PDA

View Full Version : Study: Voter Impersonation Fraud,

Qtec
08-13-2012, 06:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Study: Voter Impersonation Fraud, Target Of Voter ID, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>‘Virtually Non-Existent’</span>

Voter impersonation fraud, <span style='font-size: 17pt'><u>the type of voter fraud which could be prevented by the types of voter ID laws</u> that have swept through mostly Republican-controlled state legislatures over the past few years, <u>is virtually nonexistent,</u> according to a new study.</span>

News21, a Carnegie-Knight investigative reporting project, sent public information requests to all 50 states (though not all of them responded) and found <span style='font-size: 14pt'>10 cases of alleged in-person voter fraud since 2000.</span> Out of the 146 million registered voters in the U.S., that number represents one case of voter impersonation fraud for every 15 million potential voters. Of the 10 cases of voter fraud, five of them involved family members illegally voting on behalf of relatives.

“The fraud that matters is the fraud that is organized,” Lorraine Minnite, author of “The Myth of Voter Fraud,” told News21. “That’s why voter impersonation is practically non-existent because it is difficult to do and it is difficult to pull people into conspiracies to do it.”

News21’s analysis found that other types of fraud, like absentee ballot fraud, were more common. Out of the 2,068 alleged election-fraud cases examined, 491 of them involved absentee ballot fraud.

Conservative columnist John Fund admitted last week that Republicans often focus on voter impersonation fraud over absentee fraud because conservatives have a perceived advantage in voting via mail. Absentee ballot fraud, he admitted, was the “tool of choice amongst fraudsters.” </div></div>

The voter ID laws are an attempt at voter suppression, pure and simple. Every American should be against it. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Every patriotic American that is.</span>

Q

Gayle in MD
08-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Yes they should. But, as we have seen over and over, the right applauds corruption, even admires it!

They don't care when their Repiglicans break the law, lie us into a war, out a covert agent, politicize the DOJ, run the country into a debt ditch.

As long as the Repig perp gets away with the crime, and they don't go to jail, the right sees no problemo, regardless of the degree of corruption and deceit.

G.

Qtec
08-14-2012, 02:44 AM
If the WHOLE country voted,the GOP would never be in power. That's why they have to restrict voting to stand any chance.

The article above,and many others that I have posted show that in-person voter fraud is a myth. The real voter fraud is the GOP slashing millions of people of the voter list and making it more difficult to vote instead of easier.

Would you stand 7 hours in line to cast your vote?

Q

Q

LWW
08-14-2012, 04:22 AM
Using your warped logic ... since I have never been bitten by a shark, sharks do not exist.

Qtec
08-14-2012, 04:51 AM
There is a mountain of evidence that sharks exist. Just ask the guy who recently had his leg bitten off.

Q

LWW
08-14-2012, 05:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a mountain of evidence that sharks exist. Just ask the guy who recently had his leg bitten off.

Q </div></div>

That's one ... and we have various means of checking for sharks.

Your example on voters admits to a least ten times that amount ... while advocating the prohibition on checking for cheaters.

Thanks for the back up.

Here's another analogy so simple that even you might be able to follow.

Let's eliminate all use of police radar, lidar, vascar, helicopters with stowatch devices measuring time between painted lines and police cruisers with speedometers.

Now ... once every means of detecting speeders has been eliminated, can we know assume that speeders are essentially nonexistent?

Gayle in MD
08-14-2012, 06:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would you stand 7 hours in line to cast your vote?

Q
</div></div>

Damn right I would, but I'm not the average voter, by far.

I just cannot understand why there isn't more legal action going on right now, to outlaw this obvious un-American, disenfranchisement of legal voters!

It couldn't be more obvious what these Repiglican crooks are doing!

Between this fraudulent voter restriction process, against legal voters, and Romney's illegal collections of foreign money, in secret, why aren't more law enforcement investigations and law enforcement taking stop gag measures and launching thorough investigations, already????

One would think that what is going on in Ohio, for example, would have citizens protesting, thousands screaming on the steps of Ohio Supreme Court! Repiglicans there are extending voter hours in Repiglican districts, and closing down and vastly limiting voting hours in Democratic districts.

Blatant corruption of an election! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif I"m so F-ing sick and tired of watching Repiglicans break the law, and get away with it! Absolutely disgusting!

G.

LWW
08-14-2012, 07:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would you stand 7 hours in line to cast your vote?

Q </div></div>

Ohio has had voter ID requirements for years ... and I've never waited seven minutes in line to vote.

Next party talking point you would like to parrot for us?

Soflasnapper
08-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Misleading talking point alert.

The id required in Ohio has not been state-issued picture id, allowing for the use of non-picture id.

That is what they tried to change, to claim the non-picture id wasn't sufficient.

Might even be a 'voter identification card,' issued especially for that purpose, as I have just received anew from the supervisor of elections in my county a couple of weeks ago. No picture.

As that is the crux of the matter, making the highly misleading point that prior ids were always required (when those always formerly included non-picture ids as valid for this purpose), is most dishonest in my view.

LWW
08-14-2012, 09:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Misleading talking point alert.

The id required in Ohio has not been state-issued picture id, allowing for the use of non-picture id.

That is what they tried to change, to claim the non-picture id wasn't sufficient.

Might even be a 'voter identification card,' issued especially for that purpose, as I have just received anew from the supervisor of elections in my county a couple of weeks ago. No picture.

As that is the crux of the matter, making the highly misleading point that prior ids were always required (when those always formerly included non-picture ids as valid for this purpose), is most dishonest in my view. </div></div>

True.

Ohio law has resulted in situations where the legal voter has arrived to vote only to find someone has voted for them.

Ohio will issue a state ID for $2.125 per year ... and the only folks that don't have a state DL or state ID are illegals.

Next ridiculous excuse for election fraud?

Soflasnapper
08-14-2012, 09:30 AM
and the only folks that don't have a state DL or state ID are illegals.

An interesting claim that is almost certainly false, which you know or should know.

Qtec
08-14-2012, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't. I would take a look at that line and go home. Many did.

Q

Qtec
08-14-2012, 06:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ohio law has resulted in situations where the legal voter has arrived to vote only to find someone has voted for them. </div></div>

Just like Harry, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>making claims you can't back up.</span>

Once again for you because I know you have a short term memory problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a stipulation agreement signed earlier this month, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>state officials conceded that they had no evidence of prior in-person voter fraud, or even any reason to believe that such crimes would occur with more frequency if a voter ID law wasn't in effect.

"There have been no investigations or prosecutions of in-person voter fraud in Pennsylvania; and the parties do not have direct personal knowledge of any such investigations or prosecutions in other states,” the statement reads.

According to the agreement, the state “will not offer any evidence in this action that in-person voter fraud has in fact occurred in Pennsylvania and elsewhere,” nor will it "offer argument or evidence that in-person voter fraud is likely to occur in November 2012 in the absence of the Photo ID law.” </span></div></div>

Q

LWW
08-14-2012, 07:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and the only folks that don't have a state DL or state ID are illegals.

An interesting claim that is almost certainly false, which you know or should know. </div></div>

You can't cash a check, get job, buy alcohol, apply for welfare, open a bank account, buy tobacco, rent a carpet cleaner, get a buy here pay here car loan, open a video store rental account, get a phone installed, open a utility account, get a library card, get a cell phone account, have cable installed, open a rent to own account, buy a house, register for college get subsidized housing or rent a car without one.

What sliver of the Ohio adult population that is legal does none of those things?

LWW
08-14-2012, 07:17 PM
And gain ... how an their be direct evidence of the crime when their is no mechanism in place.

If that is you true argument ... why can't you argue against having voters register at all?

Qtec
08-14-2012, 07:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And[a]gain ... how [c]an their be direct evidence of the crime when their is no mechanism in place. </div></div>

There are plenty of mechanisms in place. They have all been ignored.

Q

LWW
08-14-2012, 09:53 PM
Name them.

Qtec
08-15-2012, 04:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And gain ... how an their be direct evidence of the crime when their[ there ] is no mechanism in place </div></div>

Almost indecipherable.

Q

Qtec
08-15-2012, 04:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 26pt'>Once again for you because I know you have a short term memory problem.</span>

Quote:
In a stipulation agreement signed earlier this month, state officials conceded that they had<span style='font-size: 26pt'> no evidence of prior in-person voter fraud, </span>or even any reason to believe that such crimes would occur with more frequency if a voter ID law wasn't in effect.

"<span style='font-size: 26pt'>There have been no investigations or prosecutions of in-person voter fraud in Pennsylvania;</span> and the parties <span style='font-size: 26pt'>do not have direct personal knowledge of any such investigations or prosecutions in other states,</span>” the statement reads.

According to the agreement, the state <span style='font-size: 26pt'>“will not offer any evidence in this action that in-person voter fraud has in fact occurred in Pennsylvania and elsewhere,” nor will it "offer argument or evidence that in-person voter fraud is likely to occur in November 2012 in the absence of the Photo ID law.”</span> </div></div>

This is about voter suppression, not voter fraud.<span style='font-size: 14pt'> That is the lie <u>you have been spoon fed</u> and you lapped it up.</span>

Q