PDA

View Full Version : Please Stop Attacking My Business Record, Taxes

Qtec
08-11-2012, 02:05 AM
This is tooooooooo sweet. LMAO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Romney To Obama: <span style='font-size: 17pt'><u>Please Stop</u> Attacking My Business Record, Taxes
</span>

http://www.tokiohotelamerica.com/mag/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/sad-puppy.jpg

Benjy Sarlin August 10, 2012, 3:58 PM 60463

Mitt Romney,<u> battered by Democratic attacks over his Bain Capital record and taxes,</u> is calling on President Obama to agree to a truce over his business career.

“Our campaign would be — helped immensely if we had an agreement between both campaigns that we were only going to talk about issues and that attacks based upon — <span style='font-size: 23pt'>business</span> or family <span style='font-size: 23pt'>or taxes or things of that nature</span>,” Romney said, according to excerpts of an upcoming interview with NBC’s Chuck Todd released Friday.

Romney said he would prefer the campaigns “only talk about issues,” and claimed that “our ads haven’t gone after the president personally. … We haven’t dredged up the old stuff that people talked about last time around. We haven’t gone after the personal things.”

Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul offered up a broader take on whether Romney was really suggesting that his career at Bain Capital — the crux of his argument that he is better equipped to handle the economy — should be considered off-limits.

“The governor was expressing his view that he hopes we can have a campaign focused on the issues rather than one of desperation and lies as we’ve seen from the Obama campaign,” Saul said in an e-mail.

While Romney has bristled at attacks on his time at Bain, especially a recent Democratic super PAC ad implying he bears responsibility for a woman’s death, <span style='font-size: 26pt'>he’s also made his business record a critical component of his campaign, arguably the critical component. From his campaign’s earliest days, Romney argued repeatedly that voters should elect him because of his private-sector experience, crediting his investments in Bain with creating 100,00 jobs (a claim that fact-checkers have heavily disputed).</span> </div></div>

LOL

Now that the Bain lie is starting to unravel, he wants a truce! What a wimp!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitt is for Mitt and nobody else. That should disqualify him for the job more than his reluctance to come clean with the people.

Q.....and yes, he would strap this dog to the roof of his car.. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
08-11-2012, 02:25 AM
Couldn't believe my ears when I heard his statement! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Runs on business record. Wants business record taken off the table!

Like Romney is going to stop bashing the president, the man he's been bashing for two years?

What about that Sauce for the Goose Romney quote? He needs to change that over to

"What's sauce for me is sauce for me, and only me."

Ya think the guy just hasn't had any experience on leval playing fields?

And he ran the Olympics? LMAO!

G.

Gayle in MD
08-11-2012, 02:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“[W]e only talk about issues. And we can talk about the differences between our positions and our opponent's position.” Romney said of his own campaign: “[O]ur ads haven't gone after the president personally. … [W]e haven't dredged up the old stuff that people talked about last time around. We haven't gone after the personal things.”

In response, First Read asked, "Is Romney really saying that scrutinizing his business record -- which he has held up as one of his chief qualifications to be president -- is personal?"

</div></div>

I also thought all of the hullaballoo over the latest Bain Capital ad was BS! It gave a very good picture of what happened to loads of people, due to Romney's Bain Capital bankrupting companies, throwing Americans off their health insurance, losing their retirement, destroying American lives.

Do people really think that when a woman's husband loses his job, his retirement, and their medical coverage, the stress doesn't have anything to do with her health, even for years after?

It was a good portrayal of what many went through, compliments of Romney during Bain, and of many others, before Obama's AHCA.

G.

LWW
08-11-2012, 03:10 AM
That act of blind obedience brought a tear of joy to dear leader's eye.

Sid_Vicious
08-11-2012, 06:20 AM
He-he-he /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif This is getting pathetically fun! sid

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is tooooooooo sweet. LMAO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Romney To Obama: <span style='font-size: 17pt'><u>Please Stop</u> Attacking My Business Record, Taxes
</span>

http://www.tokiohotelamerica.com/mag/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/sad-puppy.jpg

Benjy Sarlin August 10, 2012, 3:58 PM 60463

Mitt Romney,<u> battered by Democratic attacks over his Bain Capital record and taxes,</u> is calling on President Obama to agree to a truce over his business career.

“Our campaign would be — helped immensely if we had an agreement between both campaigns that we were only going to talk about issues and that attacks based upon — <span style='font-size: 23pt'>business</span> or family <span style='font-size: 23pt'>or taxes or things of that nature</span>,” Romney said, according to excerpts of an upcoming interview with NBC’s Chuck Todd released Friday.

Romney said he would prefer the campaigns “only talk about issues,” and claimed that “our ads haven’t gone after the president personally. … We haven’t dredged up the old stuff that people talked about last time around. We haven’t gone after the personal things.”

Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul offered up a broader take on whether Romney was really suggesting that his career at Bain Capital — the crux of his argument that he is better equipped to handle the economy — should be considered off-limits.

“The governor was expressing his view that he hopes we can have a campaign focused on the issues rather than one of desperation and lies as we’ve seen from the Obama campaign,” Saul said in an e-mail.

While Romney has bristled at attacks on his time at Bain, especially a recent Democratic super PAC ad implying he bears responsibility for a woman’s death, <span style='font-size: 26pt'>he’s also made his business record a critical component of his campaign, arguably the critical component. From his campaign’s earliest days, Romney argued repeatedly that voters should elect him because of his private-sector experience, crediting his investments in Bain with creating 100,00 jobs (a claim that fact-checkers have heavily disputed).</span> </div></div>

LOL

Now that the Bain lie is starting to unravel, he wants a truce! What a wimp!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitt is for Mitt and nobody else. That should disqualify him for the job more than his reluctance to come clean with the people.

Q.....and yes, he would strap this dog to the roof of his car.. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Soflasnapper
08-11-2012, 08:32 AM
He-he-he This is getting pathetically fun!

When I was a tiny baby, I used to watch Judy Garland appear on the Jack Parr Show. She always seemed on the verge of a nervous breakdown, and I was fascinated with the tension of whether that night would be the night she broke. (She never did that I saw, anyway.)

When I was a toddler, all of Muhammed Ali's fights were on regular tv. As a keen fight observer, I noticed that Ali was actually losing his last several fights, but being awarded the victory anyway. It was must-see when his fights were televised, as I wondered how long that would go on before finally they said he had lost. (Leon Spinks got him. I discount the one Ken Norton loss, and mark the beginning of when he was handed the victories wrongly in the rulings that Norton lost the subsequent fights with him.)

I'm getting that same feeling here. A morbid curiosity, knowing the kind of tremendous fail Romney's campaign is halfway through. I almost have pity for him, as I did for Garland and Ali, but instead I marvel at how bad this guy is at politics.

18 years of trying and he had one win in an election, leaving that one term with a 39% job approval rating and a record he prefers not to discuss.

And his campaign? Disaster, although that may come from the top, and maybe these guys are otherwise able campaign operatives.

Or not. Old Casey Stengel with the new NY Mets once plaintively asked, in the face of utter incompetence, 'can't anyone here play this game???' That's the impression the Romney campaign leaves as well.