PDA

View Full Version : Why Do We Celebrate Labor Day?

llotter
09-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Another Labor Day to celebrate the 'labor movement', probably the most insidious, pernicious movement in American History with its leftist roots in Marxism/communism. Celebrating the thuggery and intimidation and blackmail that's at the heart of this movement is an in-your-face lie that continues to be perpetrated on the public. This may well be the original Politically Correct lie and it has been around so long that no one even gives it a second thought.

It is hard to get your head around but Hayek in his most famous book, 'The Road to Serfdom', devoted an entire chapter to this phenomenon of the general acceptance of the Big Lie or what we now commonly refer to as PC. Hayek entitled that chapter, 'The End of Truth'. George Orwell was even more pointed:

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Soflasnapper
09-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Marxist? Sure, it sounds Marxist. Let's not forget some of the greatest Marxist quotes on labor:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Labor is the true standard of value."

"The world is agreed that labor is the source from which human wants are mainly supplied. There is no dispute upon this point."

"Labor is the great source from which nearly all, if not all, human comforts and necessities are drawn."

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration."

"And I am glad to know that there is a system of labor -&gt; where the laborer can strike if he wants to! I would to God that such a system prevailed all over the world."

"And, inasmuch [as] most good things are produced by labour, it follows that [all] such things of right belong to those whose labour has produced them. But it has so happened in all ages of the world, that some have laboured, and others have, without labour, enjoyed a large proportion of the fruits. This is wrong, and should not continue. To [secure] to each labourer the whole product of his labour, or as nearly as possible, is a most worthy object of any good government." </div></div> (All sources cited, here. (http://rogerjnorton.com/Lincoln97.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms is treason. If a man tells you he trusts America, yet fears labor, he is a fool. There is no America without labor, and to fleece the one is to rob the other." </div></div>

All quotes, the Marxist 16th president of the United Staes.

Dwight D. Eisenhower:

Only a fool would try to deprive working men and working women of their right to join the union of their choice.

Jimmy Carter:

Every advance in this half-century-Social Security, civil rights, Medicare, aid to education, one after another -came with the support and leadership of American Labor.

JFK's actions: <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On Jan. 17, 1962, President Kennedy signed Executive Order 10988, bringing collective bargaining rights to most federal workers for the first time. </div></div>

Reagan's speech quote: <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> :“Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost”.</div></div>

llotter
09-03-2012, 11:14 AM
It is not 'labor' that I was writing about but the 'labor movement' which is really unionism or 'organized labor'.

DiabloViejo
09-03-2012, 12:21 PM
"If capitalism is fair then unionism must be. If men and women have a right to capitalize their ideas and the resources of their country, then that implies the right of men and women to capitalize their labor." -- Frank Lloyd Wright

While I sincerely doubt you will, you should look these up and learn a little bit about real thuggery and intimidation:

The Lattimer Massacre
The Ludlow Machine Gun Massacre
The Columbine Mine Massacre
The Hanapepe Massacre
The Memorial Day Massacre of 1937
The Herrin Massacre
The Everett Massacre
The Pullman Strike

I suppose you think it would be just great if we could all go back to the good old days and people would have to work 12 hours a day, six days a week, for slave wages. I suppose you would also love it if there were no paid holidays, no paid vacation, no health insurance, no workplace safety / health laws, and no child labor laws. Yeah, it would be just lovely wouldn't it? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Hey screw it, the job creators deserve everything and the low-life serfs should be glad to be exploited for the benefit of those same job creators, right? Yeah working people in America should just bend over and take it up the rear for the benefit of the moneyed elite, right?

You sicken and disgust me with your toxic drivel!

Gayle in MD
09-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Tap,Tap,Tap!!!

Bravo!

cushioncrawler
09-03-2012, 04:00 PM
If i were King, every day would be Labour Day.

If i were King there would be zero unions. Partly koz the work of unions iz important, and hencely would be handled by the King, me. And mainly koz if i were King workers would rule.

Koz, everyone would be so well off, that corporations would find it diffikult to find and keep workers. Workers would interview corporations re jobs. Workers would sack corporations.

Which leads to the question, would corportions form and join their own unions. Rather than just support the GOP. No, wait, nearly forgot, there wouldnt be a GOP, koz there wouldnt be any elektions, koz there wouldnt be any politicians.

Anyhow if i were King, workers would work say 3 or 4 days a week, and say 6 months a year, and retire at 50yrs, to hav the basiks. And some would work more, if they wanted more.
mac.

llotter
09-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Franklin said, 'Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither'. To which I would add the old saying that there are none so blind as those who will not see.

Just the other day, Gayle demonstrated just how blind are those on the left by continuing to repeat the lie when the truth was right before her eyes. Now you are almost as guilty by repeating the Big Lie and my guess is that you will continue doing it for the rest of your life.

llotter
09-03-2012, 05:32 PM
In addition, politicians tend to say those things that will get them the most votes so they are a reliable source of truth.

DiabloViejo
09-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Mister, were you born this stupid and narrow minded? Or did your Daddy bounce you on your head repeatedly off the garage floor when you were a child?

What does that quote from Franklin have to do with the topic at hand?

And why do you hate working people so much?

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/320282_476929228992063_1021836277_n.jpg

hondo
09-03-2012, 07:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"If capitalism is fair then unionism must be. If men and women have a right to capitalize their ideas and the resources of their country, then that implies the right of men and women to capitalize their labor." -- Frank Lloyd Wright

While I sincerely doubt you will, you should look these up and learn a little bit about real thuggery and intimidation:

The Lattimer Massacre
The Ludlow Machine Gun Massacre
The Columbine Mine Massacre
The Hanapepe Massacre
The Memorial Day Massacre of 1937
The Herrin Massacre
The Everett Massacre
The Pullman Strike

I suppose you think it would be just great if we could all go back to the good old days and people would have to work 12 hours a day, six days a week, for slave wages. I suppose you would also love it if there were no paid holidays, no paid vacation, no health insurance, no workplace safety / health laws, and no child labor laws. Yeah, it would be just lovely wouldn't it? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Hey screw it, the job creators deserve everything and the low-life serfs should be glad to be exploited for the benefit of those same job creators, right? Yeah working people in America should just bend over and take it up the rear for the benefit of the moneyed elite, right?

You sicken and disgust me with your toxic drivel!

</div></div>

Might I add to that

The Battle of Blair Mountain
The Hawk's Nest Tunnel tragedy
The Matewan Massacre

llotter
09-03-2012, 07:56 PM
I just knew that the 'blind' addendum applied here.

The 'security' that Ben was referring to was pretty much identical to those you listed:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suppose you think it would be just great if we could all go back to the good old days and people would have to work 12 hours a day, six days a week, for slave wages. I suppose you would also love it if there were no paid holidays, no paid vacation, no health insurance, no workplace safety / health laws, and no child labor laws. Yeah, it would be just lovely wouldn't it? </div></div>

See? No, I thought not. But then again, you still think you are free.

hondo
09-03-2012, 08:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just knew that the 'blind' addendum applied here.

The 'security' that Ben was referring to was pretty much identical to those you listed:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suppose you think it would be just great if we could all go back to the good old days and people would have to work 12 hours a day, six days a week, for slave wages. I suppose you would also love it if there were no paid holidays, no paid vacation, no health insurance, no workplace safety / health laws, and no child labor laws. Yeah, it would be just lovely wouldn't it? </div></div>

See? No, I thought not. But then again, you still think you are free. </div></div>

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."

Qtec
09-04-2012, 12:59 AM
36 reasons why you should thank a union (http://www.unionplus.org/about/labor-unions/36-reasons-thank-union)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suppose you think it would be just great if we could all go back to the good old days and people would have to work 12 hours a day, six days a week, for slave wages. I suppose you would also love it if there were no paid holidays, no paid vacation, no health insurance, </div></div>

Sadly, for many non union workers this is the reality.

Q

hondo
09-04-2012, 06:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 36 reasons why you should thank a union (http://www.unionplus.org/about/labor-unions/36-reasons-thank-union)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suppose you think it would be just great if we could all go back to the good old days and people would have to work 12 hours a day, six days a week, for slave wages. I suppose you would also love it if there were no paid holidays, no paid vacation, no health insurance, </div></div>

Excellent point. One, the Republicans can't seem to grasp or refuse to.

Sadly, for many non union workers this is the reality.

Q </div></div>

llotter
09-04-2012, 06:59 AM
I understand that the Left welcomes a Marxist Nanny State and though we are still on the path headed in that direction, I think the majority still rejects slavery.

hondo
09-04-2012, 07:05 AM
"Marxist Nanny State"

What would these characters on here have to say if it wasn't for Limberger and Hannity? They provide all their vocabulary for them.

llotter
09-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Oh, that's original! I wonder where you picked up on 'Limberger'.

hondo
09-04-2012, 08:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, that's original! I wonder where you picked up on 'Limberger'. </div></div>

What? I thought it was original????