PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Shows its Racist Side.

Sev
08-29-2012, 07:30 AM
I guess it was just bad timing. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<span style="color: #000000">

http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/28/msnbc-abandons-gop-convention-during-every-speech-by-a-minority/
August 29, 2012
<span style='font-size: 23pt'>MSNBC abandons GOP convention during every speech by a minority
</span>
http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/MSNBC-300x182.jpg
One of the leftís favorite attacks on the Republican Party is that it is the party of old white people, devoid of diversity and probably racist.

If you were watching MSNBCís coverage of the Republican National Convention in Tampa on Tuesday night, you might believe those assertions, since missing from the coverage was nearly every ethnic minority that spoke during Tuesdayís festivities.

In lieu of airing speeches from former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis, a black American; Mia Love, a black candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives from Utah; and Texas senatorial hopeful Ted Cruz, a Latino American, MSNBC opted to show commentary anchored by Rachel Maddow from Rev. Al Sharpton, Ed Schultz, Chris Matthews, Chris Hayes and Steve Schmidt.

Throughout this convention, Matthews has accused the Republicans of playing dog-whistle racist politics while on scene in Tampa. It isnít clear, however, if Matthews will hurl accusations of racism at Davis, Love or Cruz for speeches his network failed to broadcast.</span>

Qtec
08-29-2012, 08:16 AM
link (http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/matthews-let-me-finish-tonight-with-what-to-watch-for/17yyywdbh?cpkey=e7c56598-2cfb-43a4-bb6c-7b634ec2c238||||)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Throughout this convention,</div></div>

How long has this convention been going on? A week? A month?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Matthews has accused the Republicans of playing dog-whistle racist politics while on scene in Tampa. It isnít clear, however, if Matthews will hurl accusations of racism at Davis, Love or Cruz for speeches his network failed to broadcast. </div></div>

WTF is Davis, Love or Cruz? Why would anyone want to listen to their crap?
They sent out Anne Romney's crap.!!!! What more do you want.?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the leftís favorite attacks on the Republican Party is that it is the party of old white people, devoid of diversity and probably racist. </div></div>

If the GOP is the party of diversity,[ LMAO] , why were they booing?

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Did you notice how many black faces were on the floor? </span>

spot the black guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr5kMguEqi8&feature=youtu.be)

I did not see a single one.

Lets make this a game, find ONE black guy in the video. Security guards don't count.

Q

eg8r
08-29-2012, 09:11 AM
Did anyone notice how large Christie is? Holy crap (guess I never noticed it that much). Why isn't his family talking to him and helping him bring that weight down. He looked like Ralphie May up there.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-29-2012, 09:27 AM
The producers decide how to lay out the program. Not the Commentators.

MSNBC has provided Mitt Romney with three hours of Pro Romney propaganda, and Obama Bashing, every morning for the past three years on the "Mourning" Joe program!

I've been telling you this for years! On "Mourning" Joe's program, NBC has served the Romney ticket for three years! Basially three hours of free campaign spots aired evvery morning, along with three hours of Obama bashing and lies, complimennts of MSNBC. Three hours with nothing but Republicans and closet Republicans, pretending to be independents or Democrats...from Tom Brokaw, Joe the nose, Scarborough, Willy, Mika, Barnacle Bill, Andrea Mitchell, David Gregory, Donny "Douche".... all Republicans.

The Liberals are on in the evening, yes, but NBC only puts them on as tokens, and when they become at all explosive over the obvious Republican lies and propaganda, NBC fires them, and they end up on Current TV, Al Gore's cable network station.

Who else works for NBC? Jenna Bush!

Which station has the most interviews with the Bush family? NBC!

Wake up friend. Who owns NBC? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

eg8r
08-29-2012, 09:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The producers decide how to lay out the program. Not the Commentators.</div></div>Why did they cut out all the ethnic minorities? Why do you ignore the subject of this thread and go on your normal gayle rant?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
08-29-2012, 11:24 AM
The typical coverage ALWAYS talks over the minor speakers, from my experience. Sometimes with a pic-in-pic showing that speaker, often not. Annoying at times, sure, but totally standard treatment until keynoters and other more prominently featured speakers later in the programming.

If you wanted to see the whole thing, maybe Fox didn't cut away, and certainly C-SPAN or whatever had it. Maybe even CNN.

Soflasnapper
08-29-2012, 11:43 AM
From Breitbart:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not one speech by a person of color was broadcast on MSNBC.

Not a single one.

Not even Artur Davis, and his speech was a very big deal.

Some media apologists are claiming Fox News also didnít air these speeches, but Fox did air Davis's speech.

And that's a distinction with a big difference. There is no excuse for not airing the Davis speech -- only a desperate political agenda.</div></div>

So, Fox also did not cover any of the black speakers, EXCEPT ONE, Mr. Davis. Why was that? Tokenism, in my view, not that he was black, only, and per se, but that he was an apostate erstwhile supporter of Obama's last cycle.

eg8r
08-29-2012, 01:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, Fox also did not cover any of the black speakers, EXCEPT ONE, Mr. Davis.</div></div>True to form the more you keep talking the deeper you get. So in saying Fox did the same thing you prove to us that Fox did not do the same thing. Thanks.

eg8r

hondo
08-29-2012, 02:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone notice how large Christie is? Holy crap (guess I never noticed it that much). Why isn't his family talking to him and helping him bring that weight down. He looked like Ralphie May up there.

eg8r </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I actually have kind've like Christie in some interviews. As you say, he needs to be concerned about his health.

hondo
08-29-2012, 02:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, Fox also did not cover any of the black speakers, EXCEPT ONE, Mr. Davis.</div></div>True to form the more you keep talking the deeper you get. So in saying Fox did the same thing you prove to us that Fox did not do the same thing. Thanks.

eg8r </div></div>

LOL! Yep, I thought that was a bit of a spin by Sofla also. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Soflasnapper
08-29-2012, 04:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, Fox also did not cover any of the black speakers, EXCEPT ONE, Mr. Davis.</div></div>True to form the more you keep talking the deeper you get. So in saying Fox did the same thing you prove to us that Fox did not do the same thing. Thanks.

eg8r </div></div>

The MORE I keep talking? You mean, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>within the very first sentence?</span> (see above)

You are in love with your tropes, even seeing them when they are not there.

I say it's an open question if 'the same thing' was done, when several black speakers were not shown in one case, and all but one were not shown in another. The same thing with but one exception is fairly close to the same thing.

Phrasing it differently, Fox ignored ALMOST ALL (just one exception), and MSNBC, ALL.

Whether you find this more the same thing, or I guess, ENTIRELY DIFFERENT (apparently), is spin.

Thinking a bit about it, one could argue that the only reason the one guy was covered by Fox was that he had been a promoter of Obama's at the last convention and had now changed sides, and same reason for MSNBC's not showing him, and nothing to do with his skin color. Because Fox didn't care to show off all the others of that skin color, just like MSNBC.