PDA

View Full Version : OUTRAGEOUS REPIGLICAN'S COMMENTS ON RAPE!

Gayle in MD
08-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Todd Akin On Abortion: 'Legitimate Rape' Victims Have 'Ways To Try To Shut That Whole Thing Down' (VIDEO)

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif <span style="color: #990000">Sound like Rush? Apparently Repigicans don't know any more about pregnancy than they do about economics! But their misogyny is consistantly obvious in their War On women's rights! </span>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/19/todd-akin-abortion-legitimate-rape_n_1807381.html

Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) justified his extreme opposition to abortion by claiming that victims of "legitimate rape" rarely get pregnant.

In an interview with KTVI-TV on Sunday, the GOP Senate nominee was asked if he supported abortion in the case of rape.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"From what I understand from doctors, that's really rare," said Akin said of pregnancy caused by rape. "If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let's assume maybe that didn't work or something. I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist."</span>

Akin won a three-way primary on Aug. 7 for the rights to a November battle against incumbent Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.). McCaskill was "stunned" by Akin's Sunday comments.

<span style="color: #990000">Another ignorant, disgusting, repulsive PIG! </span>

eg8r
08-20-2012, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I agree this was pretty crazy. It is crazy what goes through some people's mind.

eg8r