PDA

View Full Version : Akin Vows to Stay In The Race!

Gayle in MD
08-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Or so he told the Huckster on the radio, a couple of hours ago.

LMAO!

Romney and the Repiglicans are sweating bullets today!

Romney is still hanging himself, reiterating more lies about Planned Parenthood, and vowing they will defund Planned Parenthood, which means that three million Americans, men and women, will no longer get breast cancer screenings, cervical screenings, STD screenings, poor women will get no help to pay for their birth control, and since 97% of what PP does, has nothing at all to do with abortion, I doubt this is going to make Independents run into the booth to vote for Lying Ryan or Mitt, YOU PEOPLE Romney.

Well folks, it's a cradle to grave assault WAR ON WOMEN from head start, to equal pay for equal work, to cancer aid and birth control for single mothers, who are struggling to feed their children, to all of the 32,000 plus women who are Raped every year in this country, and would rather die than being their rapest's fetus to term.

Men telling women what they can and can't do with their own bodies!

But, gee, don't they have a Congressman on The Hill, who won't pay child support for his own children?

Repiglicans are demanding Akin get out, and their religious leaders, all demanding that he stay in! Is this what they call a split in The Party?

BWA HA HA HA... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Yep! They have painted themselves right into the corner, just as I/WE predicted.

G.

llotter
08-21-2012, 02:36 PM
I am glad that he is staying in the race and if he wins w/o Republican help, I hope your changed to the Constitution Party or alternatively, the Libertarian. The Republican Senate Committee has vowed to withhold the planned $5 million from the MO race.

You shouldn't worry about the future of Planned Parenthood, there are plenty of liberals supporters, like yourself, who will gladly send them a check for all their good work they do.

DiabloViejo
08-21-2012, 04:09 PM
That's great news! The republicans can't win without the female voters! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

llotter
08-21-2012, 04:22 PM
the pro-life people are mostly women.

Soflasnapper
08-21-2012, 05:49 PM
I am surprised to learn of that, if it is so.

Still, I imagine that they may be pro-life, and still want some of the standard exceptions-- for rape, incest, or the life of the mother.

I believe the GOP platform has been against those three exceptions, which is to say, in favor of no exceptions, since roughly 1980 or before. I think one of the issues with Akin is that he is making this more widely known among the people, and it is not popular.

Even Priebus, the RNC chair, has tweeted 'well that's the GOP PARTY platform-- it's not ROMNEY/RYAN's platform.'

Problem: it is Ryan's long-standing position. And Romney's stated fulsome support for a 'life begins at conception' amendment ("I'd sign it!!!") implies the same thing, as well as elimination of hormonal birth control.

If anyone could try to finesse all of this, it would be Romney, but he'll have others aggressively pointing out the contradictions in this environment.

Gayle in MD
08-21-2012, 08:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am surprised to learn of that, if it is so.

Still, I imagine that they may be pro-life, and still want some of the standard exceptions-- for rape, incest, or the life of the mother.

I believe the GOP platform has been against those three exceptions, which is to say, in favor of no exceptions, since roughly 1980 or before. I think one of the issues with Akin is that he is making this more widely known among the people, and it is not popular.

Even Priebus, the RNC chair, has tweeted 'well that's the GOP PARTY platform-- it's not ROMNEY/RYAN's platform.'

Problem: it is Ryan's long-standing position. And Romney's stated fulsome support for a 'life begins at conception' amendment ("I'd sign it!!!") implies the same thing, as well as elimination of hormonal birth control.

If anyone could try to finesse all of this, it would be Romney, but he'll have others aggressively pointing out the contradictions in this environment. </div></div>

I can't predict what this might mean in Missouri.

Don't know how strong the Evangelical nutjobs are in that state. Usually whenever a Republican does something terribly offensive, and insulting to Dems, women, Gays, African Americans, Lesbians, the poor, the M.C., you name it, the contributions start rolling in for the nutjob, but I do think it is very bad for the Romney Campaign. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Such a shame. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Fact is women, many of them, are going to take a closer look at this issue, thanks to Mitts stupid choice for VP! And when they do, they will realize that the Republican Party is actually in lock step with these Ryan/Akin misogynistic opinions, and when they do, it's not going to be good for the Romney/Ryan Campaign, at all!

As you stated, a lot of them don't even realize what Republicans are up to, and have been up to for decades, regarding women's rights!

I don't think most women realize how actively Republians have worked to destroy women's BASIC HUMAN rights, like using birth control for God's sake.

Forcible Rape and not forcible RAPE? This is all disgusting and totally absurd.

Additionally, at least fifty percent of the reported rapes, and many are never reported, are committed through some form of incest, an older male relative or father, or their single mother's boyfriend. Fifty percent! And Republicans are squabling about the definition of rape?

