PDA

View Full Version : What is the Story Behind the Ammo Purchases?

llotter
08-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Social Security Adm. buying 174 thousand rounds of hollow point bullets and National Weather Service thousands more. In addition, DHS is buying 450 millions of .40 cal. hollow points and 750 million rounds of assorted sizes including 357 magnums.

I remember The Moron saying,"We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded" as our military. And that, "People of all ages, stations, and skills will be asked to seIrve."

Is this just a simple case of The Moron giving some business to a friend or two in the ammo business in that the bids were not subject to full and open competition?

The purpose of the large scale ammo purchases seems murky at best.

Soflasnapper
08-16-2012, 02:36 PM
I think all the purchases are for anticipation of future civil disorder and martial law, from natural disasters, bank collapses, war, famine, or disease pandemics that have been planned or foreseen (both).

As to your guess that maybe it's Obama giving business to friends or supporters, I'm quite sure that is not the case. That isn't how government procurement works anymore, and you've got the House Governmental Affairs oversight from Rep. Issa to look at all these contracts for exactly that same thing (unless Obama would share the favoritism with GOP backers and supporters-- unlikely).

Gayle in MD
08-16-2012, 06:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rep. Issa to look at all these contracts for exactly that same thing (unless Obama would share the favoritism with GOP backers and supporters-- unlikely). </div></div>

And if Issa, the arsonist and car thief, doesn't find anything, he can just make somethng up out of thin air, like he has done before!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif