<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Everybody who's looked at this says what Gov. Romney's saying is absolutely wrong," </div></div>
Gayle in MD
08-21-2012, 06:33 AM
The President was excellent, as usual, and truthful, as usual, as well.
One of the resonders to that Huffingtonpost story, posted an excellent response to it:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mitt can't run on his Bain time - that didn't help America.
Mitt says not to look at taxes he paid (or lack of taxes he paid)
So, let's look at his time as governor . . .
1. JOB CREATION FELL. Job creation fell from 37th to 47th during Romney's term.
2. THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WORKING DECLINED. Between 2002-2006, the number of people working in Mass declined by a net 8,500 people, the only state to lose jobs.
3. LOST MANUFACTURING JOBS. Romney lost 14% of the manufacturing jobs in the state, including 40,000 high paying manufacturing jobs.
4. PEOPLE LEFT MASS TO FIND WORK ELSEWHERE. A net 222,000 people moved out of Mass to seek employment else where, a loss of 3.5% of the work force.
5. WAGES DROPPED. Between 2002-2004, wages dropped 5%.
6. SHIPPED STATE JOBS OVERSEAS. Romney vetoed legislation that would have prohibited sending State jobs overseas and barred state contractors from sending jobs overseas.
7. INCREASED DEBT. Romney had the largest increase in debt of any Governor in the country, increasing by more than $2.6 billion.
8. INCREASED GOVERNMENT COST FELL ON MIDDLE CLASS. Romney cut taxes for the wealthy, while increasing hundreds of fees that fall mainly on the middle class.
Wow, he can't really run on that either!
He also cannot run on supporting womens rights, not even if they have been raped!
he's going to lose!
I don't think the women in this country, by and large, want to see another Repiglican Supreme Court appointee!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.