PDA

View Full Version : Tannehill the starter???

eg8r
08-20-2012, 06:39 PM
I don't want to sound negative but who really doubted this would happen? College coach becomes pro head coach. Pro head coach drafts his college quarterback. Current QB is not very good. College coach turned pro coach decides to do something even the great Don Shula never did. I have heard some good about Tannehill and Adam Schefter thinks he is the most ready to play but I just am not that optimistic. I have loved the Dolphins since the day I watched my first pro game (well my family has always been Dolphins fans). Losing Marino sucked but it has sucked even more all these years watching the QB rotating door in Miami.

eg8r

sack316
08-20-2012, 07:54 PM
They should have worked out a way to get Jason Campbell. But then again I'm an Auburn fan lol. But he would have been a serviceable fit. Young enough to play a few solid seasons if need be, experienced enough to teach the young'ns.

Sack

Soflasnapper
08-21-2012, 11:01 AM
I disagree that the current QB wasn't so good. Matt Moore did enough that he should have been the presumptive starter, requiring the others to beat him out.

I think he just doesn't fit in the longer term (short term) plans for the team, as even retread David Girrard was to be the starter. He's injured, so that would be the opportunity for Tannehill, based on the direction the club is going in at QB.

I guess Moore simply isn't the long term solution they want (serviceable but nowhere near a franchise QB), and why not go with the future (which is only forced by Girrard's injury, actually)? Meanwhile Moore is a capable backup as last year's 8 game starter or whatever it was, if they keep him around, and Girrard's injury would make that likely.

Soflasnapper
08-21-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm such a bad fan that I spelled Garard's name wrong all through that post, LOL!

(I think I still have it wrong here!)

But if you think about it, it must show that Tannehill is better than Marino, who had to sit for 6 games before he got the starting nod. Yes, MUST, I say.

eg8r
08-21-2012, 07:25 PM
That is what I am thinking. With Shula's bad coaching by making Marino sit the new guy must be a freaking genius. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Soflasnapper
08-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Headlines locally on the sports page say the team is fine with this decision, although no one is speaking out to that effect.

(Mind reading, apparently.)

eg8r
08-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Who is mind reading? If you are referring to my post I was just speaking my own mind. Why would the team come out against the current coach in defense of what Shula did years ago? They wouldn't and it would't make any sense. I think Tannehill should sit and learn the pro game. It was good for Marino who was a much better QB coming out of college with a lot more experience.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
08-22-2012, 10:40 AM
I saying the reporters in the newspaper piece are mind-reading what the players think, but haven't stated.

eg8r
08-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Well, I hope all us naysayers are wrong and Dolphins will have a team on the field to be proud about. It sure is tough rooting for a losing team every year.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
08-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Which is why I liked Matt Moore to be the starter at QB, considering HIS record (the team's record, with him starting), wasn't a losing one. Pretty good at the position, and the team DID win (more than lost) with him there.

Not sure when Coach Sporano was let go (after the winning streak of 5 or so that followed a worse losing streak under the original starter ended, iirc), but Moore and the offense labored under his run-first offensive planning. Jake Long going out hurt a lot as well.

Word is we've got a West Coast style passing offense installed now, spraying the ball around the field, GREAT! so all that's missing is an O-line that can protect the QB and receivers that can help the QB. (Uh oh!) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif