PDA

View Full Version : How do you tell what kind of screw you have?

Barbara
10-06-2002, 08:39 AM
A long time ago, I read an article in one of the mags that described how to tell what kind of screw your cue had.

Now I've forgotten how to tell and I'm not about to go wading through the hundred or so pool mags I have.

So how do you tell?

Barbara

Doctor_D
10-06-2002, 09:01 AM
Good morning Barbara:

To begin with, most cue makers have standard thread styels which they use. E.g.: Meucci, uses 5/16 x 18. Falcon, if my memory serves, uses 5/16 x 14. Predator uses Uni-Loc. Many custom sue makers use a Radial Pin. I would suggest, next time you are at the billiard room, check with the person who handles repairs.

Dr. D.

10-06-2002, 09:16 AM
The first number is the diameter such as 5/16 or 3/8. The second number is the number of threads per inch such as 14, or 18 or 10. Just count the threads per inch. If there is not enough screw sticking out, measure a half inch and double it.

10-06-2002, 09:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> A long time ago, I read an article in one of the mags that described how to tell what kind of screw your cue had.

Now I've forgotten how to tell and I'm not about to go wading through the hundred or so pool mags I have.

So how do you tell?

Barbara <hr></blockquote>

Hey Babs,

Hope this helps http://www.lucasi.com/predator/shafts.htm

Barbara
10-06-2002, 09:23 AM
Thanks!!

Barbara~~~has a couple loose in her head this morning...

Barbara
10-06-2002, 09:24 AM
Thanks, it does!!

Barbara

Barbara
10-06-2002, 09:29 AM
Hey Dr. D!

Well, I've got 5/16 x 14 on my custom cue and 3/8 x 10 on my break cue.

Pete was going to make me some joint protectors out of some thuya burl Santa got for him for Christmas, but I don't want him to waste that wood on me. I'm looking at a whole bunch of JPs on ebay and I do need a set for my break cue.

Talk to you later!

Barbara

Harold Acosta
10-06-2002, 02:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> A long time ago, I read an article in one of the mags that described how to tell what kind of screw your cue had.

So how do you tell?

Barbara <hr></blockquote>

Meucci, Players, Action, Cobra, Huebler, some Mali, some Brunswick, some Palmer's, some Vikings, and most least expensive cues are 5/16 x 18.

Balabushka, Falcon, Schon, Joss, Prather, Predators, Jacoby's. Jackson cues, some Kikel's, some Espiritu, some Pechauer's, some Helmstetters, some McDermotts, some Brunswicks are 5/16 x 14.

Cuetecs are 3/8 x 14.

Some Mali's , most McDermotts, Old Joss', Joe Porper's, some Pechauers, some Vikings have 3/8 x 10

Lucasi, some Vikings, Dale Perry's have Uniloc.

Downey's, 3/8 radial brass pins.

That's about all the info I have gathered.

Pizza Bob
10-07-2002, 08:08 AM
Some custom cuemakers use non-conventional pins. Southwest for instance, uses a 3/8" x 11. Mike Capone and at least one other (can't remember who) use a 3/8" x 7.5 and I just read where a production cuemaker (again, can't remember which one - many senior moments this morning) is using a 3/8" x 8.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

10-08-2002, 10:34 AM
Is it the length or the diameter that determines whether or not it was a good screw? Sorry, I restrained myself as long as I could, but I finally succumbed to my natural inclination to be a moron. /webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif

Lester
10-08-2002, 10:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Is it the length or the diameter that determines whether or not it was a good screw? Sorry, I restrained myself as long as I could, but I finally succumbed to my natural inclination to be a moron. &lt;img src="/webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif"&gt; <hr></blockquote>

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Next time post under your login. Heck, anybody can make a fool of himself - anonomously! It takes a true moron to sign his insanity. ha ha ***Lester~noticed I signed it.