PDA

View Full Version : "lying is a virtue," say the GOP.

Qtec
09-03-2012, 06:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While discussing Paul Ryan's performance at last week's Republican National Convention and Obama campaign manager Stephanie Cutter pointing out that voters were left with the impression that Republicans believe that "lying is a virtue," CBS's Bob Schieffer actually pretended to be shocked that anyone would dare to actually call Ryan and Romney liars, because they both... you know... lie like rugs.

SCHIEFFER: Are you saying that they're just a bunch of liars?

CUTTER: No Bob, I didn't say that. </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"><u>What she should have said,</u> if she had the courage was <span style='font-size: 17pt'><u>YES! I just said it.</u></span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
SCHIEFFER: Well, you said lying is a virtue.

CUTTER: Well I heard a lot of things that weren't true last week. I think we can all agree with that.

After Cutter explained what a few of those lies were, Schieffer just moved along to the next guest and didn't even respond. Someone needs to tell Schieffer that it's supposed to be his job to be pointing out those lies to the viewers, not pretending he's shocked that someone else would do it.

Here's some recommended reading for Schieffer:

6 Worst Lies In Paul Ryan’s Speech

The Post-Truth Campaign: Mitt Romney Tells 530 Lies in 30 Weeks

Paul Ryan’s brazen lies </div></div>

This is the problem with the US media. Too much bowing down.

When Mitt runs an ad that has been condemned as a total lie by ALL fact checkers, and he still repeats this lie in all his speeches, should he not be called out for being a liar?

Q

llotter
09-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Most voters don't take the time to distinguish whether a politician is telling the truth or lying as usual. And I dare say, even for those who do pay attention, the line between truth and falsehood is not clear most of the time.

It does look like the title of this thread is an example of yet another damn lie. According to the quote you included by way of explanation, it was a Democrat saying that Republicans believe 'lying is a virtue', not as the title indicates.

But then again, who cares? Today is Labor Day, celebrating the 'labor movement'/unionism, probably the most destructive movement in American history but instead of recognizing that fact, we continue to keep repeating the lie about how wonderful it is or was. We live with so many lies that the truth is easily concealed.

PS I don't believe that the title is an oversight but just the desire of those on the Left to lie even when they know the truth, if they lie justifies the ends.

Gayle in MD
09-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Yes, she should have.

I was very disappointed by Bob on Face the nation. I've seen him do far better, before.

Here's a clip you might enjoy, if you haven't seen it.

I like this gal. She has good values, high intentioned, a very intelligent young woman...But this shocked me because she is always so composed.

I'd like to see more of these outbursts of honesty from Media, spontaneous and real! Go Malissa

Malissa Harris Perry:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/02/melissa-harris-perry-erupts-wealthy-risky_n_1849720.html

eg8r
09-04-2012, 09:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What she should have said, if she had the courage was YES! I just said it.</div></div>Exactly which proves to us she has no spine. She will run her mouth as much as possible but when you start breaking down what she said and asking her about it she herself becomes the liar. LOL, I am NOT however shocked that you failed to call her what she is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"lying is a virtue," say the GOP. </div></div>In your subject heading you also prove you are a liar. The GOP never said this, it was the lying Obama campaign manager who said that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the problem with the US media. Too much bowing down.</div></div>However actually what you meant to say is this is the problem with Obama's campaign manager. She is the one that bowed down and in her current role she would not be considered the media.

eg8r