PDA

View Full Version : STRUGGLING

cheesemouse
10-06-2002, 11:56 AM
I'm having trouble getting started into the pool scene this year. I can't really say why. I'm hoping I haven't lost the PASSION for the game. I'm normally chomping at the bit in the Fall of the year, the normal beginning of the pool season in this part of the country. I've thought about it alot and I come up dry on ways to change my attitude. Anybody got a life jacket out there???

10-06-2002, 12:15 PM
Cheesemouse, don't take the attitude that you have to start enjoying pool on a given day, at a given time. The league scene, (if you're involved in that) is like scheduling yourself to have a good time at 8:00 PM every Thursday, or whenever it is. That's not easy, especially if you're not really into it right now.

Plan to take only what you want from pool, and to do it when the spirit moves you. Practice, gambling, fun matches with friends, tournaments and leagues are all options, among others. Stay away from the pool room until you find you're eager to go, and then do it. Pool costs money. Be sure you get your money's worth.

I could never understand the people who go to the pool room knowing they will get mad before the evening is over.

Troy
10-06-2002, 01:30 PM
Well Cheese, when you're playing golf in 32 and snow, the pool room will seem like the place to be..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cheesemouse:</font><hr> I'm having trouble getting started into the pool scene this year. I can't really say why. I'm hoping I haven't lost the PASSION for the game. I'm normally chomping at the bit in the Fall of the year, the normal beginning of the pool season in this part of the country. I've thought about it alot and I come up dry on ways to change my attitude. Anybody got a life jacket out there??? <hr></blockquote>

CarolNYC
10-08-2002, 03:57 AM
Hey there Cheesemouse,
Im sure you have not lost the passion for the game-do you have a goal of when and where you want to be with regard to your game?Theres always something new to learn everyday in pool-if its just a certain shot, I'll give myself a week or two to be able to execute that specific shot perfectly,everytime-so maybe setting a goal might help-thats what gets me pumped!
Carol

bluewolf
10-08-2002, 07:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cheesemouse:</font><hr> I'm having trouble getting started into the pool scene this year. I can't really say why. I'm hoping I haven't lost the PASSION for the game. I'm normally chomping at the bit in the Fall of the year, the normal beginning of the pool season in this part of the country. I've thought about it alot and I come up dry on ways to change my attitude. Anybody got a life jacket out there??? <hr></blockquote>

ken, you been through a lot recently and a lot has been on your mind. give yourself a break. i am sure you havent lost the passion, you are just havin other feelings which might make it seem that way, imo. keep playing for fun and am sure your passion will return in no time.

bw

cheesemouse
10-08-2002, 07:31 AM
BW,
You called me Ken. I think you have me mixed up with out resisdent wall bouncer offer [sorry Ken but you gotta be crazy...LOL} and I don't want to let that mistake stand. I am the cheese...the power of cheese...ride the cheese...I am the cheesemouse...but you can call me CUDDLES... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Drake
10-08-2002, 07:44 AM
Go to a pro tournament. This will get you motivated. The next one is in Atlanta Oct.23rd to the 27th.

Chris Cass
10-08-2002, 07:50 AM
Hi Cuddles,

What you need is a tune up. Come down here and I'll put you on track. Oops, it might be up here? LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~when you get tired of rack'en you'll start break'en.

nAz
10-08-2002, 07:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Drake:</font><hr> Go to a pro tournament. This will get you motivated. The next one is in Atlanta Oct.23rd to the 27th. <hr></blockquote>

Drake good advice that does it for me

Rich R.
10-08-2002, 07:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Drake:</font><hr> Go to a pro tournament. This will get you motivated. The next one is in Atlanta Oct.23rd to the 27th. <hr></blockquote>
If you can't get to a pro tournament, go to the best amateur tournament you can get to. Watching a good tournament, at any level, always makes me want to play.
Rich R.

bluewolf
10-08-2002, 08:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cheesemouse:</font><hr> BW,
You called me Ken. I think you have me mixed up with out resisdent wall bouncer offer [sorry Ken but you gotta be crazy...LOL} and I don't want to let that mistake stand. I am the cheese...the power of cheese...ride the cheese...I am the cheesemouse...but you can call me CUDDLES... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

sorry was mixing you up with rackemup. now that isnt so bad is it. after all, both of you are the funniest. so cudddles, it is. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

bw

10-08-2002, 08:07 AM
Get yourself some beers and sit down for a Hustler/Color of Money Marathon. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
The Pro tourney sounds good too.
I got away from it myself once. It's now more than a few years later and I'm getting back into it. Kind of a shame really.

Kato
10-08-2002, 08:51 AM
Ride the Cheese "Cuddles" Oh my God, my Aunt used to have a poodle named Cuddles. From here on out Cheesemouse to me you will be the Cheese-Poodle./ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif

Kato~~~Cuddles/ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif, let me call a Dr., someone has to sew up my side.

Lester
10-08-2002, 08:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: ChrisS:</font><hr> Get yourself some beers and sit down for a Hustler/Color of Money Marathon. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
I got away from it myself once. It's now more than a few years later and I'm getting back into it. Kind of a shame really. <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;You know Chris, pool is like the mafia, once you're in you can't get out. ***Lester~quit for 12 years once, only to be sucked back in.

10-08-2002, 11:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lester:</font><hr> You know Chris, pool is like the mafia, once you're in you can't get out. ***Lester~quit for 12 years once, only to be sucked back in. <hr></blockquote>

You got that right! Someone once wrote that it's very rare for one to leave the game forever. How true.

cheesemouse
10-08-2002, 11:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: ChrisS:</font><hr> Get yourself some beers and sit down for a Hustler/Color of Money Marathon. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
I got away from it myself once. It's now more than a few years later and I'm getting back into it. Kind of a shame really. <hr></blockquote>
ChrisS,
I like that idea but I should watch an inspirational movie about my favorite sport: anybody know any good pole-vaulting movies??? /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif