PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Out Of Rotation (9B)

Sid_Vicious
08-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Anyone have a remedy for shooting the next ball ahead in error? sid

Eric.
08-14-2012, 07:22 AM
This is a trick question, right?

It's called a foul. Ball in hand.

Eric

Rich R.
08-14-2012, 12:14 PM
I think we've all done it at one time or another.

Chopstick
08-14-2012, 05:00 PM
I told you those left handed cigarettes would make you stupid.

Fran Crimi
08-16-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm guessing this is not a one-time occurrence. If it were happening to me, I'd do a little soul-searching to try and figure out what's causing the problem. Once you know the cause, then you can figure out a fix.

But hey, that takes w-o-r-k --- a bad word to many people.

Rich R.
08-16-2012, 09:04 AM
Fran, as an amateur, I know I've made just about every stupid mistake in the book. I've shot the wrong ball in 9-ball, I've switched suites in 8-ball and just about anything else you can think of. What I'd like to know is, during professional competition on the WPBA 9-ball tour, how many times have you shot the wrong ball?

I'm hoping Fran has done it at least once to make me feel better. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Eric.
08-16-2012, 09:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a trick question, right?

It's called a foul. Ball in hand.

Eric </div></div>

Just to add, while I was being a bit sarcastic in my first reply (saying that giving up BIH should punish you from doing that again), in reality, some ppl might not learn from it.

Here's a thought- why not place the tip of your cue to the exact spot you want your CB to stop, for the next shot. If anything, this gives you a concrete target and might snap you out of it, if the spot you just touched is not where you should be?

Eric

Fran Crimi
08-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Oh, I've done it my share of times too. I remember one tournament in Cleveland, I was playing Ewa and I lined up for a 2-rail kick shot on the 2 ball. I shot it and missed the hit on the 2 but hit the 1 ball which I didn't know was still on the table, so it was technically a good hit.

As I walked back to my chair, I saw that Ewa was totally confused as to why I would shoot a 2-rail kick on the 1 ball when it was in plain sight. Haha! I never told her it was a mistake.

Sid_Vicious
08-17-2012, 10:53 PM
I'd played through, sat down and never said a word too Fran. In my case, I hit the wrong ball and sank my cash ball I went for, and lost a double down bet. One thing I learned...I quit alerting my friend when he lines up on the wrong ball. "Tough love" and hard for my soft heart to do. As my mentor used to say, "It's for the cash!" sid

Rich R.
08-20-2012, 08:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fran Crimi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, I've done it my share of times too. I remember one tournament in Cleveland, I was playing Ewa and I lined up for a 2-rail kick shot on the 2 ball. I shot it and missed the hit on the 2 but hit the 1 ball which I didn't know was still on the table, so it was technically a good hit.

As I walked back to my chair, I saw that Ewa was totally confused as to why I would shoot a 2-rail kick on the 1 ball when it was in plain sight. Haha! I never told her it was a mistake.

</div></div>
Fran, that is so funny and you did the right thing. Always make them think you know something they don't. LOLOL

LoneWolf
08-24-2012, 03:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have a remedy for shooting the next ball ahead in error? sid </div></div>

That used to happen when I played too much.

Although it's of course better for your game to be in the pool hall.

I haven't played in a while and now when I play my concentration is super sharp.

I would consider doing other things other than pool if you don't

enjoydgame
11-02-2012, 07:38 AM
This is a very common mistake and most of us have done this at least once or more.