PDA

View Full Version : "Some people say..."

DiabloViejo
08-26-2012, 12:06 PM
If you ever want to use an argument that has no basis in reality and is horribly short-sighted, simply follow the example set by Fox News. They make "reporting" on the "news" look "worthwhile." At least, that's what "some people say". This video shows how Fox News uses the phrase 'some people say' to insert unsourced opinion into news briefs.

http://youtu.be/NYA9ufivbDw

Gayle in MD
08-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Fox is a total joke!

One might just as well do a google search for Republlican Propaganda!

LWW
08-26-2012, 12:53 PM
SOME PEOPLE SAY NEIL YOUNG WAS THE FIRST MAN ON THE MOON! (http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2012/08/nbc-news-mistakenly-reports-death-astronaut-neil-young/56203/)

Soflasnapper
08-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Fox would not be well advised to put their record of alleged typos up against any other news organization.

It got so bad that their top executives had to announce a zero tolerance policy, and they STILL screw up the chyron scroll with regularity.

From depicting Republicans in legal or ethical trouble with (D)s behind their name to show they were Democrats, to relocating Egypt to Iraq in an on-air map graphic, there is a very long list of Fox screwups that make it a unique champion in this regard. THEY'RE #1!!! THEY'RE #1!!!

And, as we know, after failing to gain a waiver or reversal from Canada as to lying over their broadcasts, Fox declined to open operations up there. Not typos, lies.

So to some degree, you may have a point. Fox doesn't so much screw things up in typos, but provably always makes such mistakes on one side as a deliberate propaganda machine. But we knew that.

Qtec
08-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Reid should have said, "some people say Mitt Romney didn't pay any taxes for 10 years".

Q

DiabloViejo
08-26-2012, 07:08 PM
They deceive,right wingers believe. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/0c/f6/0cf6655a510d7efb7c97c95e137b4882.png

LWW
08-27-2012, 04:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox would not be well advised to put their record of alleged typos up against any other news organization.

It got so bad that their top executives had to announce a zero tolerance policy, and they STILL screw up the chyron scroll with regularity.

From depicting Republicans in legal or ethical trouble with (D)s behind their name to show they were Democrats, to relocating Egypt to Iraq in an on-air map graphic, there is a very long list of Fox screwups that make it a unique champion in this regard. THEY'RE #1!!! THEY'RE #1!!!

And, as we know, after failing to gain a waiver or reversal from Canada as to lying over their broadcasts, Fox declined to open operations up there. Not typos, lies.

So to some degree, you may have a point. Fox doesn't so much screw things up in typos, but provably always makes such mistakes on one side as a deliberate propaganda machine. But we knew that. </div></div>

Then how do you explain Fox News being carried on ten of the top eleven cable providers in Canada?

What's that?

It was put on the spoon for you so you didn't question it?

Imagine that?

Soflasnapper
08-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Are you foolish, or toolish? Not always obvious which one in any given case.

Open operations up there = buy broadcast stations up there, as they have in the US. It was a BROADCAST station here in Florida that fought, and won, the ruling for Fox that lack of truth was no bar for a broadcast to be pulled.

Had Fox bought or started up a Canadian company that BROADCAST in Canada from Canada, they would be subject to the Canadian law. Just as when Fox BROADCASTS (over the air) here, they are subject to the FCC. When Fox NEWS is on cable, not broadcast, they are not subject to the FCC, nor have a license at risk for violating FCC regs. Same loophole for what they do now in Canada.

LWW
08-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Yet you said Fox News wasn't in Canada?

Soflasnapper
08-27-2012, 12:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet you said Fox News wasn't in Canada? </div></div>

An inaccurate paraphrase. I thought you said you read?

Fox declined to open operations up there, is the quote. Really. Look it up.

And clearly, what goes up THERE now COMES FROM DOWN HERE, instead of FROM THERE, as Fox had been planning. Really. Look it up.

LWW
08-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Dance some more for me.

Soflasnapper
08-27-2012, 01:33 PM
"Dance [...]," he 'argues.'

So substantive a rejoinder!

Let's say HBO wanted to go into the broadcast television business to provide its movie and other content over the airwaves, in addition to the cable model.

They find out they cannot run many of their movies uncut, because of FCC regs. So they stop that pursuit of broadcast stations.

You'd then argue they had no problem with the FCC decency regs, because they are seen throughout cabeldom, in fact with 8 different HBO channels! Victory for your claims? Or changing the subject and begging the question?

LWW
08-27-2012, 01:42 PM
WTF are you talking about son?

Have you been hanging out back between the still and the outhouse with hondo, or drinking swampwater with the queen?

Soflasnapper
08-27-2012, 02:40 PM
GREAT COMEBACK!

Wow, what can top that one???

Sure, Fox selling their cable offerings from the US up into Canadian markets is exactly the same as their buying up stations and BROADCASTING those same shows over the Canadian airwaves.

What POSSIBLE difference might there be in those two things? Other than that their rules don't apply to cable offerings, I mean.

hondo
08-27-2012, 08:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF are you talking about son?

Have you been hanging out back between the still and the outhouse with hondo, or drinking swampwater with the queen? </div></div>

More personal attacks. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Gayle in MD
08-27-2012, 09:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF are you talking about son?

Have you been hanging out back between the still and the outhouse with hondo, or drinking swampwater with the queen? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Gayle and LWW, we all now completely understand that you two don't like each other. No real need to keep belaboring the point.

My suggestion now is to ignore each other.

Any posts from either of you pointing at the other one will result in an immediate (and very long) ban.

Admin
</span> </span> </div></div>

hondo
08-28-2012, 03:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF are you talking about son?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Gayle and LWW, we all now completely understand that you two don't like each other. No real need to keep belaboring the point.

My suggestion now is to ignore each other.

Any posts from either of you pointing at the other one will result in an immediate (and very long) ban.

Admin
</span> </span> </div></div> </div></div>

Obviously, that message was just to you and Larry Wilson can say anything without fear of reprisal.

LWW
08-29-2012, 03:24 AM
Back on the cross I see ...

hondo
08-29-2012, 05:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back on the cross I see ... </div></div>

Feel free to resort to all your old, tired insults. I have decided that I will not return them.
As for my comment, it is true. Despite the mod's "warning"
to both you and Gayle, it is obvious that you have been given a pass and that the warning was actually just to her.
She simply posts his PM to her every time you ignore Wilson's "warning"
and , as you can see, that has been many, many times.
I was simply agreeing with her.

I have not directed any insults to you on here in some time and yet you continue, on here and AZ. Yes, I read the slurs and slams you post on AZ. I am allowed to do that, right?

The Cross slam really gets old, Larry. I wish you would come up with a new script writer.

Soflasnapper
08-29-2012, 09:57 AM
????

I find the cross comment new and fresh!!!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif