PDA

View Full Version : GOP boos PR at convention! Chants "USA! USA!"

DiabloViejo
08-28-2012, 11:49 PM
<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style="color: #000099">But of course they're not bigots! The 'cabal' must have made them act like assholes. Being the dumb ass semi literate homeschooled beasts that they are, I guess they forgot that Puerto Ricans are US citizens.</span></span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>GOP boos Puerto Rico at convention! Chants "USA! USA!"</span>
TUE AUG 28, 2012 AT 07:24 PM PDT
DailyKos.com (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/08/28/1125315/-GOP-boos-Puerto-Rico-at-convention-Chants-USA-USA)

Short post, but it doesn't take much to uncover racism.

What the hell is going on down there? First there's word of food being thrown at a member of the media, then there's this piece in Harpers. Apparently the delegates booed the Puerto Rican speaker. Why? Because she has an accent I guess.

None of us could quite believe what we were seeing: A sea of twentysomething bowties and cowboy hats morphing into frat bros apparently shrieking over (or at) a Latina.

http://www.harpers.org/archive/2012/08/hbc-90008805

VIDEO: http://youtu.be/vr5kMguEqi8

LWW
08-29-2012, 03:47 AM
PR enjoys citizenship and all it's benefits ... yet refuses to pay their fair share.

How can you support this?

LWW
08-29-2012, 03:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Short post, but it doesn't take much to uncover racism.</div></div>

Racism?

Against whom?

Are you contending that Puerto Rican is a race?

I agree the reaction of some there was unacceptable, but your typical dembt fallback bleat of ...

[size:26pt]R-R-RAAAAY -CISSSSUM!</span>

does nothing but blind peope to actual racism when it happens.

Anyone who wouldn't denounce Bobby Byrd has right to even mention this instance ... unless their goal was to troll.

eg8r
08-29-2012, 07:22 AM
LOL...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Being the dumb ass semi literate homeschooled beasts that they are</div></div>Apparently diablow was speaking from his vast experience as the ring leader of this group.

eg8r

Qtec
08-29-2012, 07:30 AM
Shameful to say the least.

You reap what you sow, in this case, hate.

Just shows what an ugly bunch they are. Dumb MTFK,S think THEY own the country.

This is a clear sign that Romney and the RW media are succeeding with their "divide and conquer" message.

Q

eg8r
08-29-2012, 09:01 AM
You are a dreamer. People boo a PR at a convention and you blame Romney? What are you smoking?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
08-29-2012, 11:11 AM
That's true. Romney knows the owners of Puerto Rico first hand, in fact!

llotter
08-29-2012, 12:10 PM
This is shameful editing of the event by the Left...just more lies as usual.

DiabloViejo
08-29-2012, 12:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PR enjoys citizenship and all it's benefits ... yet refuses to pay their fair share.

How can you support this? </div></div>

So when a Republican delegate from Puerto Rico speaks at the convention, they don't have a right to do so without being subjected to bigotry because PR is not a state? BTW, the Puerto Rican branch of the GOP is the ironically named PNP (Partido Nuevo Progresista or "New Progressive Party"), and it is the pro statehood party. So why boo a fellow Republican, pro-statehood delegate? What other reasons could there be other than ignorance, stupidiy, and bigotry? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Now, you can try and spin, spin, spin, your way around this. And you can bring all your Alinsky inspired tricks. But the fact remains that the story was given and is being given lots of play in the Latino media and it isn't going to help you win any points among Latinos.

You dumbasses seem to have a problem keeping your feet out of your mouths! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

DiabloViejo
08-29-2012, 12:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Short post, but it doesn't take much to uncover racism.</div></div>

Racism?

Against whom?

I agree the reaction of some there was unacceptable, but your typical dembt fallback bleat of ...

Anyone who wouldn't denounce Bobby Byrd has right to even mention this instance ... unless their goal was to troll. </div></div>

One definition of race is: A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race. So yes, under that definition, Puerto Rican is a "race", even though Puerto Ricans can be white, black, mestizo, asian, whatever.

BTW, screw Bobby Byrd and the little red horse you brought him in on. That's just an Alinskyite tactic to throw the thread off. It may work with dolts like all four of you right wingers left on this board, but it sure won't work with the rest of us.

