PDA

View Full Version : sample wei table

ccboard_admin_back
10-07-2002, 07:30 AM
We are testing adding a wei table into this forum. It will only be able to be viewed from the old style webbbs for testing purposes. So click on the link above and let us know what you think?

For more info on this table visit Wei's site:

<a target="_blank" href=http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2_help.html>http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2_help.html</a>

10-07-2002, 07:45 AM
Excellent!!!

Chris Cass
10-07-2002, 07:50 AM
You guys are great!!!!!

C.C.

TomBrooklyn
10-07-2002, 07:53 AM
Looks and works just like the RSB table. I illustrated a simple two way combination shot with a three rail kick to make the one, five, and nine ball. If you miss the nine, you should still have a shot at the two. START(

%AX9E2%BE3I3%CK3H1%D`6U8%EX9C9%Fb1M1%Go0J0%HV1S3%I D5Z4%PR6E0%UX7F3%VS2E2%Wf2D5%Xs2U3%YF1Y6%Ze2C8%[[4[7%\X7D8%]q8D2%^Y6D1

%eA8`6%_j6[0%`e5U6%aX7F5%br7U7%cm9Y1%dk2[2)END

It will be nice not to have to look far to get to the shot table. It would be nice if it had a couple of more arrows to work with.

Good job,

=Tom=

10-07-2002, 07:57 AM
For those who don't know, Wei is a real person and a really good guy. He was told on many occasions that he should license the Wei table to the different forums, for a fee, but he declined, saying that it was his gift to the billiard community. He deserves an award of some sort.

10-07-2002, 10:01 AM
Do I need to download something to make it work? My computer is a 350 with 128 ram. Is it to old for something like this?

Nostroke
10-07-2002, 10:04 AM
Is he the one pocket player from Corner Biliards? I keep forgetting to ask him.

heater451
10-07-2002, 02:31 PM
Try downloading and installing the Shockwave Plugin (Director) from Macromedia:

http://sdc.shockwave.com/shockwave/download/triggerpages_mmcom/default.html

===================

Ross
10-07-2002, 03:34 PM
Great idea!

Minor suggestion - can the background be changed to a light green? I think that is an easy parameter to change in the program. The current color does not contrast well with some of the balls, lines, etc.

10-07-2002, 05:39 PM
Gotta hit it pretty firm!

START(
%IY3D0%PY0J2%UY0D8%VX9I5%W]6Z6%XY5D9%eC0b2%_[9D3%`]5O1%a]7[2

)END

Warren_Lushia
10-07-2002, 10:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> For those who don't know, Wei is a real person and a really good guy. He was told on many occasions that he should license the Wei table to the different forums, for a fee, but he declined, saying that it was his gift to the billiard community. He deserves an award of some sort. <hr></blockquote>

well, for starters it would be nice if BD did the right thing and offered WEI the nominal fee to get the table customized like, for example, mike howerton of azbilliards did. mike has had this feature available on his forum for a while now.

i honestly feel a very nice reward for WEI would be a one page feature article in a future edition of BD interviewing him and showing the features of the WEI table, etc. how do y'all feel about that?

warren..

Fred Agnir
10-08-2002, 06:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Do I need to download something to make it work? My computer is a 350 with 128 ram. Is it to old for something like this? <hr></blockquote>
That's what I have at home. No problems. Just download the latest version of Shockwave and you're good to go.

Fred

Fred Agnir
10-08-2002, 07:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Warren_Lushia:</font><hr> well, for starters it would be nice if BD did the right thing and offered WEI the nominal fee to get the table customized like, for example, mike howerton of azbilliards did. mike has had this feature available on his forum for a while now.

i honestly feel a very nice reward for WEI would be a one page feature article in a future edition of BD interviewing him and showing the features of the WEI table, etc. how do y'all feel about that? <hr></blockquote>
I wholeheartedly agree. I personally think that this is the greatest online thingy in pool. Wei deserves recognition.

Fred

rackmup
10-08-2002, 08:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: anonymous:</font><hr>For those who don't know, Wei is a real person and a really good guy. He was told on many occasions that he should license the Wei table to the different forums, for a fee, but he declined, saying that it was his gift to the billiard community. He deserves an award of some sort. <hr></blockquote>

Didn't he have something to do with the following?:

"Four score and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth upon this continent, a new billiards tool: conceived in a small home office, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are not able to accurately describe a shot without illustration.

Now we are engaged in a challenge, testing whether the players of this nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great field of green Simonis of that challenge.

We have come to dedicate a portion of that cloth as a final tool for those who here gave their time and effort that this game of pool might prosper. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate — we cannot consecrate — we cannot hallow — this instuctor's tool. The brave players, living and dead, who struggled here have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember, what we say here, but it can never forget what they did on the tables of yesteryear.

It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who bravely played here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task of improving our game —that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of object ball spin — that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain — that this game, under God, shall have a new birth of players — and that the poolrooms of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not suffer from lack of opportunity to so describe a pool shot."

Regards,

Ken (a pool history buff)

nAz
10-08-2002, 08:10 AM
LOL Rackm you sure got a lot of time on your hands lol

rackmup
10-08-2002, 08:30 AM
When it rains, I don't work. It is raining.

Regards,

Ken (listening to the pitter-patter of making no money today)

griffith_d
10-08-2002, 10:29 AM
The message board easypooltutor uses it and I like it.

Griff

NH_Steve
10-08-2002, 06:46 PM
Thank you for working at adding the WEI feature -- I look forward to working with it!

(You might maybe want to change the logo in the background from RSB to CCB, though /webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif /webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif )

heater451
10-09-2002, 08:13 AM
On Wei's 'Help' page, he allows for a parameter to be set in the HTML code, to change the table color (see the "Table of Horror" part).

As for changing the logo, he also offers:<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wei:</font><hr>Personalized option

it is possible to engrave your personal name or company logo on the table to enhance your business and enjoyment. If interested please contact me for details, I am happy to do it for a small sum.<hr></blockquote>
And, although I don't believe that "RSB" is a trademark, it does represent a group beyond the "CCB", and I think that BD should have it changed. At the very least, a blank table. . . .

I might even be willing to donate some $, if they didn't want to spring for it.

=========================