Couldn't better prove their antiquated views and opinions than that! And this guy Akins is on the Science Committee?

OMG!

Romney chose the very guy who has been right in the thick of all of the anti-women Republican Policies, right at the very center of all of it!

Hey, I wouldn't let this imbecile dock my boat, let alone run this country!

Additionally, seems there is a hurricane headed dead straight for Tampa, and while I certainly hope is fizzels out, I have loads of friends in St. Pete, and all over Florida, as well, but.... Ah hem,.... do ya think the Evangelicals would claim it was God's punishment for all of the Romney/Ryan lies if it happens to hit Tampa the very night of their little get together?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Just kidding!

Gayle in MD
08-21-2012, 08:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's great news! The republicans can't win without the female voters! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

Yep, overall it's good news, because it will remain out there when it is the last thing Romney wants to talk about, and you know how very testy King and Queen Romney become when asked to answer ANY QUESTIONS! Particularly about themselves! That's a No No! We People aren't allowed to know <span style='font-size: 14pt'>ANYTHING</span>!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Qtec
08-22-2012, 04:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the pro-life people are mostly women. </div></div>

TOTAL BS. Prove it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This morning, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is holding a hearing titled “Lines Crossed: Separation of Church and State. Has the Obama Administration Trampled on Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Conscience?” <span style='font-size: 14pt'>The topic, as you might guess, is the recent administration decision to mandate birth control coverage.</span>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>As you might not guess, the first panel of witnesses doesn’t include a single woman. The five-person, all-male panel consists of a Roman Catholic Bishop, a Lutheran Reverend, a rabbi and two professors.</span></div></div>

LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Democrats on the panel were told they were allowed only one witness. <span style='font-size: 26pt'>They selected a young female Georgetown student, Sandra Fluke, who was going to discuss the repercussions of losing contraceptive coverage. But Representative Darrell Issa, the chairman, rejected her as “not qualified.”</span>

When the hearing began this morning, the Democratic women on the committee walked out. Representative Elijah Cummings, the ranking Democrat, put out a statement blasting Issa:

It is inconceivable to me that you believe tomorrow’s hearing has no bearing on the reproductive rights of women. <span style='font-size: 26pt'>This Committee commits a massive injustice by trying to pretend that the views of millions of women across this country are meaningless, worthless, or irrelevant to this debate.</span> […]

Even if you fundamentally disagree with Ms. Fluke’s viewpoint on this matter, you should not be afraid to hear it. A hearing stacked with last-minute witnesses who offer no competing views only contributes to the perception that our Committee is fostering a circus-like atmosphere intended to further politicize this debate.
</div></div>

Your statement is TOTAL BS. Its only old WHITE RW Christians who want Govt to tell women what they can do with their own bodies.

Q

Gayle in MD
08-22-2012, 05:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am glad that he is staying in the race and if he wins w/o Republican help, I hope your changed to the Constitution Party or alternatively, the Libertarian. The Republican Senate Committee has vowed to withhold the planned $5 million from the MO race.

You shouldn't worry about the future of Planned Parenthood, there are plenty of liberals supporters, like yourself, who will gladly send them a check for all their good work they do. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am glad that he is staying in the race and if he wins w/o Republican help, I hope your changed to the Constitution Party or alternatively, the Libertarian. </div></div>

Huh? This sentence makes no sense to me????

Planned Parenthood needs all of the federal money they can get, and have had all along.

Religious interference has no place in the law, and no justification for interference of any kind, since Roe V. Wade, is Stare decisis SETTLED LAW.

As even you might guess, medical tests are expensive, even those medications and devices for women such as IUD and birth control pills, cost quite a chunk of change over the course of a year, particularly when they are poor single mothers, trying to feed their children, the costs can be very prohibitive.

Additionally, the Personhood Amendment includes criminalizing abortions, even for rape, or the woman's very life, or health, and as punishment for the doctor. This is absolutely outrageous!

Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, AND THE ENTIRE REPUBLICAN PARTY PLATFORM have approved criminalizing abortion, even for a woman who is tryng to save her own life, or in the case of having become pregnant through rape, and estends to the doctor.

Religious requests to abstain from or refuse providing medical assistance, or pharmaceutical prescriptions, based on religious beliefs, should also be illegal.

As the President stated, MEN have no business in this discussion. The very fact that Republican MEN, and/or religious MEN, are addressing it in ANY way, is absolutely outrageous, against the constitution, and smacks of Taliban style misogyny and unconstitutional oppression.

Those interferences should be completely against the law, since the United States is NOT a theocracy. Any legal or medical interference in a womans health, or abortion decisions, should be against the law.