BTW when did you become an expert on Latino issues? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

DiabloViejo
08-29-2012, 01:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is shameful editing of the event by the Left...just more lies as usual. </div></div>

Right...it's always something with you guys. Maybe it's the same fairy dust which lets you believe that Jesus would approve of a cowardly terrorist murdering someone in cold blood. Let me ask you point blank, you claim to be a Christian, yet murder is ok, it's OK to say 'screw the poor and hungry' I don't want to pay a dime a day to feed them, and you would rather that people die rather than get medical care...is that what Jesus would do? I think we both know the answer and I think we both know you're a hypocrite. Keep on going brother, hell has plenty of room for the likes of you.

Sid_Vicious
08-29-2012, 01:40 PM
A very good post Man! sid

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is shameful editing of the event by the Left...just more lies as usual. </div></div>

Right...it's always something with you guys. Maybe it's the same fairy dust which lets you believe that Jesus would approve of a cowardly terrorist murdering someone in cold blood. Let me ask you point blank, you claim to be a Christian, yet murder is ok, it's OK to say 'screw the poor and hungry' I don't want to pay a dime a day to feed them, and you would rather that people die rather than get medical care...is that what Jesus would do? I think we both know the answer and I think we both know you're a hypocrite. Keep on going brother, hell has plenty of room for the likes of you. </div></div>

eg8r
08-29-2012, 02:22 PM
How on earth could you consider his lies to be a good post. No one on this board has ever said they don't want to pay a dime to feed the poor or that we would rather someone die than get medical attention. diablow is an idiot that made that up and you just accept what he says without even questioning it? Give me a break. I think when that guy knocked you out at the bar he messed you up more than you originally thought.

eg8r

llotter
08-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Typical Left; one lies and the other swears to it. Nice going guys, one makes a series of stupid statements and the other congratulates him on his brilliance. In the race to the bottom, you are both running neck'n'neck.

DiabloViejo
08-29-2012, 02:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How on earth could you consider his lies to be a good post. No one on this board has ever said they don't want to pay a dime to feed the poor or that we would rather someone die than get medical attention. diablow is an idiot that made that up and you just accept what he says without even questioning it? Give me a break. I think when that guy knocked you out at the bar he messed you up more than you originally thought.

eg8r </div></div>

Lies?

Doesn't lloter sport a tagline praising a convicted murderer and domestic terrorist as an "American Hero"? Is that a lie?

As to feeding the poor, haven't you guys called for drastic cutbacks and an end to programs like Food Stamps, School Lunches, and Meals on Wheels? (Even though these nutrition assistance programs cost the average taxpayer about one dime per day)? Is that a lie?

And haven't you guys called repeatedly for an end to Obamacare, even though it means that people would die because they could not afford insurance, or could be denied insurance due to pre-existing conditions? Haven't you guys also called for drastic cuts to Medicaid and Medicare and shouldering more of the burden on poor mostly old sick folks? Is that a lie?

Methinks thou doth protest too much. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

hondo
08-29-2012, 02:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PR enjoys citizenship and all it's benefits ... yet refuses to pay their fair share.

How can you support this? </div></div>

"its" is a possessive pronoun. "It's" is a contraction for "it is."
Not meaning to give you a hard time but you make that mistake often and I thought I would point it out.

Your friend, Hondo ( who , BTW, never said he was WV Teacher of the Year.) That's your spin. In 30 years of teaching I was County Teacher of the Year once and was nominated one other time. I believe it was for creativity, raising their state test scores considerably, and working hard, and I wasn't deducted for typos on a pool forum. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

DiabloViejo
08-29-2012, 03:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Typical Left; one lies and the other swears to it. Nice going guys, one makes a series of stupid statements and the other congratulates him on his brilliance. In the race to the bottom, you are both running neck'n'neck. </div></div>

I can always count on the likes of you to say something stupid and then keep talking about it. You can't help it, you have foot in mouth disease...it's quite common among your ilk.

http://wildomarmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/foot-in-mouth2.jpeg

hondo
08-29-2012, 03:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Short post, but it doesn't take much to uncover racism.</div></div>

Racism?

Against whom?

