PDA

View Full Version : Romney's dead passenger, and his lies about it...

Soflasnapper
08-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Shades of Chappaquidick!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Mitt Romney lied to the family of the woman he killed
Did you know that Mitt Romney drove a car into a vehicle driven by a Catholic Bishop? Did you know that one of Romney's passengers died? And did you know that Romney has lied about the incident ever since?

This little-known scandal deserves far more attention than it has so far received.

In 1968, Romney was a Mormon missionary in France, zooming his Citroen through the small town of Bernos-Beaulac, when he slammed headlong into a car driven by a Bishop named Jean Vilnet.

Romney was in a coma for days afterwards, or so he says. (The point has been disputed.) One of his passengers died -- and therein lies a scandal.

For many years, Mitt claimed that the accident killed a drunken priest named Albert Marie, who had caused the collision by swerving at high speed into Romney's lane. That story was not true. The "priest" did not die, was not drunk, was not traveling at high speed, and was not at fault.

For what it's worth, the "priest" was then, and is now, a bishop; his name is not Albert Marie. Although Mitt Romney spoke French well, he apparently didn't understand how nomenclature works in France: The final part of a male first name may be a traditionally female name, attached with a hyphen -- and in religious families, that name is usually Marie. As it happens, the full name of the man Romney hit is Jean-Félix-Albert-Marie Vilnet.

Bishop Vilnet, who was at the Second Vatican Council, is still alive at the age of 90. The injuries he suffered in 1968 were not life threatening. (He drove a very sturdy Mercedes.)

So why would Romney later claim to have killed a priest? He knows full well that he did no such thing.

Moreover, the authorities established that Vilnet was not drunk at the time. </div></div>

More, here (http://www.cannonfire.blogspot.com/) and here (http://www.disinfo.com/2012/08/mitt-romneys-coma/)

Soflasnapper
08-14-2012, 11:17 AM
And an internet coverup as well?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Catholic.com

A few days back a summary of Occupy Security MMOG's research on the Romney's 1968 accident was made available at the catholic.com web site. This fantasy scheme protected Mitt Romney, of course. How it did it was by deploying a dishonest, thoroughly anti-Catholic scheme that slandered Catholic clergy.

The posting at catholic.com worked like a "honey pot" in database and web site systems, attracting criminal "bees" to show what they were up to at the web site.

First off, the "bees" got in and all trace of the posting was deleted from catholic.com. Even the "vilnet" tag was deleted.

Then, shortly after, a fake web page appeared at a Shanghai web server and it's hit-count was bumped up to give the fake page a high Google-search display priority. The interesting part of the content on this page is a rebuttal section from "Dale_M Forum Elder" that focuses on supporting elements of the Team Lying dysinformation stream:

[I left that out, but it's at the link] ...

"Forum Elder" is not a Catholic title.

This section never appeared at catholic.com.

So... what we have is Internet burglary at the catholic.com web site, followed by fakery that copies the logos and look-and-feel of catholic.com.

Welcome to the Watergate mentality.

Romney's lie about the car wreck in France must be protected. We're forty-four years out and it's still desperate craziness. All this is done by paid Dirty Tricksters, similar to the Watergate burglars, paid to support the Mittster's slander conspiracy that now bridges France, England in their press, the United States, and China.</div></div>

Here. (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/07/17/1110907/-Mitt-Romney-s-Driving-Killed-Leola-Anderson-His-Cover-Up-Tale-is-Proved-Dishonest)

Jesus H. Christ and the Angel Moroni!

A dead woman, a clumsy lie coverup, and now, an internet coverup?

Soflasnapper
08-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Considerable pushback from the D-Kos commenters on this. Not that the accident didn't happen, and that the allegedly dead priest wasn't killed, but the alternate explanations don't make sense, and in particular, the spoofing charge is incoherent.

(See down the comments of the dkos link for this line of objection, including calls that the piece be taken down, although a) that's partially because of an unrelated tax document argument, and b) could be the result of paid web monitors' interference.)

eg8r
08-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Wow, that is pretty interesting. Why does this article spend more time discussing the non-dead than the person that actually died?

As far as 50 shades of Kennedy what actions did Romney take afterwards? Seems he probably went to the hospital and not his uncle's house to devise his plan. Do you think if he went to the hospital the injuries could be serious enough that he never did fully remember what actually happened?

I am not defending Romney because I think the truth should come out and he should admit to whatever wrongdoing he did.

eg8r

llotter
08-14-2012, 12:56 PM
I would give Romney the benefit of the doubt when the alternative is some lying lefty until I can view all the evidence.

Soflasnapper
08-14-2012, 01:00 PM
The dead passenger in Romney's car has always been acknowledged, and there is no issue concerning her. May she rest in peace.

That the 'priest' (actually then and now a bishop) is alive contradicts the official Romney story line as it has been told over the 44 years in the meantime, because he should have been dead all the intervening years. That is the beginning to understand the official story wasn't true, because alive doesn't equal dead.

Additionally, apparently, Romney told multiple falsehoods about the story. It was not a mountain road, the 'priest' wasn't drunk or at fault, did not swerve into Romney's lane (rather, the reverse was true), and this has been intentionally hidden by, among other things, using the guy's two middle names instead of his full name, along with captions of pictures mislabeled to hide his status as alive at the time, etc.

If amateur sleuths (or big time covert operatives) have been able to find this out, what kind of blackmail and extortion could have been placed upon Romney, and what other kinds of lies and coverups may be out there? For certainly, there hasn't been much of even a whisper about the false story line about this, previously, that made much of a public splash at least.

Gayle in MD
08-14-2012, 01:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Additionally, apparently, Romney told multiple falsehoods about the story. </div></div>

And about every other subject he has ever talked about!

G.

llotter
08-14-2012, 01:07 PM
I see nothing be hearsay from dubious sources. This seems very weak evidence on which to impugn Romney.

Soflasnapper
08-14-2012, 01:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would give Romney the benefit of the doubt when the alternative is some lying lefty until I can view all the evidence. </div></div>

"You have no idea what men of power can do!"

--- Will Patton as Scott Pritchard, in No Way Out.

Spoiled rich kids killing people and getting away with no blame? Far from far fetched.

But hardly proof, I agree.

Wonder if WM Romney will clarify this any time soon?

Here's betting he gives it that creepy laugh at most, while dismissing the question and refusing to comment.

Qtec
08-14-2012, 06:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would give Romney the benefit of the doubt when the alternative is some lying lefty until I can view all the evidence. </div></div>

Romney is a proven liar. He lies every time he opens his mouth. He refuses to come clean with the American people and release his tax returns.

What possible reason do you have to give him the the benefit of the doubt??

Q

LWW
08-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Does it bother you that your first link contradicts itsef?

Gayle in MD
08-14-2012, 07:38 PM

Even juries don't get to view all of the evidence.

It is the preponderance of evidence of Romney's lifelong pisspoor behavior and deceit which should instruct.

G.

Soflasnapper
08-15-2012, 09:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does it bother you that your first link contradicts itsef? </div></div>

Not sure what you mean by that. I myself noted that there is considerable disagreement and protest of the thread at dkos.

What is more troubling, and what should trouble you more, is the clear falsehoods of the version Romney has been telling for 44 years, including as recently as 2007 and 2011.

He has to slander a live bishop as a dead drunk priest to hide his own at-fault vehicular homicide? Troubling, to be sure.

I'll give him somewhat of a break, as his head trauma and several days' coma surely have left him brain-damamaged, which actually explains many things about him, such as why he couldn't remember the hair-cutting incident from his school days.

It may be risky to put such a brain-damaged person in the WH, and the on-going extent of his brain damage ought to be clarified with an MRI forthwith, or perhaps he should withdraw from the race.