View Full Version : Kucinich Defeated in Primary

Grapenut
08-23-2012, 03:42 PM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/kucinich-loses-primary_633282.html

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad77/mdmeeks1010/denniskucinich.jpg

Nut

eg8r
08-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Could not have happened to a bigger loser.

eg8r

LWW
08-23-2012, 05:51 PM
I know DK, and even though I disagree with him on almost everything ... I believe him to be a man of conscience doing what he believes to be the correct and best thing on the issues.

That is an exceedingly rare trait among politicans.

Soflasnapper
08-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Is there some credible reason to post this over five months past its shelf date?

He had to contest <span style='font-size: 14pt'>another incumbent well-regarded progressive Democratic House member</span>, Marcy Kaptur, after his old district was re-districted.

And of course, he is not gone, exactly, yet. He continues to serve until Jan 20 next year or so.

eg8r
08-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Is there any reason to not still be happy 5 months down the road. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

LWW
08-24-2012, 04:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there any reason to not still be happy 5 months down the road. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Yes ... a moonbat crazy leftist with integrity will possibly be replaced by a moonbat crazy leftist with little integrity.

Soflasnapper
08-24-2012, 09:31 AM
It hardly rises to the level of something for which the monthly anniversaries are commemorated. Those are more properly sappy romantic anniversaries. I don't recall any glorious 5 month memorials to the 2010 GOP House takeback, which is far more momentous.

Especially as the 'gone' message is still over 5 months premature now, 11 months roughly premature then.

Qtec
08-24-2012, 11:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could not have happened to a bigger loser.

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Through his various governmental positions and campaigns, Kucinich has attracted attention for consistently delivering "the strongest liberal" perspective.[2] This perspective has been shown by his actions, such as <span style='font-size: 20pt'>bringing articles of impeachment against <u>President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney,</u> and being the only Democratic candidate in the 2008 election to have voted against invading Iraq,</span>[3] </div></div>

The only guy in DC to call out Bush and Rove for the liars they were and you call him a loser.
The only guy in DC with the balls to do the right thing EVEN if it made him unpopular and you call him a loser.

Q

eg8r
08-24-2012, 11:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It hardly rises to the level of something for which the monthly anniversaries are commemorated.</div></div>Have you seen this thread posted every month for 5 months?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
08-24-2012, 02:24 PM
No, not that I've noticed anyway.

Hardly a point in question, though, as the FIVE MONTH ANNIVERSARY carries no inherent timing by itself, unless as part of a monthly anniversary commemoration. 6 months maybe, 12 months definitely might, but I don't know of any 5 month mark that is typically noted, UNLESS EVERY MONTH IS.

hondo
08-24-2012, 10:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there any reason to not still be happy 5 months down the road. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Yes ... a moonbat crazy leftist will possibly be replaced by a moonbat crazy leftist . </div></div>

" I know DK, and even though I disagree with him on almost everything ... I believe him to be a man of conscience doing what he believes to be the correct and best thing on the issues.

That is an exceedingly rare trait among politicans."

Posts like that make me glad I'm not your friend, to be honest.

LWW
08-25-2012, 07:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there any reason to not still be happy 5 months down the road. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Yes ... a moonbat crazy leftist will possibly be replaced by a moonbat crazy leftist . </div></div>

" I know DK, and even though I disagree with him on almost everything ... I believe him to be a man of conscience doing what he believes to be the correct and best thing on the issues.

That is an exceedingly rare trait among politicans."

Posts like that make me glad I'm not your friend, to be honest. </div></div>

And there we have it ... yet another leftist admits to having zero tolerance of opposing viewpoints, not that there was much doubt.

Soflasnapper
08-25-2012, 09:52 AM
I had been meaning to compliment your kind words concerning DK. Although you've said it before and it's not new, it is a rare thing to see you admitting the personal integrity of someone from the other side, and I think that's a healthy sign.

It's the OTHER characterization of him that is sad. You admit he's a man of integrity, doing his best by his convictions, and still slander him as a moonbat crazy leftist.

You had it almost right with 'even though I disagree with him on almost everything,' had it been left there.

You don't respect him enough to restrain yourself from hurling the dismissive language about someone who should not be respected, if they are moonbat crazy.

Hence the mixed reviews.

Soflasnapper
08-25-2012, 10:32 AM
THIS JUST IN!!!

McCAIN LOSES NATIONAL ELECTION! TO A JUNIOR SENATOR FROM ILLINOIS!!!

(Further details as they become available. We should have the name of the winner this afternoon.) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

hondo
08-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Sorry if I disappointed you. I simply was pointing out that in one post you were saying that you knew him personally and he was a fine, honorable man and in another post you were calling him a moonbat crazy.
Not sure what you thinks this "proves" about me. TBH, I have a lot of trouble following your train of thought. It may be that I'm just dense but I notice several others are having the same problem. Perhaps you're simply posting without carefully reading what you are responding to. I know Eg is very bad about that.

hondo
08-25-2012, 11:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had been meaning to compliment your kind words concerning DK. Although you've said it before and it's not new, it is a rare thing to see you admitting the personal integrity of someone from the other side, and I think that's a healthy sign.

It's the OTHER characterization of him that is sad. You admit he's a man of integrity, doing his best by his convictions, and still slander him as a moonbat crazy leftist.

You had it almost right with 'even though I disagree with him on almost everything,' had it been left there.

You don't respect him enough to restrain yourself from hurling the dismissive language about someone who should not be respected, if they are moonbat crazy.

Hence the mixed reviews. </div></div>

Thank you. That was what I was trying to say to him.
His bizarre response about that proving something about me
made me wonder about his state of mind. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
08-25-2012, 11:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry if I disappointed you. I simply was pointing out that in one post you were saying that you knew him personally and he was a fine, honorable man and in another post you were calling him a moonbat crazy.
Not sure what you thinks this "proves" about me. TBH, I have a lot of trouble following your train of thought. It may be that I'm just dense but I notice several others are having the same problem. Perhaps you're simply posting without carefully reading what you are responding to. I know Eg is very bad about that. </div></div> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Internet trolls are known to change the subject by dragging up unrelated subjects in order to instigate arguments. Their intent if to frustrate others who wish to debate, and if they can irritate them enough to make them finally lash back enough to get banned from the site, then they have achieved their ultimate goal. </div></div>

hondo
08-25-2012, 11:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry if I disappointed you. I simply was pointing out that in one post you were saying that you knew him personally and he was a fine, honorable man and in another post you were calling him a moonbat crazy.
Not sure what you thinks this "proves" about me. TBH, I have a lot of trouble following your train of thought. It may be that I'm just dense but I notice several others are having the same problem. Perhaps you're simply posting without carefully reading what you are responding to. I know Eg is very bad about that. </div></div> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Internet trolls are known to change the subject by dragging up unrelated subjects in order to instigate arguments. Their intent if to frustrate others who wish to debate, and if they can irritate them enough to make them finally lash back enough to get banned from the site, then they have achieved their ultimate goal. </div></div> </div></div>

I feel that I am doing a much better job of controlling my emotions lately, not easy for an Irishman.
Several bring me up constantly on AZ. Larry Wilson, Yugo, and Lamas get pretty nasty. To his credit, Sev usually does not.
I've been tempted to respond but I know that's what they are waiting for.
I did find it interesting that Lamas brought up johnny d. a few times. I've always figured that he was a creation of the AZ klan designed simply to mess with me. I still figure that he was Larry Wilson but he could have been any of them. It really isn't important.