Anyone who wouldn't denounce Bobby Byrd has right to even mention this instance ... unless their goal was to troll. </div></div>

Calm down, Larry. I believe you are mistaking Fats for Hondo.
And just to clear the air, would you like me to denounce Byrd for being in the Klan 60 years ago? Okay. I absolutely do.
Also, I always felt Byrd was a DINO and never voted for him until he stood up to Bush and the attack on the Constitution and the excesses of the Patriot Act.
In later years he realized the folly of his Klan years and apologized repeatedly. As a Christian I forgave him, an aspect of Christianity you conveniently ignore.
Larry, you have brought this up literally hundreds of times on here and AZ along with the martyr, Cross, corn likker, trailer trash, lousy teacher, ex-con, doper and on and on.
I have quit making personal attacks on you and I wish you would try to do the same. Or at least come up with some new lines.
It's the same old thing, over and over. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but i wish someone would try. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
08-29-2012, 04:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doesn't lloter sport a tagline praising a convicted murderer and domestic terrorist as an "American Hero"? Is that a lie?</div></div>I don't think I can dumb it down to your level. Seriously, I refuse to resort to cartoons which seem to be all your brain can handle. I never said anything about his tagline which I have spoken out against multiple times on this board. What I did point out are the idiotic statements you make about feeding the poor and providing medicine for the sick. If you are going to make stupid claims I will call you stupid. Don't expect any more or less.

As far as cuts to food stamps and whatever else your little mind could come up with they are all baseless and previously shot down also. Cuts to a program do not have to impact the final person down the line. As mentioned plenty of times in the past a 10% cut across the board will not remove food from kids lunches, will not remove a single food stamp from being provided to those that need them. Cuts can be done without impacting the bottom line but then again since this was not provided in a picture your brain cannot comprehend it.

Yes a call to end Obamacare has been mentioned here. However that same call to end Obamacare is absolutely NOT a call to let those that need help die. I just don't have the desire to spell everything out for you and I certainly will not lower myself to your level and look for cartoons. This has been talked about ad naseum on this board and not one single time has anyone on this board said that if a person needed the medical attention or they would die then they should just die if they cannot afford it. These are lies that you continue to say but no matter how many times you say them they will continue to be just that, lies.

eg8r

hondo
08-29-2012, 05:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doesn't lloter sport a tagline praising a convicted murderer and domestic terrorist as an "American Hero"? Is that a lie?</div></div>I don't think I can dumb it down to your level. Seriously, I refuse to resort to cartoons which seem to be all your brain can handle.

I just don't have the desire to spell everything out for you and I certainly will not lower myself to your level and look for cartoons.

eg8r </div></div>

Official "Obama is a Joke", thread

I assume you feel the same way about Sev and his cartoons which have run for months. Correct?

Gayle in MD
08-30-2012, 01:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How on earth could you consider his lies to be a good post. No one on this board has ever said they don't want to pay a dime to feed the poor or that we would rather someone die than get medical attention. diablow is an idiot that made that up and you just accept what he says without even questioning it? Give me a break. I think when that guy knocked you out at the bar he messed you up more than you originally thought.

eg8r </div></div>

Lies?

Doesn't lloter sport a tagline praising a convicted murderer and domestic terrorist as an "American Hero"? Is that a lie?

As to feeding the poor, haven't you guys called for drastic cutbacks and an end to programs like Food Stamps, School Lunches, and Meals on Wheels? (Even though these nutrition assistance programs cost the average taxpayer about one dime per day)? Is that a lie?

And haven't you guys called repeatedly for an end to Obamacare, even though it means that people would die because they could not afford insurance, or could be denied insurance due to pre-existing conditions? Haven't you guys also called for drastic cuts to Medicaid and Medicare and shouldering more of the burden on poor mostly old sick folks? Is that a lie?

Methinks thou doth protest too much. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

You're absolutely correct, my friend.

All of the Republican policies are designed to take from the 99% to increase tax cuts for the 1%, and spend more on Defense Contracts for their war profiteering no bid cronies.

If We don't keep Republicans out of office, all will be spent on un-necessary wars, tax cuts and loopholes for the wealthy, and more subsidies for polluting energy pigs which have continued to make record breaking profits.

G.

DiabloViejo
08-30-2012, 01:54 AM
<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style='font-size: 11pt'><span style="color: #000099">Daily Kos may lean left but when it is wrong it admits it. And as for myself, when I'm wrong I'm willing to admit it too, I was wrong and I apologize. </span></span></span>

TUE AUG 28, 2012 AT 09:09 PM PDT
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Puerto Rico NOT booed at Republican convention</span>
Daily Kos (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/08/29/1125337/-Puerto-Rico-NOT-booed-at-Republican-convention)

A shouting match erupted on the floor of the Republican National Convention on Tuesday afternoon as Chairman Reince Priebus called for a vote to unseat several Ron Paul delegates.
Loud cries of “Boo” and” Seat them now” filled the convention floor as repeated calls to contest a credentials committee report fell on deaf ears after it passed by a voice vote. A majority of the delegates from six states were required to call for a roll call vote on the credentials report, submitting their intent to do so in writing in advance. Despite Maine the delegates’ claims, no such support came from their colleagues from other states.

The boos disrupted the speech of Puerto Rico National Committeewoman Zori Fonalledas, who was set to announce the nomination of Speaker of the House John Boehner as permanent convention chairman.

Despite the shitstorm stirred up by a mistaken writer at Harpers, the RNC delegates did not boo Zori Fonalledas. They did not boo her accent (they were already chanting before she began speaking.) They did not boo Puerto Rico. Their chant of "Kick them out" was not referring to Puerto Ricans.

It's a shame that the story of the undemocratic process the Republicans used to squash dissent has been overshadowed by the 100% bogus claim that the RNC delegates booed Puerto Rico.

The fracas had nothing to do with Puerto Rico. The next speaker would have been disrupted and delayed no matter who she was. She just happened to be from Puerto Rico.

Got it?

7:54 AM PT UPDATE: Obviously this topic hits a nerve. In order to get the context of this diary, it's best to read the Harpers article first, then the buzzfeed article.

What I don't mean to suggest is that there is no racism in the GOP. The incident was portrayed on Daily Kos and in other outlets as "GOP boos Puerto Rico at convention", which is not what happened. A speaker from Puerto Rico was interrupted (it appears to me she never really began) by delegates upset that their requests for a point of order were being ignored as they expressed displeasure at an underhanded vote that had just taken place.

I cannot say one way or the other whether any of the delegates harbor any racist attitudes toward Puerto Ricans, or whether any of them decided the best way to delay the proceedings was to attack the speaker using racist language or implied slurs. I just haven't seen that in the videos. There is speculation that one person was yelling something about "foreigners." If so, it's reprehensible, but that is not "The GOP" booing Puerto Rico.

We have plenty of material to write about regarding the racist and sexist policies and behavior of many Republicans. It hurts our credibility to make a video into something it isn't.

Thank you to Armando and others for making me really take another look at this. I respect their opinions but I don't feel my diary is inaccurate.

Qtec
08-30-2012, 02:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How on earth could you consider his lies to be a good post. No one on this board has ever said they don't want to pay a dime to feed the poor or that we would rather someone die than get medical attention. diablow is an idiot that made that up

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CNN’s Wolf Blitzer posed this question to Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul: “A healthy young, 30-year-old man has a good job, makes a good living but decides, ‘You know what? I’m not going to spend $200 or $300 a month on health insurance because I’m healthy, I don’t need it.’ But something terrible happens, all the sudden he needs it. What’s going to happen if he goes into a coma? Who pays for that?”

“What he should do is whatever he wants to do,” Paul replied. “That’s what freedom is all about, taking your own risks. This whole idea that you have to prepare to take care of everybody…”

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>“Are you saying society should just let him die?” Blitzer asked.

The audience responded with shouts of “Yes!”</span> </div></div>

He didn't make it up.

Q... video (http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/09/tea-party-audience-cheers-letting-the-uninsured-die/)

Qtec
08-30-2012, 04:10 AM
The guy should be fired on the spot. He heard booing and came to a conclusion WITHOUT doing any investigation as to the facts.
The DK is more to blame. They showed a cropped video, taken out of context, that seemed to back up the claim but it was totally misleading!

Its ironic that the GOP convention is based on the same tactic.

If Obama was like Mitt, he would be running that cropped video 24/7......

Q

eg8r
08-30-2012, 08:49 AM
LOL, wow, the two of you are really fighting to see which one is the biggest idiot on the board.

eg8r

eg8r
08-30-2012, 08:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Daily Kos may lean left but when it is wrong it admits it. And as for myself, when I'm wrong I'm willing to admit it too, I was wrong and I apologize. </div></div>Thanks. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
08-30-2012, 08:55 AM
I have never even opened that thread after the very first couple posts. If he does it my opinion would be he is trying to dumb it down so diablow can follow along.

eg8r