PDA

View Full Version : CLOTH Color

10-07-2002, 04:16 AM
I'm about to buy a pool table. I have a choice of the cloth color. There's the greens, reds and various shades of blue to choose from

My question is, do any of the more unorthodox colours (i.e. not normal green) cause any eye strain if you play on them a lot ?

rackmup
10-07-2002, 06:07 AM
<font color=green>GREEN</font color=green> is the ONLY color for a pool table and here is why:

<font color=red>RED</font color=red>
Red is an exciting color but known to escalate the body's metabolism. Red has anger implications and it indicates high energy, determination, and much passion. None of these attributes are good for the game of pool. You'll be nervous and excited all of the time and unable to focus on your shots.

<font color=blue>BLUE</font color=blue>
Blue is the color that indicates dignity, tranquility, higher intuition, psychic powers, and trustworthiness. None of these attributes fit the stereotypical pool player. You'll feel guilty for lending the perception of being something that you are not.

<font color=black>BLACK</font color=black>
Can represent evil. While this my seem more appropriate, it is best left for satanic worship or as an oil-catching drop-cloth for that leaking oil pan that you cannot afford to fix because you spent all of your expendable cash on a pool table.

<font color=purple>PURPLE</font color=purple>
Purple is the color of romance. The effects of purple cloth could lead to "other" endeavors taking place on the bed of your table. This activity is never good for the cloth, leaves indelible stains and causes severe "rug burn" to one's knees. In Hindu belief, purple is also a color associated with the heart of the "Chakra." You don't want to be messing with the heart of a "Chakra" (although I hear they are delicious if breaded and deep-fryed.)

And last but certainly the best choice for a pool table...

<font color=green>GREEN</font color=green>
Green is peaceful and the color of a spring meadow. Bright green can be uplifting and dark green evokes the mental image of a grove or forest. Green is the color of freshness and renewal, and has been in Western culture since the earliest of times. Reappearing in springtime, after the dull, seemingly colorless winter, it became a symbol of fertility and growth, of abundance and external life. It is also "The Color of Money", the color of a four leaf clover and the color of a lucky rabbit's foot (if left out and allowed to mold over properly.) These are all symbols of great fortune, luck and prosperity.

I hope this has been of some help.

Regards,

Ken (not a "Color Expert" but did buy a can of paint once after watching an episode of "Martha Stewart Living".)

bluewolf
10-07-2002, 06:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> <font color=green>GREEN</font color=green> is the ONLY color for a pool table and here is why:

<font color=red>RED</font color=red>
Red is an exciting color but known to escalate the body's metabolism. Red has anger implications and it indicates high energy, determination, and much passion. None of these attributes are good for the game of pool. You'll be nervous and excited all of the time and unable to focus on your shots.

<font color=blue>BLUE</font color=blue>
Blue is the color that indicates dignity, tranquility, higher intuition, psychic powers, and trustworthiness. None of these attributes fit the stereotypical pool player. You'll feel guilty for lending the perception of being something that you are not.

<font color=black>BLACK</font color=black>
Can represent evil. While this my seem more appropriate, it is best left for satanic worship or as an oil-catching drop-cloth for that leaking oil pan that you cannot afford to fix because you spent all of your expendable cash on a pool table.

<font color=purple>PURPLE</font color=purple>
Purple is the color of romance. The effects of purple cloth could lead to "other" endeavors taking place on the bed of your table. This activity is never good for the cloth, leaves indelible stains and causes severe "rug burn" to one's knees. In Hindu belief, purple is also a color associated with the heart of the "Chakra." You don't want to be messing with the heart of a "Chakra" (although I hear they are delicious if breaded and deep-fryed.)

And last but certainly the best choice for a pool table...

<font color=green>GREEN</font color=green>
Green is peaceful and the color of a spring meadow. Bright green can be uplifting and dark green evokes the mental image of a grove or forest. Green is the color of freshness and renewal, and has been in Western culture since the earliest of times. Reappearing in springtime, after the dull, seemingly colorless winter, it became a symbol of fertility and growth, of abundance and external life. It is also "The Color of Money", the color of a four leaf clover and the color of a lucky rabbit's foot (if left out and allowed to mold over properly.) These are all symbols of great fortune, luck and prosperity.

I hope this has been of some help.

Regards,

Ken (not a "Color Expert" but did buy a can of paint once after watching an episode of "Martha Stewart Living".) <hr></blockquote>

ken,

this is the greatest thing i have read in a long time.

when i got my pt, was told that red fades the worst. i paid extra, got a higher quality cloth and it is light blue. the rails are black so it looks very pretty.it isnt the color of money or a four leaf clover but this is what it means to me.

it is the color a light sky on a clear day. the sky is the limit,it invokes feelings of confidence,relaxation and focus.

it is the color of the ocean when clear,meaning the possibilities are endless.just as we will never reach the bottom of the ocean at its deepest point,there is no limit to the depth we can go in pool regarding learning, proficiency,satisfaction and friendship.my pool table is like an alter where i thank God everyday for its existence and presence in my home.

bw

Rich R.
10-07-2002, 08:10 AM
The pool table cloth color with the least amount of stress associated with it, is the color that is most acceptable to your significant other. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Rich R.~~~wishes Simonis had more color choices.

WaltVA
10-07-2002, 09:23 AM
Of the colors I've played on, the light tan (camel) color is very easy to see balls clearly on, but shows dirt/stains very quickly and looks ratty after a short time. The light blue and light gray are also good to play on (gray slightly better, IMO),but also show dirt quickly.

Any shade of red or purple is terrible on the eyes; edges of balls seem to disappear and the cloth seems to absorb light.

Green is my first choice for playability/wear/appearance.

Walt in VA

Brent
10-08-2002, 02:40 PM
I think greenish-blue is leet..u know like the water in Hawaii /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif