PDA

View Full Version : Certificate of forgiveness.

Sev
09-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Perhaps this will help relieve their mental anguish. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

http://unhyphenatedamerica.org/store/

From the Blacksphere.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Blacksphere/49867377595
<span style="color: #000000">Since I am authentically black, I hereby offer a Certificate of Forgiveness to all Liberals. You can send one to Congress or any lamebrain Liberal who wants to push "racism" as their cause du jour. Go ahead...PISS THEM OFF by forgiving them for their stupidity!</span>

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Political/298890_10151034216807596_1677039024.jpg

Soflasnapper
09-02-2012, 11:46 AM
What rot!

This isn't about what happened in the mid-19th century (having then been going on a couple hundred years).

It's about what continued to happen up through the mid-20th century, de jure (by law), and then de facto (by practice) ever since. Plessy v Ferguson, separate but equal, was only overturned in 1954. That's only one or two generations back.

People forget, I guess, how the land of unlimited opportunity denied the basics of human potential, a decent educational opportunity and the right to self-determination through voting, to a sizable fraction of the population, historically and with effects lingering to this day. Not slavery, but everything that came in its aftermath.

Pretending it's about slavery, and pointing out nobody these days had much connection with slave-holding, is an unclever change of subject by those guilty of or participating in other repressions that came after slavery. Sheesh.

hondo
09-02-2012, 02:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What rot!

This isn't about what happened in the mid-19th century (having then been going on a couple hundred years).

It's about what continued to happen up through the mid-20th century, de jure (by law), and then de facto (by practice) ever since. Plessy v Ferguson, separate but equal, was only overturned in 1954. That's only one or two generations back.

People forget, I guess, how the land of unlimited opportunity denied the basics of human potential, a decent educational opportunity and the right to self-determination through voting, to a sizable fraction of the population, historically and with effects lingering to this day. Not slavery, but everything that came in its aftermath.

Pretending it's about slavery, and pointing out nobody these days had much connection with slave-holding, is an unclever change of subject by those guilty of or participating in other repressions that came after slavery. Sheesh. </div></div>

God, I love the way you cut through the bullshit on here.
You've been a Godsend on here. You, Memikey on AZ , and Sonoma, who used to post on here have been our sharpest posters.

hondo
09-02-2012, 02:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What rot!

Pretending it's about slavery, and pointing out nobody these days had much connection with slave-holding, is an unclever change of subject by those guilty of or participating in other repressions that came after slavery. Sheesh. </div></div>

God, I love the way you cut through the bullshit on here.
You've been a Godsend on here. You, Memikey on AZ , and Sonoma, who used to post on here have been our sharpest posters. </div></div>

That was simply precious. ( Saving you time, Larry) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif