PDA

View Full Version : Rush Relays this Twitter Story

llotter
08-24-2012, 11:45 AM
more than 2/3 twitter's 18.8 million followers of The Moron are non-existent. Apparently people can purchase twitter friends but they aren't real.

eg8r
08-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Who cares? It is no stretch of the imagination to think more than one person might have more than one twitter account. I don't exactly remember hearing Obama bragging about the number of people following him on twitter.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
08-24-2012, 02:21 PM
As is typical, this is a defensive claim, because Romney's twitter accounts are a) so much smaller, but more importantly, b) grew by some six-figure number recently for no apparent reason and are ALL entirely fictitious.

That is, Rush SHOULD have mentioned the Romney twitter story, to then pivot to the Obama story as a riposte. My guess is he did not.

(Making no assumptions as to whether Obama faked this-- maybe that is so-- but generally, I do assume some of his critics, like this one in particular, have an 80%+ chance of lying about anything they say.)

A story about ROMNEY's Twitter fraud:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Forget ballot box irregularities. There’s a virtual dust-up under way over how Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney amassed more than 100,000 new Twitter followers in just one weekend.

It may seem trivial, but not to social networking junkies or campaigns mindful of the need to project a digital image of popularity and power.

An analysis by the technology firm Barracuda Labs found most of the Twitter users who followed Romney over that July weekend were probably fake, although it’s impossible to know who’s behind the spike: Romney’s campaign, a supporter or an opponent. Romney went from 673,000 to 814,000 followers during that time, though that number has since risen to more than 861,000. President Barack Obama has more than 18 million followers.

Zac Moffatt, digital director for Romney’s campaign, said the campaign did not purchase the followers and the number is not something they care about.</div></div>

CBS Boston (http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/08/17/fake-twitter-followers-the-newest-campaign-scandal/)

llotter
08-24-2012, 05:57 PM
It was typical of CBS not to mention that 7o% of The Moron's followers were fraudulent.

The intent of the thread was to illustrate that the Left lies as a way of life, form small to big.

Soflasnapper
08-24-2012, 08:13 PM
although it’s impossible to know who’s behind the spike: Romney’s campaign, a supporter or an opponent.

Zac Moffatt, digital director for Romney’s campaign, said the campaign did not purchase the followers and the number is not something they care about.

It's probably also impossible to know who's behind Obama's twitter following number, for the same reason.

But unless Obama is touting his twitter followership (as I know some do as a matter of pride and one-upsmanship over others), and/or attacking Romney's alleged twitter follower buying, this is a pitiful attack line against Obama. Not even a hypocrisy angle? Please.

I understand, in the face of the prospects that if this guy Obama isn't already buried in the polls by 20%, and in fact, still leads in many, it is desperation time, and time to unpack that kitchen sink approach.

I suggest you concentrate on the Priebus line of attack, about how the 2002 vote of Obama shows how he loves the so-called partial birth abortion, or something.

That, at least, can offend a lot of people. This one, not so much. It's about as much a spit ball as the (probably true) claim that Clinton cheated at his golf scores. NOT A PRESIDENTIAL LEVEL ISSUE.

LWW
08-25-2012, 07:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who cares? It is no stretch of the imagination to think more than one person might have more than one twitter account. I don't exactly remember hearing Obama bragging about the number of people following him on twitter.

eg8r </div></div>

I DO. (http://mashable.com/2012/03/06/obama-twitter-followers-ansari/)

Soflasnapper
08-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Nice catch there.

As you surely looked into it some to find that one, are there any others?

I mean, if he's done this more than once, you'd know, right?

And apparently, doing the math, even presuming the 70% fake figure, he'd still be correct, even presuming that guy I've never seen before only has completely legit numbers himself.