PDA

View Full Version : Whose The Best Player in Your Area?

Eric.
10-07-2002, 02:20 PM
O.K., I know this can cover alot of ground, so let's just say who is playing best right now.

In NY/NJ:

Pro male- Tony Robles/Mika Imonenenenen
honorable mention-Frankie Hernandez,
Pro female- Jean Balukas
honorable mention-Gerda Hoffstater
Amateur male- Steve Lipsky

Amateur female- the CCB girls

Roadie- Danny Basavich

Eric >the opinions expressed are not those of Billiard Digests, all material is copyrighted, cross on the green/not in between

bluewolf
10-07-2002, 02:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Eric.:</font><hr> O.K., I know this can cover alot of ground, so let's just say who is playing best right now.
<hr></blockquote>

i am new so dont know all the good players but ww voted Danny Green as best male. I voted for amanda as best woman.ww says there is another amanda named amanda paige in this area who is super so guess in women,its a battle of the amanda's for the dc metro area.

bw

10-07-2002, 02:30 PM
The best player right now in the tri-state area is Ronnie Alcano.

nAz
10-07-2002, 06:01 PM
Anony from what i hear ill secound that

DEADSTOKE32
10-07-2002, 06:33 PM
LENNY &amp; RICHIE 2 BROTHERS .LENNY PLAY'S 1 BALL UNDER TONY WATSON.. COME GET SOME

Tom_In_Cincy
10-07-2002, 06:40 PM
Well, if you count a 100 mile radius..

Cory Deuel, Troy Frank, Dee Adkins and John Brumback

cueball1950
10-07-2002, 08:18 PM
Lets see.... it would have to be MIke Zuglan.. Ryan McCreech just moved not to long ago. They are about the only 2....now you know why action in Albany NY is dead and long buried.........................................mik e

10-07-2002, 08:39 PM
Brian Groce nuff said

PQQLK9
10-07-2002, 08:52 PM
Allison

10-07-2002, 11:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nAz:</font><hr> Anony from what i hear ill secound that <hr></blockquote>

Ronnie's the real deal. Even Ginky Sansouci won't touch him unless there's a spot. None of the tri-state pro's can take him easilly. BTW, this kid is of Reyes and Busta calibre. Ronnie just need more time to adjust here in the US.

Cueless Joey
10-07-2002, 11:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: nAz:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Anony from what i hear ill secound that &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Ronnie's the real deal. Even Ginky Sansouci won't touch him unless there's a spot. None of the tri-state pro's can take him easilly. BTW, this kid is of Reyes and Busta calibre. Ronnie just need more time to adjust here in the US. <hr></blockquote>
Ginky wants a spot? Jeesh, he always walked around like he's the best.

10-07-2002, 11:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cueless Joey:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Anonymous:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; &amp;lt;blockquote&amp;gt;&amp;lt;font class="small"&amp;gt;Quote: nAz:&amp;lt;/font&amp;gt;&amp;lt;hr&amp;gt; Anony from what i hear ill secound that &amp;lt;hr&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/blockquote&amp;gt;

Ronnie's the real deal. Even Ginky Sansouci won't touch him unless there's a spot. None of the tri-state pro's can take him easilly. BTW, this kid is of Reyes and Busta calibre. Ronnie just need more time to adjust here in the US. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
Ginky wants a spot? Jeesh, he always walked around like he's the best. <hr></blockquote>

Oh YES, joey! he will not play Ronnie even. Even the Russian kid Stalev, stays away from him.

nAz
10-08-2002, 12:00 AM
wow that good huh? stalev too wants a spot?
speaking of that Stalev i hear he was in PA. last week playing for cash (what else) anyone know if this was true and how he made out?

Tommy_Davidson
10-08-2002, 12:43 AM
&gt; In my immediate (10-20 miles) area,other than myself there really isn't another serious player other than Tony "Fargo" Ferguson,perhaps the best bank pool player in the world. If you venture towards Nashville,there is Jonathan Hennessee,who plays about the 8 under Amar Kang and Tony Watson,Bobby Pickle,who won the BCA Amateur tournament earlier this year,Billy Young,and several others about the same speed. Memphis has about 8-10 players who play about the same speed as the Nashville crew. Eric Durbin,who plays better than all these guys was living in Cape Girardeau,Mo a few months ago,but was last seen in Nashville. My area is probably the most barren place in America for a pool player,seeing as how it's a 2 hour drive to play on a 9 ft Gold Crown with Simonis. Other than an occasional straggler,there are no World Class players anywhere around here,and there hasn't been since Buddy moved to Florida. Tommy D.

Cueless Joey
10-08-2002, 01:11 AM
I didn't know Alcano is that good. I know he won the Rising Star tournament in the Philippines 2 yrs ago.
If Stalev is scared of him, I am sold.

10-08-2002, 07:09 AM
dave matlock is shooting out of poplar bluff mo.he might give fargo a run

10-08-2002, 11:35 AM
Why I am of course! But then again, that depends on how I define the word "area" (my immediate vicinity). /webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif

Cuemage
10-08-2002, 05:27 PM
Triad/Research Triangle/Charlotte Area NC:

Best male: Earl Strickland
Honorable mention: Mike Coltrain
Pro female: Allison Fisher
Honorable mention: Kelly Oyama
Amateur Male: Shannon Finch, Leroy Bryant, Adam Staton, BJ Usery, Derrick Coleman, Ron Park, 1/2 dozen sharks in Charlotte
Amateur Female: nobody of real skill that I know
Roadie: Tony Watson, Shannon Bryant

10-08-2002, 05:31 PM
i think justin case is the best player in the Hong Kong area.

10-09-2002, 12:43 AM
Victor Castro, Shane MoneyOnly, Louis Ulrich

10-09-2002, 02:39 PM
On any given day in any order: Vanover, Wiley, Lane, Griffus, Coy Lee, TJ, Guernsey, Emerson, Sulsar and about 40 more trheir speed. randyg...DFW, Texas

10-09-2002, 09:01 PM
Buddy Hall, I'm in Tampa.

10-10-2002, 01:04 AM
mika is better than tony. jean? she doesn't even play anymore.

nmshooter
10-10-2002, 02:49 AM
I saw it on a tshirt once....

"I'm the best pool player in the country, but I'm not so good in the city."

For real though, I have no idea who is tops in my area. I just moved here not too long ago and really am not into the loop yet. Kansas City, KS

Brent
10-10-2002, 03:25 AM
Bah...the best pool player around me is prolly the Estonian Champion:)

10-10-2002, 01:53 PM
Probably Luis Viera. As far as girls are concerned, there are several: Jeannie Seaver, Debbie Schodt, Courtney Borge. They're from Central Florida.

Kato
10-10-2002, 02:00 PM
Well that's that. And Courtney wants me to come to Orlando so she can "play" with me. I see now putting her in those names that it would be more like me come to Orlando so she can "pound" me into the slate. Thanks Courtney. E-mail me, we'll talk.

Kato

10-10-2002, 04:23 PM
Hey Cueless Joey,

In your opinion who are the top five in the L.A. area? I remember Tang Hoa dominating the scene but that was 6-8 years ago. Any new young talent up and coming? Seems like the heavy hitters who called LA home are gone now. Is Hard Times still the stepping stone to the big leagues or has Shooters in Riverside taken over that spot. Your buddy who collects cues, are his initials RS? Thanks for any info you can give.

Voodoo Daddy
10-11-2002, 01:44 AM
On second thought, lets not...HAHAHAHAHAHA

Cueless Joey
10-11-2002, 01:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Hey Cueless Joey,

In your opinion who are the top five in the L.A. area? I remember Tang Hoa dominating the scene but that was 6-8 years ago. Any new young talent up and coming? Seems like the heavy hitters who called LA home are gone now. Is Hard Times still the stepping stone to the big leagues or has Shooters in Riverside taken over that spot. Your buddy who collects cues, are his initials RS? Thanks for any info you can give. <hr></blockquote>
I guess you know RS too. :-)
I know of another collector too and might get to check his extensive collection.
Tang is nowhere to be found. Plays poker now and last I heard he played some in Florida with Williams, his buddy.
Best young player now here has to be Sean Manaole from S.D.
Morro and Parica are still here. But there aren't that much action here anymore. Shooters does get a ton of action. Twice a year, it really gets heavy there. Hard Times action has slowed down quite a bit. It's not like back in the 95-97 when Efren hung out there often and brought a ton of action.
Weekends at Shooters are packed with action.

MikeM
10-11-2002, 10:26 AM
What about Earl?

MM..."Chawlk it up Erl!!!"

10-13-2002, 07:11 AM
In the San Francisco area there are a few good ones.Some are travelling.I see their
names occasionally.Amar Kang,Bryce Avila are two.We have George Michaels here (oboy).
Kim Davenport lives within 100 miles.Rafael Martinez comes around pretty regular.I'm
sure there's a lots more but I don't get around so much anymore.