PDA

View Full Version : GO TO HELL.

cushioncrawler
08-13-2012, 01:40 AM
Atheist wants to know why Christians express joy in knowing their friends are going to be tortured in hell!?
by Don Lacey on Aug. 11, 2012,

Jim Wilson, for this argument, assumes there is a Christian God and a hell. He then examines the character of those Christians that seem to take pleasure in telling their friends that theyíre going to tortured forever:

I have had Christians tell me things like, ďYour time will come! You will have to face Godís judgment! Itíll be fun seeing you try to weasel out of your judgment but it will not help you. For all things you said, you will suffer forever. Remember my words! I will take pleasure in Godís judgment, and the pain he will rain upon you!Ē

Isnít it interesting how this supposed religion of peace and love turns seemingly nice people into the nastiest kinds of sadists? Seriously, what kind of sick freaks find so much pleasure in the torture of others? I have had Christians tell me that they wish they could see pathetic little me facing Godís wrath so they can laugh. There are no people nastier than oneís who think their nastiness has heavenly approval.

Most of us know at least some Atheists, Agnostics, Hindus, Jews, Pagans or others who know of Christianity, but reject it. We consider these people to be among our friends, family, and neighbors. While the people we know may not be perfect, overall they are usually kind, decent people who are not out to hurt anyone. Yet, the Christian is forced to believe that all of these people are so horrible that they not only can but should be tortured forever. They seem to delight in this judgment.

If you are a Christian in this country, it is likely that you have at least some friends or loved ones who do not share your beliefs even if they have never told you so. You may have known and cared for these people for much of your life. You may know them to be kind, loving people who have gone most of their lives never wanting to hurt anyone. They feel remorse if they ever do. As a Christian, are you are expected to take joy in Godís decision to sentence them to eternal torture?

The very idea that anyone could be happy in a heaven while their friends and loved ones are tortured forever is utterly mind-blowing. If I thought that any of my loved ones were being tortured, I could not possibly be happy. Some traditions apparently have the people in heaven looking down upon people they know in hell as they are tortured. They apparently take pleasure in seeing this. This shows how truly sick Christianity really is.

Christianity has long had traditions about the horrible things that will be done to people in hell. They believe demons and hell beasts engage in all sorts of endless bodily torture of people. For example adulterers, I am told, will apparently have their genitals ripped off by monstrous creatures wielding giant pokers. Adulterers of course are defined as anyone who has ever looked at a woman lustfully which is nearly all heterosexual men who ever lived and many women.

Hell is a very real place for many believers. They seriously think that after I die I will go to this place which is far worse than anything the nastiest dictatorships ever created and be tortured there forever. For many, it is tied up in their sense of justice. After all, we like the notion of mass murderers and rapists being tortured forever for what they have done. This makes the universe seem more just to us. Unfortunately, the Christian God happily forgives murder, rape, theft, child abuse, and all the crimes that most of us think deserve punishment. Disbelief is the one sin that is sure to land someone in hell.

I love kindness for its own sake. Itís best to be helpful to others with no expectation of award of any kind and yet I am told by Christians that I should be tortured forever because of my willingness to question their Godís existence and authority. Willingness to question things is something that should be celebrated rather than punished.

Of course, you could say God is not sending me to hell, I am, but this strikes me as arguing that I made the mugger shoot me by not giving him my wallet. This God, we are told, made hell and set up the criteria by which one is sent there. The fact that people question his supposed criteria is a good thing. It is certainly not something they should be endless tortured for. I will go on the record of saying any God who would send me to hell does not deserve anyoneís worship.

LWW
08-13-2012, 03:27 AM
I don't know anyone who actually believes in Dante's version of Hell ... and it's Biblical basis is tenuous at best.

cushioncrawler
08-13-2012, 03:54 AM
Yes it appears that hell iz going to be hell on earth, a sort of less enjoyable earth, ruled by Satan. And no one will go to hell, they simply stay where they are, ie on earth.

While 240000 (or some figure) will go up to Heaven. But i dont know how they got that figure. What if the aktual figure iz zero.
mac.

hondo
08-13-2012, 03:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know anyone who actually believes in Dante's version of Hell ... and it's Biblical basis is tenuous at best. </div></div>

Agreed. Many people quote Dante or Milton and yet have never read either.They think it's in the Bible ( which they probably haven't read either) Vey few references to Satan or Hell in either OT or NT.

Soflasnapper
08-13-2012, 03:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know anyone who actually believes in Dante's version of Hell ... and it's Biblical basis is tenuous at best. </div></div>

True dat, although it is a powerful visual meme throughout history in art. More the tone of it (along with the pictures of Hieronymous Bosch (sp)), as a cultural backdrop, then literally true.

cushioncrawler
08-13-2012, 04:34 PM
When a kid i woz tort by brothers and sisters.
We were told that if we committed a mortal sin we would burn in hell for ever, unless we confessed. Eating meat on fridays woz a mortal sin back then.
And if we committed a venial sin we would spend time burning in purgatory, but then go to heaven, unless we wore a scapula when we died.

And thems nuns allso tort us to hate protestants, jews, communists, athiests, and especially heretix.
Gee i sure hated heretix, didnt know what a heretik woz, but gee i hated them. Allmost az much az i loved the virgin mary, didnt know what a virgin woz but.
mac.

hondo
08-13-2012, 04:48 PM
" didnt know what a virgin woz but"

I heard they're pretty rare in Oz, mate.

Stretch
08-14-2012, 12:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">" didnt know what a virgin woz but"

I heard they're pretty rare in Oz, mate. </div></div>

Well that's why we know Jesus was NOT born in Aus. They could not find 3 wise men and a Virgin. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Kidding aside, i never did give much cred to the bible. I mean it makes for good reading and contain many good values and lessons. A true masterpeice of fiction. St.

Sid_Vicious
08-14-2012, 01:40 AM
Something else that gets me about Heavan, not Hell. I was raised up with the stout instructions from the Minister and his followers that heaven was "pure perfection", so blissfull that it isn't conceptual to us mortals. Then they say that you will stand before the Lord for each of your sins and suffer. To add to this, they say that you get special rewards for the good works.

Sooo, how could Heavan be "pure perfection?" The opposite view of being in Hell, from a loving God, keeps my basic morals mostly in line, but all of the rest is contradictory as hell! I believe it is our duty to question. Does that make me a non believer? I sleep much better in believing that salvation is permanent, so Hell is not in my path. That's just me, but I feel that MY God is that way. All the rest of the junk is all created by greedy human bullshit, which brings us back to politics. sid