PDA

View Full Version : ĎI Donít Think Women Even Know What Rape Isí

DiabloViejo
08-23-2012, 05:22 PM
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Idaho Republican: ĎI Donít Think Women Even Know What Rape Isí</span>
August 23, 2012
By Michael Hayne
AddictingInfo.org (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/08/23/idaho-republican-i-dont-think-women-even-know-what-rape-is/)

http://www.changingworld.com/catalog/images/ZA-GOP.jpg

Weíre now a week into forcible rape-gate and the issue of Republican <s>mullahs</s> males totally alienating all female voters is in full swing. Rep. Akin really got the ball rolling when he very publicly articulated that the Republican establishmentís attitude toward rape is just slightly ahead of the Taliban but behind Saudi Arabia, but now it seems that the flood gates have been opened and the inane clown posse is serving all the bat shit with a side of pink slime it can to its ignorant base. Letís face it, here: Republicans are to science and anatomy what bowling is to athletes.

The latest pretend human being and closet sociopath to weigh in on forcible rape-gate is Idaho Republican Chuck Winder. Much like every single Republican state rep, Winder is ignoring that boring recession thingy and devoting tax-payer dollars to implementing virulently anti-woman legislation. For example, Winder is the sponsor of his stateís ďDouble Ultrasound Bill,Ē which requires women to have an ultrasound before they can access any abortion services. Now this lovely Adonis is curious as to whether those silly gals even know what getting thrown to the ground and sexually violated means.

ďRape and incest was used as a reason to oppose this. I would hope that when a woman goes in to a physician with a rape issue, that physician will indeed ask her about perhaps her marriage, was this pregnancy caused by normal relations in a marriage or was it truly caused by a rape. I assume thatís part of the counseling that goes on.Ē

Having to define rape to these stupid man-children is like trying to explain why putting your hand on a burning stove may not be such a good idea. But rape is when you decide to penetrate someone without their permission, which is pretty unambiguous and self-explanatory. Believe it or not, itís really not like parking in somebody elseís parking space without consulting with them. But stay classy and thoughtful, GOP!

Should Republican efforts to redefine rape really shock us? After all, they have been raping the American electorate without their consent for the past 12 years. Only now it appears to their official party platform (http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/376377/20120822/republican-platform-2012-conservative-modern-history.htm) .

Gayle in MD
08-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Deserves Repeating:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the things people always say to you if you get upset is, donít take it personally, but listen hard to whatís going on and, please, I beg you, take it personally. Understand: every attack on Hillary Clinton for not knowing her place is an attack on you. Underneath almost all those attacks are the words: get back, get back to where you once belonged. When Elizabeth Dole pretends that she isnít serious about her career, that is an attack on you. The acquittal of O.J. Simpson is an attack on you. Any move to limit abortion rights is an attack on you ó whether or not you believe in abortion. The fact that Clarence Thomas is sitting on the Supreme Court today is an attack on you.

</div></div>
Nora Ephron,
1996 Commencement Address
Wellesley (Women's) College

http://new.wellesley.edu/events/commencementarchives/1996commencement

eg8r
08-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Oh thank goodness this woman is no longer around to spout BS like this anymore.

eg8r

Qtec
08-24-2012, 01:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Rep. Akin really got the ball rolling when he very publicly articulated that <span style='font-size: 14pt'>the Republican establishmentís attitude toward rape is just slightly ahead of the Taliban but behind Saudi Arabia,</span> </div></div>

Nothing to say on the topic?

Q

Gayle in MD
08-24-2012, 03:13 AM
I am organizing a militia to enforce a GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO remedy to educate Republican men about what is legitimate rape.

Please send this informtaion on to your women friends, or sign up here to order your stun guns....and, ah hem, other equipment.

G.

eg8r
08-24-2012, 07:12 AM
Talk to gayle for mentioning lunatic quotes. I am responding to her.

eg8r

Sid_Vicious
08-24-2012, 09:39 AM
I will surely get my butt in a crack with some friends with this, but I can not totally discount some of this logic over "legitimate rape." I totally detest Republicans by understandable nature, but I don't really believe that this guy saying what he did was entirely without a factual medical basis.

We could go on for eons discussing females toying with males sexuality and emotions, answering "no" strategically, and then they(female) may very well move to play their next chess piece in search to get to the King piece.

I'm sorry but rape is not cut and dried. All ladies are NOT all ladies. This guy's apology sounded a lot more genuine than most any apology I've heard from any other Republican. Seems to me we lefties me be guilty of feasting on some ill worked phrases, and snapping like venonous snakes at this dude, for our own needs for needing to feel right. JM2C...sid

Gayle in MD
08-24-2012, 10:07 AM
There is no logic. The facts prove otherwise. They are documented. No woman has the capacity to control her bodily hormonal, physiological reproductive functions and "Turn them off" while she is being raped. Do you realize that that is what this pig has stated, and tried to write into our laws?

No man has any right to tell women what she can and cannot do with her own body, nor dictate to her which from of birth control she is allowed to use, according to his religious beliefs, or any other kind of sicko belief.

Doesn't sound to me as though you have made a thorough study of this entire abusive and outrageous, decades old Republican War On Women, nor of the Republican Party's history regarding women's rights.

