PDA

View Full Version : ‘are you better off than 4 years ago"?

Qtec
09-04-2012, 04:49 AM
BS question.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox Panel Battles Over Whether Americans Are Better Off After Four Years Of Obama

In a segment with Fox News Channel’s Megyn Kelly, Chairman of the South Carolina Democratic party Dick Harpootlian and former deputy assistant to President George W. Bush, Brad Blakeman, debated the changing messaging from President Barack Obama’s surrogates as to whether Americans are better off today than they were four years ago. The discussion became contentious as the pair argued whether Sen. John McCain, had he won in 2008, would have been able to answer that question in the affirmative.

Kelly asked Blakeman why, for example, Maryland’s Democratic Gov. Martin O’Malley would tell CBS News on Sunday that Americans are not better off than they were in 2008, but would then tell CNN on Monday morning that they were better off.

“I think it’s the silly season,” said Harpootlian. “What all of them said was accurate, and that is that the country is better off now than it was four years ago.” He went on to outline the situation that President Obama inherited and the progress that has been made since.

“It’s like I was in a car wreck and I was hit by a drunk driver – we’ll call the drunk driver the Republican party,” Harpootlian analogized. “Both my legs are broken and the orthopedic surgeon that is treating me – Barack Obama – is making tremendous gains at getting me back on my feet, and <span style='font-size: 17pt'>the drunk driver is over there chiding him and making fun of him, saying ‘he’s not walking yet.</span>’” </div></div>

Is the country in a better state?

Yes.

Are some people NOT better off?

Yes..Ask them why?

Is it because of anything Obama has done?

NO!!!!

Megan has an orgasm....... (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-panel-battles-over-whether-americans-are-better-off-after-four-years-of-obama/)

Q

hondo
09-04-2012, 06:42 AM
I'm not better off but it's because my wife and I both retired and we're living on less income. Plus, cost of living keeps rising. I blame Bush.

eg8r
09-04-2012, 09:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BS question.</div></div>Only to Obama supporters who don't like real life answers.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-04-2012, 10:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I blame Bush. </div></div>

Then you are in the vast majority! Only the denying ignorant right refuse to accept the realities of what Bush and the Republican's failed policies of greed, corruption, denial, waste, incompetence and assault against this country's best interests have done to all of us.

WE have a great president, IMO, who has proven himself. Using a BS campaign slogan, of thirty years ago, doesn't fit current circumstances.

Our economy is growing, not falling.

We have had a loss of net worth of 40% since the Bush Economy crashed!

The stimulus worked to prevent the Bush Depression. Family incomes have been going down for thirty years, since Reagan, and all due to Repiglican failed policies, not because of President Obama.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

GDP was going down at a 9% rate when we finally got rid of BUSH!

It was the trickle down, supply side BS that got us into this mess!

cushioncrawler
09-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I uzually find that idiots (ie GOP) kannot ask good questions. This problem iz mostly due to the fakt that they are genuine idiots. In some instance it might be koz they are simply lieing selfish bastards. This raizes the question -- who would u prefer to be playing with u in your pool team.
[1] A GOP idiot.
[2] A GOP selfish lieing bastard (but not an idiot).
[3] A GOP biblist.
[4] A GOP T-Partyer.
[5] A GOP rich guy.
[6] An atheist poofta greeny.

Me myself i dont care much, koz the abov sort of describes all of my teammates anyhow.
mac.

Soflasnapper
09-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Clearly enough, whichever of those shoots the best stick.

Some things are just obvious... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

cushioncrawler
09-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Yes -- never thort of that.
But, thing iz, most small city english billiards (and snooker) komps are handicap. Handicaps go up or down say 5pts every week, or at the end of 4 weeks.

So it generally pays to hav a learner in your team, someone who iz improoving every week, and kan keep ahead of the 5pt vigorish.

Us oldtimers, we havta be cunning with who we beat or looz to. Halfway throo the season, when the top teams are starting to sort themselves out, its amazing how we tend to looz to lowish teams, but beat teams abov us.

But at the after-game-supper, i steam up my dimsims, and we all hav a beer and talk about stuff. We dont discuss race religion or politix, so i just listen.
mac.

cushioncrawler
09-04-2012, 07:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clearly enough, whichever of those shoots the best stick. Some things are just obvious... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif</div></div>Reminds me of the 3 sheilas that are interviewed for job at citibank.
The first girl goze in and iz asked what would she do if she had an account at citibank and if a computer error gave her $100,000.
She answered that she would inform her manager immediately.

Same question, 2nd girl. She answers that she would wait till the end of the month, collect the interest, and then tell her manager.

Same question, 3rd girl. She answers that she would go for a holiday to europe, and then buy a new car.

So, which girl got the job. Eezy, the girl with the big tits.
mac.

hondo
09-04-2012, 08:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I uzually find that idiots (ie GOP) kannot ask good questions. This problem iz mostly due to the fakt that they are genuine idiots. In some instance it might be koz they are simply lieing selfish bastards. This raizes the question -- who would u prefer to be playing with u in your pool team.
[1] A GOP idiot.
[2] A GOP selfish lieing bastard (but not an idiot).
[3] A GOP biblist.
[4] A GOP T-Partyer.
[5] A GOP rich guy.
[6] An atheist poofta greeny.

Me myself i dont care much, koz the abov sort of describes all of my teammates anyhow.
mac. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Soflasnapper
09-05-2012, 07:56 AM
That joke never gets old!

Gayle in MD
09-05-2012, 08:04 AM
Funny that you guys never tell it the other way around, you know, where the boss is a woman????

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hondo
09-05-2012, 01:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny that you guys never tell it the other way around, you know, where the boss is a woman????

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div>

LOL! Why state the obvious? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif