda"

UK headline:

"How Could Forty Million People Be So Dumb!!!???"

G.

Qtec
08-08-2012, 06:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bush couldn't get away with saying he didn't know, because our own intelligence experts told him in advance, it wasn't true, and told him not to say it. </div></div>

That may be well be true but for sake of argument, lets say he just spoke what they had written for him.
They set Colin Powell up, why not the intellectually below par President! Bush was never one for details.

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>Back to ROMNEY! He knows what he is saying isn't the truth, therefore he is lying 100%.</span>

Q

Qtec
08-08-2012, 07:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve Benen blasted Romney's dishonesty this morning:

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Romney's lying. He's not spinning the truth to his advantage; he's not hiding in a gray area between fact and fiction; he's just lying.</span> The law hasn't been "gutted"; the work requirementhasn't been "dropped." Stations that air this ad are disseminating an obvious, demonstrable lie.

All Obama did is agree to Republican governors' request for flexibility. That's it. Indeed, perhaps the most jaw-dropping aspect of this is that Romney himself, during his one gubernatorial term, asked for the same kind of flexibility on welfare law that Obama agreed to last month. Romney, in other words, is attacking the president for doing what Romney asked the executive branch to do in 2005.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>The entire line of attack is simply insane.And that brings us back to the test for the political world.
</span>
<span style="color: #990000">How are we to respond to a campaign that deliberately deceives the public without shame? This lie about welfare policy comes on the heels of Romney's lie about voting rights in Ohio, which came on the heels of Romney's lies about the economy; which came on the heels of Romney's lies about health care; which came on the heels of Romney's lies about taxes.
</span>
<span style='font-size: 20pt'>The Republican nominee for president is working under the assumption that he can make transparently false claims, in writing and in campaign advertising, with impunity. Romney is convinced that there are no consequences for breathtaking dishonesty.</span>

The test, then, comes down to a simple question: is he right? </div></div>

Only the Obama haters will vote for Mitt. It won't be enough.

Q

Gayle in MD
08-08-2012, 08:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bush couldn't get away with saying he didn't know, because our own intelligence experts told him in advance, it wasn't true, and told him not to say it. </div></div>

That may be well be true but for sake of argument, lets say he just spoke what they had written for him.
They set Colin Powell up, why not the intellectually below par President! Bush was never one for details.

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>Back to ROMNEY! He knows what he is saying isn't the truth, therefore he is lying 100%.</span>

Q

</div></div>

I definitely agree, Romney knows he's lying. And he has lied throughout the campaign, many of his lies are about himself! Certainly he's lying.

And additionally, he has been the most evasive candidate I have ever seen. No question, he is hiding plenty.
For the sake of argument, yes, I understand your point, and you are absolutely correct. Mitt Romney has yet to tell the truth. Complete LIAR! He doesn't even try to clean up the liles after he tells them.

He is so sure that the wealthy are going to put him in the White House, he doesn't think anything he does matters much. In his world, money buys everything, including the oval office. I am hoping that very elitist flaw, will be his ruination.

"The problems associated with laissez-faire leadership can intensify when a follower does not have the capabilities to compensate."

Romney is running a laissez-faire campaign, lol. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Like Bush, he can't think on his feet. He has bought and paid for others to do his thinking for him, his whole life.

G.

eg8r
08-08-2012, 10:14 AM
LOL, it is funny seeing the lefties struggling to keep gaylio on subject. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

hondo
08-08-2012, 11:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, it is funny seeing the lefties struggling to keep gaylio on subject. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

LOL! Which is what you are doing now.Love your posts, eg. You provide a wealth of humor to nail you.
Plus, at times you cut right through the wingnut bullshit and nail them.
You're a valued member, eg.
Now , if you would just quit shadowposting our Queen. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

eg8r
08-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Why do you quote these people who are calling Romney a liar and then never question them for not actually proving a lie was told?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The ad tries to connect the dots to reach this zinger: "They just send you your welfare check." The HHS memo in no way advocates that practice. In fact, it says the new policy is "designed to improve employment outcomes for needy families."
</div></div>The last part here, "designed to improve employment outcomes for needy families" does not in any way prove Romney's statement is incorrect.

eg8r

eg8r
08-08-2012, 01:29 PM
What am I doing? Pointing the humor of the lefties struggle to reel gaylio back in? Maybe so, but darn it is freaking funny.

Now as far as shadowposting, you might want to think before opening that mouth of yours. Again, your attempt at humor has shown nothing more than a dumb mistake. My post was in response to qtip. Now if you are referring to him as a Queen, then I defer to your better judgement.

eg8r

hondo
08-08-2012, 01:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What am I doing? Pointing the humor of the lefties struggle to reel gaylio back in? Maybe so, but darn it is freaking funny.

