PDA

View Full Version : Fox Dumping Palin?

Gayle in MD
09-01-2012, 05:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Sarah Palin's Fox News Contract May Not Be Renewed: NY Mag
The Huffington Post | By Jack Mirkinson

Sarah Palin's outburst at Fox News on Wednesday is part of a protracted set of contract negotiations that could see the former vice-presidential nominee end her association with the network, New York's Gabriel Sherman reported Thursday.

Palin set the media world aflutter on Wednesday, when she wrote a Facebook post pointedly noting that Fox News had canceled all of her scheduled interviews for the day. Since both her former running mate, John McCain, and her sucessor as nominee, Paul Ryan, were speaking at the Republican National Convention on Wednesday night, it seemed like an odd choice.

She has been a Fox News contributor since 2010, reportedly earning a cool $1 million a year. But Sherman wrote that this may be coming to an end shortly, due to Palin's sinking ratings power.

"Palin's contract is up in January, and according to sources, Fox News executives are now weighing what kind of deal they would sign, if they sign one at all," he reported.

If Palin and Fox News were to divorce, it would not come as a total shock. Reports about the souring of Palin's relationship with Fox News CEO Roger Ailes have been in the media for a long time.

Sometimes the two have jabbed at each other in public, as when Ailes said that he only hired Palin because she was "hot and got ratings," or when he told an audience that she "had no chance to be president."

More often, though, stories of bitter feuding have leaked out usually in the form of a story by Sherman, the preeminent peeker behind closed Fox News doors. He has reported, for instance, that Ailes privately called Palin "stupid," and that he was infuriated by her decision to announce she would not be running for president on a radio show instead of Fox News.

Moreover, Palin is simply not the political powerhouse she once was, making her steep price tag harder to justify. Though she was the star of the 2008 Republican convention, she did not even attend the 2012 forum.

</span> </div></div>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/30...4.html?ir=Media (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/30/sarah-palin-fox-news-contract-renewed_n_1844734.html?ir=Media)

Qtec
09-02-2012, 06:04 AM
Not long ago,the GOP/TP saw Palin was the Second Coming . Now because Mitt thinks she is an embarrassment,she is tossed aside.

Are the TP rioting in the streets?

This TP nonsense is now being shown for what it is, an astroturf tool controlled by special interests.

Q

Gayle in MD
09-02-2012, 06:22 AM
Yep, and they're so stupid they don't even realize the implications for their own lives.

That's the part that I find so incredible!

Surely all of the Republican voters couldn't be stupid enough that they don't even ask themselves if they want government to force their wives, or daughters to carry and bring to term a rapist's fetus?

The wealthy onoes know there is no problem, and they can rent a jet and send their women in their families anywhere in the world, for the best abortion care, all on the QT.

But what about the rest of them? All of them just pure idiots? Or, all of them just pigs?

How can Americans support a party which is hell bent on making rape as legal as possible!!!

G.

Qtec
09-02-2012, 06:25 AM
I think the Dems should start up a campaign...

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>"Bring back Sarah. Why are the GOP abandoning her?"</span>

Q........Jon Stewart would be overjoyed! LOL

Gayle in MD
09-02-2012, 06:30 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I don't think they will be successful at throwing their RW radical idiots under their big shiney bus, in the interest of appearing less irrational!

IMO, a loot of these women who go to the polls with their Republican White Men Husbands, are not going to go in there and vote for Republican Male chauvinist Pigs!

I can't believe many Republiccan Woman really want their daughters gorwing up in a country, where they can't get birth control, or easily take rapists into court for prosecution!

Takes Republican Pigs to bring back that old "She asked for it" BULL****!

Sid_Vicious
09-02-2012, 09:19 AM
I'll tell ya what about Palin...she saw a personal money opportunity out of all this SNAFU, and she grabbed it. I give her credit for not being totally stupid. Palin has been worth the entertainment value alone IMO. A "small political fish" rakes in some easy cash...kudos! Oh, and most men, and some women ;-) can't deny Sarah is a hottie. I've learned to like her a little. sid

Soflasnapper
09-02-2012, 11:35 AM
After reading her biography, I was far more sympathetic to her plight than before.

Sure, it included many brain dead wrong claims of fact, but those were typically in the mainstream of the right wing's fantasy world view, not her unique mental stylings.

Still, her incompetence at facts is dangerous to the country, and it doesn't help her cause or case that she's also a mean grrrrll, with a vicious streak.

She single-handedly started the 'death panels' meme, which she herself admitted in an interview in the National Journal was not even what she thought, but an overheated hyperbolic expression to get attention.

Because she did this bit of political guerilla warfare, unfortunately, and possibly to her damnation, the elderly will not be given the paid-for counseling as to future need directives. And Ms. Palin herself directly knows how important all of that is, as she herself put an awareness program and special day for this exact same thing as governor of Alaska.

Now they won't get it-- it was taken out after her demagoguery led the way-- and families everywhere will agonize over their loved ones late stage decisions, unguided by what their elder loved one would have elected and put into writing to ease the guilty burden the surviving family otherwise must bear.

Gayle in MD
09-02-2012, 12:51 PM
As my Mom always said, "pretty is as pretty does" and by that she meant, you lose your "Prettyness" when you act ugly.

I've had loads of drop dead beautiful girlfriends over the course of my life, far better looking than Sara Palin.

Not being a guy, my view on what is and isn't pretty, is probably quite different from yours.

The beautiful girl friends who continued to look beautiful to my eyes, were the ones who were beautiful inside, as well as on the outside. And hence, in my experience, my Mom was right, as she almost always was.

I got rid of some of my beautiful girl friends, because some of them didn't look very beautiful, at all, once I got to know some of them, from the perspective of who they really were.

The really beautiful ones, both inside and out, are still in my treasure trove of friends.

I thought Sara was quite good looking when first she arrived on the scene.

She doesn't look very pretty to me now.

G.

Sid_Vicious
09-02-2012, 01:32 PM
All I was saying was that she "made hay while the sun shined." She was no doubt a dim-wit and yet she still saw "her" opportunity to cash in on this messed up American system. Again, KUDOS Sarah! Gimme a chance...I'll do the same thing as fast as it takes a flea to hop. I've also not found one single pool-buddy who says they would hesitate in jumping on that woman, crackers and all. I am first...get in line! sid

Soflasnapper
09-02-2012, 02:06 PM
For a disgusting, or most welcome, reference (I recommend, you decide!), you may find Lisa Ann's 'performances' (cough) in 'Who's Nailin' Paylin?' and 'Obama's Nailin' Paylin' of some interest. I found them... inspiring!

Lisa Ann was the oft-mentioned 'performer' at Mons Venus in Tampa over the prior week's events.

hondo
09-02-2012, 02:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For a disgusting, or most welcome, reference (I recommend, you decide!), you may find Lisa Ann's 'performances' (cough) in 'Who's Nailin' Paylin?' and 'Obama's Nailin' Paylin' of some interest. I found them... inspiring!

Lisa Ann was the oft-mentioned 'performer' at Mons Venus in Tampa over the prior week's events. </div></div>

Put some glasses on her and she does look like Sarah. I tried to friend her on FB but my wife threatened to kill me.

Gayle in MD
09-02-2012, 04:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I was saying was that she "made hay while the sun shined." She was no doubt a dim-wit and yet she still saw "her" opportunity to cash in on this messed up American system. Again, KUDOS Sarah! Gimme a chance...I'll do the same thing as fast as it takes a flea to hop. I've also not found one single pool-buddy who says they would hesitate in jumping on that woman, crackers and all. I am first...get in line! sid </div></div>

I gotcha from the start, just adding some of my own opinions. As I said, as a galo, I wouldn't look at it in the same way. I started out thinking she was good looking, not any more though, lol.

But then, I also think Ryan and Romney are dorks, with absolutely no sex appeal, and find them both pretty ugly, when most of the country seems to think they are hunks.

Go figure, LOL...