PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Convention Kick Off In History!

Gayle in MD
08-29-2012, 10:04 AM
I watched the whole thing, from beginning to end.

It was without a doubt the most disjointed, contradictroy, poorly planned and offensive Campaign Kickoff, I have ever seen.

The Republican Men were all actually advertising for their own plan of running for 2016, since they know Romney isn't going to win a damned thing, and that losing VP's are never elected at a later date, the only ones who could have been a plus refused to run as VP.

Christie was again offensive, a big, obese bully, who didn't come there to support Romney, and didn't even mention Romney until more than half way through his speech, in which he basically campaigned for himself, lying about his preformance in NJ< and bashing the president!

The IDIOT from South Carolina, Nikki Haley, also spent her speech campaigning for herself, and embroidering jer actual peformance as Governor, and taking credit for a few things that improved, thanks to President Obama's stimulus!

Santorum was his usual offensive, misogynistic, radical religious nutjob, also campaigning for himself.

Boehner proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, his racism, his offensive lies, and his bar thug mentality.

Republicans are still lyng about what the president said about buniess not being able to do much of what they do, without the government investments...etc., etc., which is absolutey true, but which Republicans continue to lie about.

I expect Boehner and Christie are both overdue for a stroke. Boehner has the face of a chronic alcoholic, and I don't even have to indicate what is wrong with Christie! One quick look tells the whole story!

Romney's wife was completely absurd. Her speech woud have been appropriate if Romney was running for the President of the studen Council in High School, but her general statements were pointless and too absurd for words.

No one in this country is going to buy her BS about struggling, and doing without good food, while they were in college!

Do they want us to think both of their millionaire fathers, were heartless! No child of mine would ever be without what they needed! Her statements were obvious lies, and were insulting to our intelligence. Her pretence of being a struggling newlywed, insulted all intelligent women.

The only thing she proved is that she has a penchant to order and dictate, and can lie even more easily than her Hubby, which showed up in her speech, at several points, demanding of the listener.... "YOU LISTEN TO ME"...(you people (!)one could hear under it all).... she proved that she truly believes that Women in America, are stupid! We know how your husband made his money, and there is no way out of it for either of you. So, don't be ridiculous, we're of in your club of lifelong elitism!

That big yell, "I love you women!" Really made me want to throw up! She doesn't even love or take decent care of her own animals!

Romney looked like his biggest fear was that his robot batteries might run out before the end of the night.

I basically laughed all the way through it!

A camera shot at the end of the evening revealed both Romney and Ann, sitting next to Condi Rice, all of them scowling over what they were hearing from Christie's big fat mouth! Christie scowled throughout his entire speech. Barking like the big bully mad dog that he is.

That man is so obese, that he has about a ten to twelve inch sway after each footstep!

It was all basically a wasted effort to humanize the inhumane, animal abusing, above you people, Romneys!

Total FAiL!

hondo
08-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Thanks, Gayle. A fair and impartial review of the first night.
I knew we could count on you.

Gayle in MD
08-29-2012, 04:54 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
I do my best for my friends. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

BTW, I was really going very easy on them. Edited several times before posting, LOL... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Their Obama bashing was really disgustng though! Boehner has gotten worse than ever! Bacially comparing the POTUS to bar scum! A disgraceful display, IMO.

G.

Gayle in MD
08-30-2012, 12:21 AM
Day Two was a demonstration on collective amnesia, interspersed
with one huge lie after another, and devoid of any acknowledgment of their own failed policies.

It was without a doubt a massive, collective Repubican liefest extraordinaire!

Stunning!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TAMPA, Fla. -- Paul Ryan pledged Wednesday that if he and his running mate Mitt Romney were elected president, they would usher in an ethic of responsibility. The Wisconsin congressman and GOP vice presidential candidate repeatedly chided President Barack Obama for blaming the jobs and housing crises on his predecessor, saying that his habit of "forever shifting blame to the last administration, is getting old. The man assumed office almost four years ago -– isn’t it about time he assumed responsibility?"

Ryan then noted that Obama, while campaigning for president, promised that a GM plant in Wisconsin would not shut down. "That plant didn’t last another year. It is locked up and empty to this day. And that’s how it is in so many towns today, where the recovery that was promised is nowhere in sight," Ryan said.

Except Obama didn't promise that. And the plant closed in December 2008 -- while George W. Bush was president.

It was just one of several striking and demonstrably misleading elements of Ryan's much-anticipated acceptance speech. And it comes just days after Romney pollster Neil Newhouse warned, defending the campaign's demonstrably false ads claiming Obama removed work requirements from welfare, "We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers."

Ryan, for his part, slammed the president for not supporting a deficit commission report without mentioning that he himself had voted against it, helping to kill it.

He also made a cornerstone of his argument the claim that Obama "funneled" $716 billion out of Medicare to pay for Obamacare. But he didn't mention that his own budget plan relies on those very same savings.

Ryan also put responsibility for Standard & Poor's downgrade of U.S. government debt at Obama's doorstep. But he didn't mention that S&P itself, in explaining its downgrade, referred to the debt ceiling standoff. That process of raising the debt ceiling was only politicized in the last Congress, driven by House Republicans, led in the charge by Paul Ryan.

The credit rater also said it worried that Republicans would never agree to tax increases. “We have changed our assumption on [revenue] because the majority of Republicans in Congress continue to resist any measure that would raise revenues,” S&P wrote.

Jodie Layton, a convention goer from Utah watching the Ryan speech, said she was blown away by the vice presidential candidate. But she said she was surprised to hear that after his speech about taking responsibility, he'd pinned a Bush-era plant closing on Obama.

"It closed in December 2008?" she asked, making sure she heard a HuffPost reporter's question right. After a long pause, she said, "It's happening a lot on both sides. It's to be expected."

Ryan has referenced the GM plant before, and his attack was debunked by the Detroit News, which called it inaccurate. "In fact, Obama made no such promise and the plant halted production in December 2008, when President George W. Bush was in office," Detroit News reporter David Sherpardson wrote earlier this month. "Obama did speak at the plant in February 2008, and suggested that a government partnership with automakers could keep the plant open, but made no promises as Ryan suggested."

After the speech, CNN's political commentators focused mostly on Ryan's misstatements, demonstrating the degree to which they were evident.

Top Obama adviser David Axelrod jumped on the GM factory claim. "Again, Ryan blames Obama for a GM plant that closed under Bush. But then, they did say they wouldn't 'let fact checkers get in the way.'"

Ryan, however, appears to have made the calculation that the misleading won't hurt him with voters. He might be right. CNN's David Gergen, while acknowledging some "misstatements" in Ryan's address, suggested that pundits focus elsewhere. "But let's not forget that this was a speech about big ideas," he told his audience.

</div></div>

Framing himself as a protector of SS and Medicare, is a laugh! This from a guy who only a year ago tried to end medicare, voted with Bush to do away with social security. Voted for every unfunded Bush spending Bill. Voted himself for the bailout, which he now denies. Was completely without courage to stand against massive Bush Administration's spending and borrowing.

Rice was nauseating. Her rhetoric was a joke, given she is speaking for the party which is trying to remove African Americans from the voting roles. A traitor to her own race.

This woman was instrumental in costing America her greatest foreign policy failure in history, The Iraq War. She made false statements that led to the death of hundreds of thousands of innocent people in Iraq. She has no conscience, none whatsoever!

A line up of a whole group of lying, disgusting, hypocritical PIGS! Their party's statement to not be held to account by any fact checkers, says it all! They will depend instead on the ignorance of their supporters, which, is it no wonder, they feel will be sufficient.

G.

eg8r
08-30-2012, 08:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and devoid of any acknowledgment of their own failed policies.</div></div>Since I have not really bothered to watch much of the coverage of this convention or any other during my lifetime, I was just wondering how often does the party (be it Dem or Rep) highlight their failed policies at this point in time? If it never happens is there any reason to complain now?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-30-2012, 11:41 PM
Up-date. Tonight was even worse than the other two nights.

Too many reasons to go into, but not only was it bad, it was weird! Very weird. Especially Eastwood. Feel bad for him in a way, he's eighty-two, but he really made a fool of himself. And degraded the office of the presidency.

Romney didn't measure up to anything close to a great Acceptance Speech. It was better than his usual presentation, but he ruined it with too much War Mongering talk, stupid statements he aimed at the president, partucularly about the rising water levels, making a joke out of the very threat that scores of scientists are warning us about, and laboring over right now, all over the world, annd tryng to prevent disasters or figure out how to deal with them, things like figuring out how to keep NY from going under, when next it is hit badly by a horrific tropicl storn, or hurricane, or several other events which could destroy it completely...hence, Romney really showed his gross ignorance on that one, and the worst, more race baiting, and reiterating the same old lies he's been telling for months.

Pretty disgusting all around.

Pathetic, actually.

G.

cushioncrawler
08-31-2012, 02:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rice was nauseating. Her rhetoric was a joke, given she is speaking for the party which is trying to remove African Americans from the voting roles. A traitor to her own race.

This woman was instrumental in costing America her greatest foreign policy failure in history, The Iraq War. She made false statements that led to the death of hundreds of thousands of innocent people in Iraq. She has no conscience, none whatsoever!G.</div></div> U KNOW, WHAT IRKED ME WOZ WHEN, U KNOW, SHE MENTIONED THE TWIN TOWERS. U KNOW, THE ONES THAT WENT DOWN KOZ SHE DIDNT DO HER JOB. U KNOW, THE ONES THAT KILLED 400 OF NEWYORKS FINEST.
AND WHEN SHE MENTIONED THE TWIN TOWERS, SHE MENTIONED THEM IN A KONTEXT THAT MADE OBAMA, U KNOW, LOOK BAD, WHILE, U KNOW, MAKING ROMNEY LOOK GOOD.

HOW KAN THE TWIN TOWERS BE MADE TO LOOK GOOD FOR ROMNEY OR ANYONE NOWADAYS, AND BAD FOR OBAMA OR ANYONE NOWADAYS. DO U KNOW. I DONT.
ON THE OTHER HAND I DO, I KNOW THAT THE TWIN TOWERS WILL FOREVER BE LINKED TO RICE AND THE DEATH OF 400 OF NY'S FINEST, NOT FORGETTING THE OTHER 1500.

AND NOW THAT RICE HAZ TASTED BLOOD, AND LIKES IT, RICE WANTS TO HAV A HAND IN BRINGING DOWN ALL OF NEW YORK.
MAC.

Qtec
08-31-2012, 04:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I watched the whole thing, from beginning to end.</div></div>

I hope you didn't throw up too much.

Q

Gayle in MD
08-31-2012, 04:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I watched the whole thing, from beginning to end.</div></div>

I hope you didn't throw up too much.

Q </div></div>

Actually Q., it did make me ill, it really did. I didn't throw up, but I felt sick and couldn't sleep all night. I haven't felt that angry since the day I watched the way Republicans treated the families of the 9/11 victims.

Took the whole day off today.

I'll fell much better tonight, when I watch Bill! He keeps my spirits up! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif