PDA

View Full Version : Republican convention emphasizes diversity

Qtec
08-30-2012, 03:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As Republican convention emphasizes diversity, racial incidents intrude

AMPA — From the convention stage here, the Republican Party has tried to highlight its diversity, giving prime speaking slots to Latinos and blacks who have emphasized their party’s economic appeal to all Americans.

But they have delivered those speeches to a convention hall filled overwhelmingly with white faces, an awkward contrast that has been made more uncomfortable this week by a series of racial headaches that have intruded on the party’s efforts to project a new level of inclusiveness.

The tensions come amid a debate within the GOP on how best to lure new voters. The nation’s shifting demographics have caused some Republican leaders to worry not only about the party’s future but about winning in November, particularly in key swing states such as Virginia and Nevada.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>“The demographics race we’re losing badly,” said Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (S.C.).</span> <span style='font-size: 20pt'><span style="color: #990000">“We’re not generating enough<u> angry white guys</u> to stay in business for the long term.”</span></span>

On Tuesday, convention organizers ejected two attendees after they reportedly threw peanuts at a black CNN camerawoman and told her, “This is how we feed animals.” Organizers called the conduct “inexcusable and unacceptable.” </div></div>

link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-republican-convention-emphasizes-diversity-racial-incidents-intrude/2012/08/29/b9023a52-f1ec-11e1-892d-bc92fee603a7_story.html)

Q

Gayle in MD
08-30-2012, 07:02 AM
Undeniably Republicans are racist, homophobic, misogynists. The proof is in their voting records.

Rice was as disguting as Ryan. She supports a party which has spent the last year angling to supress the African American vote.

Her statements about rising up as an African American, were particularly disturbing, due to her approval of the party which uses Voter Suppression, as a main tactic by the Republican Party for throwing elections.

Her misty eyed reminicing of breaking through racism as a young black girl in the south, yet no acknowledgment of the fact that without Democrats, President Johnson, and President Kennedy, she'd still be standing outside that window, salivating over that hamburger she couldn't afford to buy, looking at a sign that reads, Whites ONLY!

After all of her lies on the stage, she was interviewed by Angela Mitchell, and continued to lie by denying the disastrous consequences of Bush's invasion and occupation of Iraq. Comdemned by five former secretaries of state, from both parties.

Republicans never take responsibility for their failures, lies, devastating consequences and law breaking.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Last night Rice said, "Ours has never been a narative of grievience and entitlement. We have never believed that I am doing poorly because you are doing well. We have never been jealous of one another and never envious of each other's successes</span>.

<span style="color: #990000"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>What a crock of BS! Who does she think she's kidding!

Never jealous? All except for when they lose elections, and then they turn into vicious mud slinging mad dogs, liars and pigs! I don't suppose she watched the Repiglican Primaries!

LMAO!

</span>
G.</span>

eg8r
08-30-2012, 09:00 AM
So what are your thoughts?

eg8r

Qtec
08-31-2012, 02:47 AM
I think I have made my thoughts on this clear.
Mitt has zero support from blacks and his immigration policy is not conducive to appealing to Latinos. His only hope is get the white vote and suppress the vote.

In your own state.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chart: Florida's voter-registration collapse

Republicans in Florida set out to make registering voters harder for this election. The new rules took effect last year, and the results are clear. Republicans are still reaching and registering new voters, if not quite as many. Democrats, as you can see on the chart above, are scarcely registering new voters at all.

In May, a federal court blocked enforcement of the law. The Florida Times-Union reports that June and July posted the highest numbers of new voters all year. </div></div>

Damage done.

link (http://m.static.newsvine.com/servista/imagesizer?file=laura-conaway4C7991F7-37D8-F8F4-D94C-37524D5BCE10.jpg&width=600)

Shocking, yes?

Q

eg8r
08-31-2012, 06:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I have made my thoughts on this clear.</div></div>Actually what you did was quote someone else's words and that was it. What are your thoughts on the article that you quoted. Was there something in it specifically that you wanted to discuss?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-31-2012, 04:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I have made my thoughts on this clear.
Mitt has zero support from blacks and his immigration policy is not conducive to appealing to Latinos. His only hope is get the white vote and suppress the vote.

In your own state.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chart: Florida's voter-registration collapse

Republicans in Florida set out to make registering voters harder for this election. The new rules took effect last year, and the results are clear. Republicans are still reaching and registering new voters, if not quite as many. Democrats, as you can see on the chart above, are scarcely registering new voters at all.

In May, a federal court blocked enforcement of the law. The Florida Times-Union reports that June and July posted the highest numbers of new voters all year. </div></div>

Damage done.

link (http://m.static.newsvine.com/servista/imagesizer?file=laura-conaway4C7991F7-37D8-F8F4-D94C-37524D5BCE10.jpg&width=600)

Shocking, yes?

Q </div></div>

See my new post! Obama wins, Romney loses, Ohio rules against the Republican Voter obstruction of African Americans in Ohio!

Also, another of Romney's vicious ies exposed in the process!