PDA

View Full Version : Shocking Fox radio convention coverage commentary

Soflasnapper
08-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Driving around a bit last night, I heard Fox Radio covering the convention. It was slightly astounding what I heard the commentators say.

Something to the effect of this, paraphrasing:

The Republicans' theme of 'we built this' is based on that well known sound byte from Obama. The Democrats say he was clearly referring to the national economic system and our freedom, and infrastructure necessary for commerce, and at most, made a grammatical error. The Republicans are happy to hammer away at it anyway.

This convention shows signs that this election has turned from trying to convince the undecideds, to a base turnout election. As such, nothing is too low a shot to go there (and on both sides). [end paraphrase]

So, shockingly, the Fox radio team (not typical on-air people I recognized) pointed out the mendacity of the GOP theme, and that they simply were willing to hammer away with the lie, and that as a base election, they were landing low blows, fouling, without a care. Then as if they knew they had to state it, adding in the rote 'both sides are doing it.' But only as they'd given away the GOP phony game.

Amazing. Fox radio has JOURNALISTS? Who knew?

hondo
08-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Now you've gone and done it. Larry and crew will be gloating about how fair and impartial Fox is next to the "Demokooks"
for the next six months now. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
08-29-2012, 04:58 PM
That is Amazing!

I actually don't think Rupert likes Romny.

G.

hondo
08-29-2012, 05:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is Amazing!

G. </div></div>

If I was Romney i would be concerned about what the Tea Party
might do to him.

Gayle in MD
08-30-2012, 12:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is Amazing!

G. </div></div>

If I was Romney I would be concerned about what the Tea Party
might do to him. </div></div>

Funny watching all of the Tea Party righties cheering for Ryan tonight. He has spent his entire adult working life in Government!

G.