If anything should be criminalized, it should be any interference by MEN, endeavoring in ANY way, shape or form, to presume to force ANY voice at all, EVER, in the matter of women, their decisions to abort, their birth control methods, or anything else about her personal, private life and decisions.

I support generally accepted medical guidelines for limiting the 'Time' allowed for making the decision to abort. First trimester, fine, except in decisions to save her own life, or prevent fetal suffering, and a woman should have no time limits for aborting a fetus which has shown any sign during the pregnancy, of Downs, or any other kind of physical or mental disorder which presents later in the pregnancy, and certainly no criminalizing of her decision, EVER.

A woman's decision should ultimately be her own private decision, with no legal interference whatsoever, for her or for her doctor, when unseen complications present after the first trimester.

All decisions should remain private, between herself, and her personally chosen doctor, ONLY, but should always include medical involvement with her doctor, accept in emergency situations, in which case, no doctor or hospital should have ANY right to deny standard medical assistance for aborting, regardless of religious based objections in which case the objector should be required and responsible to call in another doctor to perform energency abortions.

Additionally you are completely wrong in your misstatement that women are the majority in criminalizing or denying a women's constitutional right to abortion in any of these circumstances.

G.

llotter
08-22-2012, 06:39 AM
I meant to say that I hope Akin stays in the race and if he wins without the help of the party, I hope he changes from Republican to The Constitution Party or maybe the Libertarian.

Gayle in MD
08-22-2012, 06:45 AM
He does not respect The Constitution.

Additionally, he is against Liberty, except for rapists and religious nutjobs.

G.

Soflasnapper
08-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Your statement is TOTAL BS. Its only old WHITE RW Christians who want Govt to tell women what they can do with their own bodies.

There may be more men than women in this category, but there may not be. It might be almost equally split between them, and I would guess there is a chance more women are in this than men.

Why? Because in most groups, there are more women than men, because there are more women than men in life, in any broad enough category.

So, as to RCs, evangelicals, Southern Baptists, people living in the South, and etc., prolly all those groups have in common that they are pro-life AND that they have more women in them than men.

Now the other fact is that 75% of people favor exceptions to the ban on abortion to allow exceptions for rape and incest cases, which not only includes women, but must, by the numbers, include a lot of Republicans.

Gayle in MD
08-22-2012, 08:50 AM
What is it about religious people, and The Repiglican Party that they do not get about MYOB?

llotter
08-22-2012, 08:57 AM
I know that the pro-life movement is mostly women because I have attend many events, some on the DC Mall, and women out-numbered men by 2 to 1 at the very least.

Soflasnapper
08-22-2012, 09:20 AM
There is no pluralism in dogmatism, and rather, the opposite.

Gayle in MD
08-22-2012, 10:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no pluralism in dogmatism,</div></div>

Yes, there never is in any organized religion.

Gayle in MD
08-22-2012, 10:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know that the pro-life movement is mostly women because I have attend many events, some on the DC Mall, and women out-numbered men by 2 to 1 at the very least. </div></div>

That has nothing to do with the FACT that it is MEN who are behind all of the demonizing and denying of rights.

The fact that women who have been indoctrinated in religious absurdity were more likely to show up, also is a false accounting, since there are more women in that category who are Stay-At-Home, work from home, individuals, able to control their schedules.

Additionally, polling data proves that women are against the Republican policies which seek to dictate and deny women their Consititonal rights, on every level.

And also, there are plenty of religious women who don't ever go to these demonstarations, who are against men restricting their rights, who would not be likely to reveal their true feelings on the issue, to anyone, except in the privacy of the voting booth, and when answering polls.

Have you seen the numbers in disapprovable for Republicans, VS. Democrats, by the way?

It's quite clear Republicans do not come out on top, as the prefered party in congress, nor on social issues....

President Obama still leads on the gut check level issues.

President Obama leads by a huge margin with women voters, as well!

G.

Qtec
08-23-2012, 01:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There may be more men than women in this category, but there may not be. It might be almost equally split between them, and I would guess there is a chance more women are in this than men. </div></div>

Granted, that could be true, but what D said was,
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's great news! The republicans can't win without the female voters!</div></div>

Meaning all female voters, not just half of a small minority.

Q

Gayle in MD
08-23-2012, 10:57 AM
President Obama on Representative Akin:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the interesting thing here is that this is an individual who sites on the House Committee on Science and Technology but somehow missed science class. And it's representative of the desire to go backwards instead of forwards and fight fights that we thought were settled 20 or 30 years ago. </div></div>

More like a hundred years ago!

Republicans are extremist Knuckle Dragging Neanderthals on every single issue of personal freedom, constitutionally insured equal rights, climate change, evolution, education, you name it! <span style='font-size: 14pt'>They ARE the past!</span>

G.