PDA

View Full Version : Will Corey Win the Open back to back?

Brady_Behrman
03-04-2002, 09:29 AM
Corey?????

I think we will have a NEW winner this year at the U.S.Open. What do you'll think?

Kato
03-04-2002, 09:33 AM
Are you going to be using the Sardo gizmo thingy? If yes, Cory has to be a favorite. If no, I'll take my favorite players, Cory Duel or Johnny A.

Kato~~~~~maybe Bustamante.

Brady_Behrman
03-04-2002, 09:46 AM
Bustamante...Good Choice...

NO SARDO AT THIS YEARS OPEN!

Kato
03-04-2002, 09:55 AM
Sweet, I think we're all in agreement that the Sardo thingy pretty much sucks.

Kato~~~needs LOTS of weight to play in the Open.

Troy
03-04-2002, 10:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Brady_Behrman:</font><hr>
NO SARDO AT THIS YEARS OPEN! <hr></blockquote>

No SARDINE GIZMO at the Open..... Congratulations Brady !!!
Pool players rejoice. That thing is an abomination.

Troy

Rich R.
03-04-2002, 12:08 PM
Brady, please don't take this as a slam, it is not meant as one, but I think the question has to be asked.
Did you and your father decide not to use the Sardo racks in the open or did the Sardo brothers withdraw their sponsorship money because of your father's legal problems?
Rich R.~~~I have no ax to grind, just curious.

03-04-2002, 12:33 PM
Mr. Curious:
I think they would never withdraw, its about the money. They are making good money off this piece of $hit from any promotion they can get, what about the US open with it's history? PLEASE! I'm sure his legal problems will be resolved anyway.
BR in NC

03-04-2002, 01:06 PM
I agree about the Sardo but that's not what turned the Open into a half table tournament, the credit for that goes to spotting the NINE on the spot.All the Sardo did was to speed up the play. And NO(THE SARDO DOES NOT FREEZE ALL THE BALLS) I believe the players were told not to keep checking the rack because it would not be good publicity for the Sardo.

Rich R.
03-04-2002, 01:07 PM
I don't think the Sardo brothers are making a lot of money from their racks. I have yet to see one in a local pool room and I do not think many people are spending $100 plus to put one in their home. The Sardo's have actively promoted their racks at major tournaments in the past. That is why I had to ask my question. Rich R.

03-04-2002, 01:07 PM
I know that Corey has a lot of the guys numbers and has beaten all of them, but you have to watch for these guys. Some have tasted victory in Chesapeake before and want it again. Efren has done well so far this year. He might go for his second Open win. If Earl gets out of the slump he's in, #6 could be there.Archer is doing well and Bustamante is far overdue. These are my picks.

JMD

Brady_Behrman
03-04-2002, 02:26 PM
Why would they pull out?
My fathers legal madness would certainly have nothing to do with them being a sponsor.
I am sure that if prompted that they would love to have the Open...

We decided not to use the rack this year...

The Sardo Brothers are GREAT guys with a Good product. We just felt that we would elimiate the headache..I have since found a new GREAT standard wood rack, Danny Veghs.

Thanks,
Brady

03-04-2002, 02:54 PM
Will he get a full check?

Brady_Behrman
03-04-2002, 03:20 PM
Will you have a real name?

What a Shmuck!

Thanks,
BRADY

Rich R.
03-04-2002, 04:21 PM
I meant no offense Brady, but I know sponsors have been known to get shakey when a company, or in this case a promoter, has legal problems. As I said, it was just a question I had to ask. I now consider it answered. Thank you. Rich R.