PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Of Ted Kennedy Haunts Mitt Romney At DNC

Qtec
09-05-2012, 04:53 AM
video (http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/09/ghost-of-ted-kennedy-haunts-mitt-romney-at-dnc-video.php?ref=fpb)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The opening night of the Democratic convention included a video tribute to the late Sen. Ted Kennedy and his accomplishments — one of which was socking it to Mitt Romney.

The most crowd-pleasing parts of the seven-minute video Tuesday night featured snippets of debates from the 1994 contest for U.S. Senate between Kennedy and Romney, which were notably unflattering for the now-Republican nominee for president.

One exchange from the debate that year highlighted in the clip:

ROMNEY: “I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country. I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years, that we should sustain and support it. And I sustain and support that law and the right of a woman to make that choice.”

KENNEDY: “On the question of the choice issue — I have supported the Roe v. Wade. I am pro-choice. My opponent is multiple choice.”

Another featured Kennedy chiding Romney for remarks on health care reform.

The clip package also included Kennedy savagely mocking Romney as a flip-flopper.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>“Now he’s for family leave. Now he looks like he’s for minimum wage. Now he’s for education reform,” the senator said. “<u>If we give him two more weeks then he may even vote for me,</u><span style="color: #990000"> LOL</span> because those are the things that I am for.”</span>

The anti-Romney crowd erupted with thunderous applause.

The video tribute mentioned the causes Kennedy championed — including civil rights, voting rights, immigration reform, women’s rights and universal health care. </div></div>

Kennedy nails it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'> I am pro-choice. My opponent is multiple choice.</span>/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

</div></div>

He still is. He's Etch-a-sketch Mitt.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Q

Qtec
09-05-2012, 05:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland delivered the toughest attack speech of either convention thus far, a populist howler against Mitt Romney’s business career and personal finances. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“Mitt Romney proudly wrote an op-ed titled, ‘Let Detroit Go Bankrupt.’ If he had had his way, devastation would have cascaded from Michigan to Ohio and across the nation,” Strickland told the crowd Tuesday night. “Mitt Romney never saw the point of building something when he could profit from tearing it down. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>If Mitt was Santa Claus, he’d fire the reindeer and outsource the elves.</span>” </div></div>

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa LOL.

Q

Gayle in MD
09-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Yep, I think Democrats proved they are far more organized and capable than Republicans last night.

Did you have the opportunity to watch the kick off of the Dem conventon last night?

Fabulous.

They ALL hit it out of the park! Every single speaker!

AND they didn't HAVE to do it on lies, revision and nastiness.

G.

Qtec
09-05-2012, 07:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, I think Democrats proved they are far more organized and capable than Republicans last night. </div></div>

I think its just that they have more material to work with! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Lets face it, the RNC convention was a disaster.
Ryan's lies.
The Ron Paul protests.
Clint and his chair.
Romney,s bland no details dishwater speech.
Anne telling us.... <span style="color: #990000">['you people']</span> how tough she had it when all they had to live on was Mitt's shares! [ neither of them had a job!!!]

Q

Gayle in MD
09-05-2012, 07:35 AM
The problem that worries me, Q., is that some of their lies are working.

Particularly the lie that President Obama has failed to lead.

That is really a ridiculous lie, and it is being pushed by journalists, some that I used to give some credence to, which really proves to me that these wealthy media folks are on board with the growing Republican plutocracy.

Suffice it to say, Walter Chronkite, and Edward R. Murrow are flipping in their graves.

Of the thousands of media, there might be 10% at most, who are actually reporting the truth.

I am beginning to wonder when the trains show up, and we put on our striped pajamas!

G.