Now as far as shadowposting, you might want to think before opening that mouth of yours. Again, your attempt at humor has shown nothing more than a dumb mistake. My post was in response to qtip. Now if you are referring to him as a Queen, then I defer to your better judgement.

eg8r </div></div>

You are the singularly most clueless and humorless poster on BD.
I can't imagine what you must be like in person.
Every one of your posts come with a duh factor of at least 9.5.

eg8r
08-08-2012, 02:29 PM
If you were not always wrong maybe I could laugh at the content but in the end I find I am just laughing at you. Now, tell qtip you did not mean to call him a queen.

eg8r

hondo
08-08-2012, 02:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you were not always wrong maybe I could laugh at the content but in the end I find I am just laughing at you. Now, tell qtip you did not mean to call him a queen.

eg8r </div></div>

Only you read it that way.Says a lot.

eg8r
08-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Again, you are wrong again. I did not read it that way. I initially pointed out that you incorrectly stated I was shadowposting the Queen and I responded saying I was posting in response to qtip. You ran your mouth thinking comedy made more sense than being correct. I didn't laugh because you comedy makes you look dumb so I called you out on it.

eg8r

hondo
08-08-2012, 03:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, you are wrong again. I did not read it that way. I initially pointed out that you incorrectly stated I was shadowposting the Queen and I responded saying I was posting in response to qtip. You ran your mouth thinking comedy made more sense than being correct. I didn't laugh because you comedy makes you look dumb so I called you out on it.

eg8r </div></div>

It does get tiresome when the biggest moron and nastiest name-caller on this forum constantly calls me an idiot every time he mis-reads one of my posts.
I see little value in continuing the pissing contests with you.
You are beneath me. You are tiresome and childish. Grow up.

LWW
08-08-2012, 03:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, you are wrong again. I did not read it that way. I initially pointed out that you incorrectly stated I was shadowposting the Queen and I responded saying I was posting in response to qtip. You ran your mouth thinking comedy made more sense than being correct. I didn't laugh because you comedy makes you look dumb so I called you out on it.

eg8r </div></div>

It does get tiresome when the biggest moron and nastiest name-caller on this forum constantly calls me an idiot every time he mis-reads one of my posts.
You are beneath me. You are tiresome and childish. Grow up. </div></div>

Word of advice ... when someone who is, according to you, amoron calls you an idiot, you might want to do some soul searching.

As to who i and isn't a moron ... I'm betting Eg can count to twenty with his shoes on.

You, I'm not so sure about.

Gayle in MD
08-08-2012, 06:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, you are wrong again. I did not read it that way. I initially pointed out that you incorrectly stated I was shadowposting the Queen and I responded saying I was posting in response to qtip. You ran your mouth thinking comedy made more sense than being correct. I didn't laugh because you comedy makes you look dumb so I called you out on it.

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see little value in continuing the pissing contests with you.

Spot on my friend.

Eg is a total waste of time.

he doesn't even aim to understan what others post.

His ONLY goal, is to irritate others. That's it!

You know how impossible toddlers are when they are in their terrible two's?

Need I say more?

G.

eg8r
08-08-2012, 07:25 PM
All you need to do is quit responding. When you are wrong you do every thing you can to prove it though. Quite comical.

eg8r

hondo
08-09-2012, 06:55 AM
I realize that he must just spot read the posts and regurgitate his answer. Not worth responding anymore. larry wilson swears that eg can count to 20 by counting his fingers and toes and that makes him smart. Not much of a compliment, is it? Although I'm sure eg is thrilled.
These are the folks arguing with us, Gayle. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LWW
08-09-2012, 07:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All you need to do is quit responding. When you are wrong you do every thing you can to prove it though. Quite comical.

eg8r </div></div>

Be nice ... the educational system in the traierhood leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm truly impressed that he learned his gazintas.

hondo
08-09-2012, 07:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, you are wrong again. I did not read it that way. I initially pointed out that you incorrectly stated I was shadowposting the Queen and I responded saying I was posting in response to qtip. You ran your mouth thinking comedy made more sense than being correct. I didn't laugh because you comedy makes you look dumb so I called you out on it.

eg8r </div></div>

I'm betting Eg can count to twenty with his shoes on.

</div></div>

But can he count to 21? I'm not so sure.

hondo
08-09-2012, 07:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All you need to do is quit responding. When you are wrong you do every thing you can to prove it though. Quite comical.

eg8r </div></div>

Be nice ... the educational system in the traierhood leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm truly impressed that he learned his gazintas. </div></div>

"traierhood" Hilarious! See what happens when you try to appear smart? Of course I doubt that Mr 20 noticed.

Gayle in MD
08-09-2012, 10:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, it is funny seeing the lefties struggling to keep gaylio on subject. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Since you don't read the threads before jumping in to throw out your insults, I was not off the subject, since I was not the one who originally brought the Bush lies up, that would be Q, to whom I responded.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You were not here at the time but remember Bush's 16 words?

Quote:"The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."

At the time, they argued that Bush was not lying because he did not know that what he was saying wasn't the truth. He still told an untruth but HE wasn't lying. I agree if that was the case.

Now we have Mitt.
Mitt KNOWS what he is saying is a lie but he doesn't care!

His last 2 ad's are total lies and have been called out for it, he doesn't care. Win at all costs seems to be the plan.

Q _________________________
Remarkable.You leak a story, and then you quote the story. I mean,that's a remarkable thing to do

</div></div>

Additionally, your statements about Romney's LIES, don't fly either, since the Romney campaign has admitted that their statements about this issue, are not true, as every fact check site said in the first place.

However, the Romney campaign stated that although they lied, they intend to continue running the lies in the spot, anyway.

That pretty much sums up the entire Romney campaign, both before he bought the nomination, and after he bought it, only his slander and lies have now shifted to the President, instead of his fellow Repiglicans, AND the president.

So now is the time for you to admit that your theories on the subject, were wrong.

BTW, if you can't respond to this post without your usual childish insults, then do us all a favor, and just skip it entirely.

G.