I do not believe you would write such an offensive post. I am literally in shock! I have to trust that if you were fully aware and informed about this man's statements, and of how Republicans have abused and discredited women, nor to what degree they are legislating to discredit women with language such as he has used, over and over, against abused woman and children who have been raped, and even sought to dictate, force them and even jail them if they abort a fetus, even in order to save their own life, I must trust that you would never write such a statement.

Additionally, all women should not be abused, slandered, murdered and jailed, just because some women are not to your liking!

When a woman is raped, she is examined by a GYN, and the nature of the examination is absolutely accurate as far as determining whether or not a rape has occured. The woman is usualy so bruised and beaten, she often must be sedated and given pain medication, before the examinaion can even take place.

Your statements are absolutely outrageous, and in some ways even worse than those already stated by this Republican misgynistic pig!

I cannot even believe that you could ever write such an offensive, out of touch, and completely uninformed statement! That surely isn't the Martin I have known, who is speaking.

The only explanation I can think of is that you have not bothered to throughly study the history of what this man stands for, and what he has already disgustingly endeavored to do to remove the most important and basic rights of all women, in order to satisfy his sick ideas based upon sicko religious dogma, and his own gross misogyny!

G.

Sid_Vicious
08-24-2012, 10:46 AM
When it comes to animal(we are animals)physiology, who can definitively disagree that the body can't prohibit conception? Nothing. It isn't any kind of a stretch of my imagination to believe that there are indeed graduated levels of definitions of rape. If the the pregnancy rate for violent rape fits here, it can likely be found in animal husandry studies.

No, I have to disagree with you. Nothing is cut and dried, especially rape. Thank you for remaining partially objective(sarcasm). sid

Gayle in MD
08-24-2012, 11:04 AM
No, we aren't animals, we are human beings.

FYI, over 32,000 women are impregnated by their rapists every year. Those figures are from 1992, and I have no doubt they have gone way up since then.

These numbers are confirmed by the American Medical Association, and have been reported in their Journal, by GYN's who examined the victims after they were raped.

Rape is a crime of violence. And you are quite wrong. Rape is rape, and no means no.

Forcible Rape, is the distinction this idiot uses for his language in the Bills he has put forward, and co-sponsored with Paul Ryan, two disgusting PIGS! There is no other kind of rape, than forcible rape.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ďRape and incest was used as a reason to oppose this. I would hope that when a woman goes in to a physician with a rape issue, that physician will indeed ask her about perhaps her marriage, was this pregnancy caused by normal relations in a marriage or was it truly caused by a rape. I assume thatís part of the counseling that goes on.Ē

</div></div>

Your statements regarding this issue match the gross ingorance of his statement. When a woman is raped against her will, the evidence is obvious, that is if she lives long enough to even get to a doctor, and isn't murdered by the rapist.

I suggest you seek out and study the pictures of rape victims, which are available in several medical journals, and then tell me if you agree with his statement... 'I Don't Think That A Woman Even Knows What Rape Is'

At least one third of the women who are raped, are so psychically and mentally traumatized, they never report it.
They are too devastated by the vicious event, to manage to even get to a doctor, and go through an examination.

Their first most pressing impulse is often to get to a shower and wash the filth from the pig who raped her off and out of her body.

Imagine a POS Republican MAN, forcing her to leave the rapists fetus inside her, and bring it to term.

Scientific forensic studies and the statistics of Medical studies, are not irrelevant functions of ones imagination.

Your statements only prove you have not studied this issue at all.

Additionally, women aren't animals, they are human beings, and sex in the animal kingdom is a ridiculous comparison!

You are defending a man who would deny a pre-teen or teenaged child, who was raped by her sicko abusive father, from aborting the fetus, in fact, that is what his policy is, to force all women who have been raped and impregnated to bring the rapists' fetus to term.

Language such as forcible Rape, and Legitimate Rape, is pure misogynistic language.

I am wondering if you even read this article thoroughly, but regardless, if you read that title, and then wrote what you have written here, well, let me just say, I cannot imagine that you could have read it, and then written what you have written.

As for objectivity, I am not the one who isn't being objective. That would definitely, as far as this discussion goes, be you.

G.

Soflasnapper
08-24-2012, 02:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will surely get my butt in a crack with some friends with this, but I can not totally discount some of this logic over "legitimate rape." I totally detest Republicans by understandable nature, but I don't really believe that this guy saying what he did was entirely without a factual medical basis.

We could go on for eons discussing females toying with males sexuality and emotions, answering "no" strategically, and then they(female) may very well move to play their next chess piece in search to get to the King piece.

I'm sorry but rape is not cut and dried. All ladies are NOT all ladies. This guy's apology sounded a lot more genuine than most any apology I've heard from any other Republican. Seems to me we lefties me be guilty of feasting on some ill worked phrases, and snapping like venonous snakes at this dude, for our own needs for needing to feel right. JM2C...sid </div></div>

The issue is hardly his incorrect medical explanation.

The issue is regardless of the nature of the rape, he does not believe any rape should occasion an exception to the ban on abortion.

That is so much out of the mainstream that both Coulter and Hannity ran from it like the devil from holy water, Coulter claiming at high volume, shouting, that ALL REPUBLICANS!! support a rape exception for the abortion ban. Always have, always will, she lied.

Except their platform has taken the opposite position since 1976, without variance, AND the current VP nominee, highly praised as among the greatest of Republicans in Congress, also has taken the opposite position for all his 14 years in the House, and all his votes on this subject.