PDA

View Full Version : OMG Ryan forgot $60,000 in income last year

Soflasnapper
08-17-2012, 07:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Paul Ryan's inability to do basic math continues even into his home life, as their 2011 return needed to be corrected after Ryan forgot to mention slightly over $60,000 in income the first time around. </div></div>

On his tax return. $60k short, as genius budget man with a plan falls short again. Under almost all circumstances, this means he underpaid his taxes.

Some people around here would say he dodged paying his taxes.

Mitt Romney's view not so long ago (early 2009) was that Geithner's similar faux paux meant he that although he was qualified, that had disqualified him anyway, and had eliminated the possibility for him to become SecTreasury.

Is the veep more or less an important job than SecTreasury? Is honesty, probity, and an unblemished record more important for SecTreasury than it is for veep?

So many questions.... LOL!

eg8r
08-17-2012, 07:34 PM
If he dodged the taxes he can be rest assured the lefties will not make a big deal out of it. Those of us on the right though think he should come clean and admit to dodging the taxes.

eg8r

hondo
08-17-2012, 09:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If he dodged the taxes he can be rest assured the lefties will not make a big deal out of it. Those of us on the right though think he should come clean and admit to dodging the taxes.

eg8r </div></div>

If you are kidding then that's a clever post. If you are serious... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
08-18-2012, 01:17 AM
He's not kidding. Let us not forget that he doesn't acknowledge that Bush lied the country into a war in Iraq!

Nor that Bush let 9/11 happen, to serve his pre-presidential appointment, Iraq War agenda.

Of course, we know now for sure that is exactly what happened, since the latest release of more of the information which Bush/Cheney had had redacted from the 9/11 report, and some of the C.I.A. information which was recently de-classified. It took a court fight to get it out in the open.

Yes, they knew 9/11 was coming, when it was coming, where it would happen, and how it would happen, and they refused to do anything to prevent it.

And, we also know now that the information was far more specific than they had ever admitted, as well as what colossal liars the entire top level of the Bush Administration all were, and are.

Denial is the agenda of all Republican supporters.

Hence, they always accuse others of their own failures to acknowledge documented facts as they continue their search for the propaganda that supports their theories as they continue on their silly little cherry picking crusades.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Qtec
08-18-2012, 03:13 AM
Note that Ryan was vetted thoroughly before he was chosen! LOL

Either it was on purpose or they are extremely incompetent.

Ha.

Q

LWW
08-18-2012, 04:21 AM
Odd that you didn't supply a link?

Qtec
08-18-2012, 05:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In addition to Mr. Ryan’s salary, for 2011 the couple reported more than $116,000 in income from rental property, investments and several trusts, assets that the campaign has said are owned mostly by his wife. Mr. Ryan’s financial disclosure forms estimate the couple’s net worth as between $2.1 million and $7.8 million, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>much of which is in Ms. Ryan’s trust, which is valued at $1 million to $5 million.</span> </div></div>

So he forgot to mention most of his assets!

Q

llotter
08-18-2012, 06:19 AM
Using OMG makes you sound very effeminate.

Gayle in MD
08-18-2012, 08:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Using OMG makes you sound very effeminate. </div></div>

Only to a homophobe.

eg8r
08-18-2012, 09:05 AM
So you are saying you only make a big deal if it is a (R) and not when it is a (D)?

eg8r

cushioncrawler
08-18-2012, 09:07 AM
13% OF WHAT ????????????????????????? ?????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????? ???????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????? ?????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????? ????
????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????? ????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????? ????????????????????
????????????? ??????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????? ??????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?
?????????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????? ?????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????? ??????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????? ???????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????
??????????? ?????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????? ????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????? ???
???????????? ??????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????? ?????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????? ????
? ???????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????? ????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????? ????????????????
??????????????? ??????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????? ?????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????? ??
????????????? ???????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????? ???????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?
???????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????? ???????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????

Soflasnapper
08-18-2012, 10:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Odd that you didn't supply a link? </div></div>

"It's out there." -- X Files

"The word's out on the street." -- Harry Reid

Soflasnapper
08-18-2012, 10:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Using OMG makes you sound very effeminate. </div></div>

Thanks. I was trying for that effect-- a kind of high pitched squeal is what I hoped would be imagined. A shriek of delight.

Soflasnapper
08-18-2012, 10:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If he dodged the taxes he can be rest assured the lefties will not make a big deal out of it. Those of us on the right though think he should come clean and admit to dodging the taxes.

eg8r </div></div>

I must disagree with that one, entirely.

You surely have it backwards, I predict. The Dems will try to make hay of it, and the GOP will defend him, when they deign to ever mention it, which they will mainly avoid. On what world view is that not obvious?

llotter
08-18-2012, 11:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Using OMG makes you sound very effeminate. </div></div>

Thanks. I was trying for that effect-- a kind of high pitched squeal is what I hoped would be imagined. A shriek of delight. </div></div>

You just confirmed it.

Soflasnapper
08-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Yes, most perceptive of you.

"Sound" being a key word, I point out.

hondo
08-18-2012, 04:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you are saying you only make a big deal if it is a (R) and not when it is a (D)?

eg8r </div></div>

LOL! I have come to the conclusion that no matter what I say, once it goes through the Eg filter, it will differ vastly from its original intent. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
08-18-2012, 04:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If he dodged the taxes he can be rest assured the lefties will not make a big deal out of it. Those of us on the right though think he should come clean and admit to dodging the taxes.

eg8r </div></div>

I must disagree with that one, entirely.

You surely have it backwards, I predict. The Dems will try to make hay of it, and the GOP will defend him, when they deign to ever mention it, which they will mainly avoid. On what world view is that not obvious? </div></div>

Agreed. That's why I gave Eg the opportunity to say he was being facetious, but, alas... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hondo
08-18-2012, 04:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Using OMG makes you sound very effeminate. </div></div>

Thanks. I was trying for that effect-- a kind of high pitched squeal is what I hoped would be imagined. A shriek of delight. </div></div>

You just confirmed it.
</div></div>

Yes, Lotter, you really nailed him, you clever lad. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

LWW
08-18-2012, 07:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Odd that you didn't supply a link? </div></div>

</div></div>

Is the link missing because it was from the DailyKook?

Soflasnapper
08-18-2012, 08:03 PM
No, I didn't supply a link because this is widely reported fresh news that can be found in many places.

Isn't it? Is it not what you found when or if you looked at a relevant key word search?

As always, I appreciate correction on any incorrect material I may post, so please, do not hold back from fear of offending me.

hondo
08-18-2012, 09:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> so please, do not hold back from fear of offending me. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Soflasnapper
08-18-2012, 09:18 PM
So here's the question: does any supporter of Romney/Ryan have the slightest thing to say about Mr. Ryan's puzzling and perhaps intentional inability to remember to file $60k in income, not pay taxes on that amount, and also forgetting to file his $3 to $5 million dollar trust account and its $100k to $1 million income?

Is this the high standard of impeccable conduct you now set for your candidate? (No criminal charges, yet!)

And since Romney must have known all about these things because they came out in his vetting, and yet he himself picked this man over the objections of his entire political team (as they leaked to the press to protect their futures in the political advisor industry), doesn't this simply prove Romney's own similar sloppy to the edge of illegality financial practices and history?

ROMNEY did NOT find these to be disqualifying, even though a far less egregious matter of Geithner's made him say Geithner had disqualified himself from a cabinet position?

Nothing? Crickets.

LWW
08-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Again ... all I asked was the left to use a ingle standard.

The post was really pointed at Snoopy because he goes into fits denying links even when they are given ... and spittle pewing rage if one is forgotten ... henever it doesn't supported the regime.

Oddly, he never does that when something does support his warped POV.

Gayle in MD
08-19-2012, 07:03 AM
Wonder why it is that Repiglican politicians all seem to suffer from amnesia!!!

How many of them have we heard saying "I don't recall" over and over again, for the last forty years, every time they get caught breaking the laws, WHAMO! Memory is gone!

What's in that chicken at Chick-F-A, anyway? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

G.

Soflasnapper
08-19-2012, 02:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Odd that you didn't supply a link? </div></div>

</div></div>

Is the link missing because it was from the DailyKook? </div></div>

Here, from the WSJ. (http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/08/17/paul-ryan-discloses-1-million-to-5-million-family-trust/)

No need to be defensive. It was put out over the weekend, on a Friday night, so it's obvious why you missed it.

It was released in a way so that the American people WOULD MISS IT.

eg8r
08-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Anyone that turned a blind eye to Geitner has no room to say anything at this point.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
08-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Of course, the opposite point is the question right now.

As to the people who did NOT turn a blind eye to him, but called for his rejection for the job. Perhaps you, in this instance, and definitely one Mr. Willard M. Romney.

Really, it's just special pleading and alibiing for ones own side, while calling out the special pleading and alibiing on the other side. Very few people apply the same standard to their enemies as to their allies and/or friends.

So, rather than discuss why the GOP was right to raise grave doubts about Geithner, and therefore illegitimately ignoring the same proven problem with Ryan, you resort to jiujitsu moves. Smart rhetorically, perhaps, but a dodge of the underlying issue.

Gayle in MD
08-20-2012, 12:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone that turned a blind eye to Geitner has no room to say anything at this point.

eg8r </div></div>

You still don't get it.

Two different situations entirely!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif
G.

eg8r
08-20-2012, 01:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course, the opposite point is the question right now.

As to the people who did NOT turn a blind eye to him, but called for his rejection for the job.</div></div>I am fine with that, however your point cannot be made if you were not honest enough to reject Geitner at that time. You were not one of the honest people so you making this statement is moot. I am fine with removing Ryan from the ballot if you had been fine with removing Geitner at the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, rather than discuss why the GOP was right to raise grave doubts about Geithner, and therefore illegitimately ignoring the same proven problem with Ryan, you resort to jiujitsu moves. </div></div>Again, your intellectual dishonesty is on display. Up to this point I did not say anything about what I thought should happen to Ryan. My lack of statement is not my acceptance of Ryan's actions. Why on earth are you dumbing yourself down to qtip and gaylio's level? So much for you ability to recognize any jiujisu moves, at this point in the match you have already been submitted.

eg8r

eg8r
08-20-2012, 01:45 PM
LOL, the fact of the matter is that you never did get it. People like you thought it was fine for Geitner to cheat his taxes but that it is not fine for Ryan. Your hypocrisy is on display for all to see.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-20-2012, 01:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course, the opposite point is the question right now.

As to the people who did NOT turn a blind eye to him, but called for his rejection for the job.</div></div>I am fine with that, however your point cannot be made if you were not honest enough to reject Geitner at that time. You were not one of the honest people so you making this statement is moot. I am fine with removing Ryan from the ballot if you had been fine with removing Geitner at the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, rather than discuss why the GOP was right to raise grave doubts about Geithner, and therefore illegitimately ignoring the same proven problem with Ryan, you resort to jiujitsu moves. </div></div>Again, your intellectual dishonesty is on display. Up to this point I did not say anything about what I thought should happen to Ryan. My lack of statement is not my acceptance of Ryan's actions. Why on earth are you dumbing yourself down to qtip and gaylio's level? So much for you ability to recognize any jiujisu moves, at this point in the match you have already been submitted.

eg8r </div></div>

I don't recall writing any opinion about Geitner, although I maintain the two situations are not the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My lack of statement is not my acceptance of Ryan's actions. </div></div>

LMAO! Yet that is exactly the standard which you constantly use to attack others.

G.

eg8r
08-20-2012, 01:49 PM
So then it is right for sofla and yourself to do it? If you think it is wrong when I do it why would you dare imitate?

eg8r

LWW
08-20-2012, 02:23 PM
She's right ... Geithner works for dear leader, Romney opposes dear leader, therefore two different standards must be used by the left.