PDA

View Full Version : Paul Ryan Defended Stimulus

Qtec
08-19-2012, 02:33 AM
Who said this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"What we're trying to accomplish today with the passage of <span style='font-size: 17pt'>this third stimulus package</span> is to create jobs and help the unemployed. What we're trying to accomplish is to pass the kinds of legislation that when they've passed in the past have grown the economy and gotten people back to work.
In recessions unemployment lags on well after a recovery has taken place.
We've got to get the engine of economic growth growing again because we now know, because of recession, we don't have the revenues that we wanted to, we don't have the revenues we need, to fix Medicare, to fix Social Security, to fix these issues. We've got to get Americans back to work. Then the surpluses come back, then the jobs come back. That is the constructive answer we're trying to accomplish here on, yes, a bipartisan basis. I urge members to drop the demagoguery and to pass this bill to help us work together to get the American people back to work and help those people who've lost their jobs.

We have a lot of laid off workers, and more layoffs are occurring. And we know, as a historical fact, that even if our economy begins to slowly recover, unemployment is going to linger on and on well after that recovery takes place. What we have been trying to do starting in October and into December and now is to try and get people back to work. The things we're trying to pass in this bill are the time-tested, proven, bipartisan solutions to get businesses to stop laying off people, to hire people back, and to help those people who have lost their jobs." </div></div>

Paul Ryan Defended Stimulus -- When George W. Bush Wanted It In 2002 (VIDEO) (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/19/paul-ryan-bush-stimulus_n_1803761.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Dog Ate Paul Ryan’s Homework
Posted on 08/18/2012 at 4:30 pm by JM Ashby

First he said he never requested stimulus.

Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan told Cincinnati’s WCPO today that he “never” requested stimulus funds for his Wisconsin district in 2009.

The problem: That blatantly contradicts a report from The Boston Globe that says Ryan wrote at least four letters to Secretary of Energy Steven Chu for a “pair of Wisconsin conservation groups.”

Then he said his staff was responsible for requesting stimulus.

In a paper statement on Thursday, Ryan said, “After having these letters called to my attention I checked into them, and they were treated as constituent service requests in the same way matters involving Social Security or Veterans Affairs are handled.

Now he’s saying he wasn’t aware of the letters requesting stimulus. </div></div>

Yeah right!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> RYAN: I didn’t know about those letters until very recently when they were brought to my attention because they went through our constituent case work system and I take full responsibility for that. The point I’m trying to make is, the stimulus was a failure

Yes, I signed the letters, and “I was pleased that the primary objectives of their project will allow residents and businesses in the partner cities to reduce their energy costs, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and stimulate the local economy by creating new jobs.” But, you know, the stimulus was a failure.

If it’s true that he didn’t know about the letters, wouldn’t that indicate Ryan doesn’t keep track of what’s being approved by his office? And if he didn’t know about them, how did his hand-written signature wind up on them?

If it wasn’t for the government, Ryan would still be driving that Wienermobile.</div></div>

Too true.

Under Bush, he never saw any problem with not paying for things like the two wars and the Bush tax cuts or a stimulus.

Q

Gayle in MD
08-19-2012, 06:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too true.

Under Bush, he never saw any problem with not paying for things like the two wars and the Bush tax cuts or a stimulus.

Q

</div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">TRUE! Just as the condescending trolls on here and apparently on AZ, as well, had no problem with deficit spending throughout the Bush Years of unprecedented spending and borrowing!

Back then their mantra was, "The Deficits Don't Matter!"

The choir still singing behind Reagan, re-brainwashed by Cheney.

In most cases, once they're brain washed, it lasts a lifetime!

G.</span>

LWW
08-19-2012, 07:12 AM
And the demokrooks opposed that stimulus because they claimed that at $60B it woud destrroy the budget.

Flail about some more now.

Soflasnapper
08-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Ha ha! Creative writing again?

DESTROY THE BUDGET? Oh, brother.

Qtec
08-19-2012, 10:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And the demokrooks opposed that stimulus because they claimed that at $60B it woud destrroy the budget. </div></div>

We are talking about Ryan and HIS hypocrisy. Anything to say about that? Nah........Try and keep on topic. If you have nothing to say, which you don´t, then STFU.

Let me make it very simple for you,

<span style='font-size: 20pt'><span style='font-size: 17pt'>Ryan voted for every Bush bill that increased the deficit and the Debt. At the time, increasing the debt burden on the children of today was a non-issue.</span> </span>.

Ryan is a fake.
If you have any proof to the contrary I would love to see it. We all would, because the evidence that he IS a FAKE is mounting day by day.

Q

Soflasnapper
08-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Yes quite so.

Besides, it really was **$675 billion**, right, LWW?

Qtec
08-20-2012, 03:19 AM
Ryan Vs Ryan (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/guilty-as-stim-chris-hayes-digs-up-devastating-video-of-paul-ryan-stimulus-hypocrisy/)

Q

eg8r
08-20-2012, 08:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"What we're trying to accomplish today with the passage of this third stimulus package is to create jobs and help the unemployed.</div></div>It is a shame the naysayers were right.

eg8r

eg8r
08-20-2012, 08:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are talking about Ryan and HIS hypocrisy. Anything to say about that? Nah........Try and keep on topic. If you have nothing to say, which you don´t, then STFU.</div></div>LOL, so when gaylio gets off subject you just increase the font size and weight of the text and explain to her what the subject actually is. For lww you cuss at him. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-20-2012, 09:00 AM
It isn't going off the subject to address the original cause of our economic problems, eight years under the Bush Regime in order to highlight the lies being told by the right.

G.

eg8r
08-20-2012, 10:40 AM
LOL, yeah well he sure brought you back quickly. It was hilarious.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-20-2012, 11:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, yeah well he sure brought you back quickly. It was hilarious.

eg8r </div></div>

Dream on Eg.

You're out of touch.

Q and I see things almost exactly the same.

You are the one by far that he finds ridiculous, irrelevant, and wrong on the issues. I think he has made that more than clear all through the history here.

But like all REpiglicans, you accuse others of what you yourself
ARE known for doing!

G.

eg8r
08-20-2012, 01:25 PM
H I L A R I O U S !