PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Can't get CCB login to work (Still!!)

10-08-2002, 05:08 AM
I can't get the login here to work. Do you have to do anything to your browser, change any settings. Mine is set to accept cookies, both kinds, regular, and per-session cookies.

Does my name have to match the name of the person registered on the computer (or in windows) because I bought this computer from a guy in the paper, and I don't know what he put down for his registration name in windows.. I guess I could f-disk the whole thing, and start over..

Anyways, if there is anything special I have to do to get my login thing to work, I'd like to hear it. Thanks.

bluewolf
10-08-2002, 06:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Seattle--kid:</font><hr> I can't get the login here to work. Do you have to do anything to your browser, change any settings. Mine is set to accept cookies, both kinds, regular, and per-session cookies.

<hr></blockquote>

if you already have a registered name and the login isnt working, i would write to ccb admin . you could choose a new name and password. only catch there is you would have to have another valid email address to register with.

bw

heater451
10-08-2002, 06:59 AM
The actual PC identity settings shouldn't matter. . . .

Have you tried having your password emailed to you, from the login page? (There is a button, I think, or a link.) It will be emailed to the @ddress you specified when first registering.

What is your id/nickname?

=======================

bluewolf
10-08-2002, 07:01 AM
OTOH, if the actual login button isnt working, your browser could be corrupted a dll somewhere missing. in that case, i would reinstall your browser.

bw

nAz
10-08-2002, 07:08 AM
Dude it should work. as long as you put in your CCB login name and PASSWORD,
the computer registration name has or should have nothing to do with it.
Your name is registered on the CCB user list, thats not the same thing as being logged in by the way. it says:

Profile for Seattle-kid
Email
Name
Title stranger
Total Posts 0
Homepage
Occupation
Hobbies
ICQ Number
Registered on 06/22/02 04:25 AM

Try the FAQ or asking webmaster@billiardsdigest.com for help

10-08-2002, 01:46 PM
Dude it should work. as long as you put in your CCB login name and PASSWORD,
the computer registration name has or should have nothing to do with it.
Your name is registered on the CCB user list, thats not the same thing as being logged in by the way. it says:

Profile for Seattle-kid
Email
Name
Title stranger
Total Posts 0
Homepage
Occupation
Hobbies
ICQ Number
Registered on 06/22/02 04:25 AM

I know I'm registered and everything, but every time I log in, it gives me a message that my "username/password not found"!! what kind of crap is that?!?! It obviously has my username and password, or I wouldn't be able to log in at all.. but as it is, I just can't post under my username, and I can't set my preferences.

10-08-2002, 01:51 PM
The actual PC identity settings shouldn't matter. . . .

Have you tried having your password emailed to you, from the login page? (There is a button, I think, or a link.) It will be emailed to the @ddress you specified when first registering.

What is your id/nickname?

Yes, I've tried that, I've tried it both ways.. making my own password, and having the password sent to me.. (with two different email addresses) and still I get the "username/password not found" even after I log in!!! I think it just doesn't like me.. maybe it needs a good kick??

My normal username is "seattle-kid" with only one -.

10-08-2002, 01:54 PM
if you already have a registered name and the login isnt working, i would write to ccb admin . you could choose a new name and password. only catch there is you would have to have another valid email address to register with.

bw

I've done that too.. no matter what (I even set up my other account at a different computer) everytime I get to my house to log in, it lets me log in, and then tells me my username and password weren't found. I hate computers, they are dumb.

9 Ball Girl
10-08-2002, 01:57 PM
Hey Seattle-Kid. Since under that name you have 0 posts and you're still a stranger, why not just start from scratch with a new name? Or does the email address you provided when you first registered preventing you from starting from scratch?

10-08-2002, 04:06 PM
Hey Seattle-Kid. Since under that name you have 0 posts and you're still a stranger, why not just start from scratch with a new name? Or does the email address you provided when you first registered preventing you from starting from scratch?

I've tried that.. actually 3 times with 3 different email addresses.

cheesemouse
10-08-2002, 06:11 PM
Try going in and re-loading your registery, I think in the HELP section, if you dig deep enough there is a trouble shooting 'wizard' that resets your registery. I had this problem after a big thunderstorm and in my blind attempt at self-diagnosis I stumbled on this 'registery' thingee and everything started working right after I proformed the wizardry...sorry I'm not a techno-nerd so I can't explain any better...good luck~~~

heater451
10-09-2002, 08:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Seattle--kid:</font><hr> . . .My normal username is "seattle-kid" with only one -. <hr></blockquote>The User List has a "Seattle-kid" on it, with a capital "S". Have you made sure to match the letter case?

==================

Tom_In_Cincy
10-09-2002, 08:37 AM
S-Kid..

Check you date setting on your PC. Make sure it is correct.
I had a problem that sounds very similar to what you are experiencing.. and that was the fix.. I had to have the correct date..

10-10-2002, 08:30 AM
S-Kid..

Check you date setting on your PC. Make sure it is correct.
I had a problem that sounds very similar to what you are experiencing.. and that was the fix.. I had to have the correct date..

THANK YOU!! Finally, it works!! I had my date set for some reason, to 2022. HmmmMMmMm... anyways.. maybe you should be the webmaster.. you figured it out, and he/she is still working on it.. Geeez... all this time.. darn.

SPetty
10-10-2002, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Seattle-kid:</font><hr> THANK YOU!! Finally, it works!! <hr></blockquote>Hi Kid,

Welcome back. We've missed you - oops, I mean at least I have. (We've been instructed by one of our posters not to use "we" as though we know what everyone is thinking...)

Tom_in_Cincy has some awesome answers sometimes, doesn't he?

So how ya shooting?

10-10-2002, 05:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Seattle-kid:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; THANK YOU!! Finally, it works!! &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;Hi Kid,

Welcome back. We've missed you - oops, I mean at least I have. (We've been instructed by one of our posters not to use "we" as though we know what everyone is thinking...)

Tom_in_Cincy has some awesome answers sometimes, doesn't he?

So how ya shooting?
<hr></blockquote>

Wazzup, bro!?!?!!!! :&gt; :&gt; Thank you again for posting that.. I couldn't believe my login didn't work for so long I quit posting cause I didn't want to post "anonymous." Also couldn't believe my computer was ahead by 20 years...

Anyways, hey, thanks! Nice to be here again. I'm shooting pretty good.. in leagues last week we did a 15-0 to the other team.. which doesn't happen very often.. probably 3 or 4 times in the last 5 years or so.. but we massacred them! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif I've been shooting alot on my table lately, playing alot of drills and 9-ball.

how are things with you?? And since you've been on this board for at least a few years I believe, and you know most everyone on here, I think it's ok for you to speak for the majority here.

Take care!

Barbara
10-10-2002, 06:47 PM
How do we know this the real Seattle Kid?? Hmm? You heard him, his computer was 20 years ahead... Well?? Whaddya think?

You know, it could be one of Patrick's legion of pool playing aliens now in our midst, time zone, century...

Run Away!! Run Away!! And leave that pod alone, DON'T TOUCH IT!!

Barbara~~~just kiddin', SK... welcome home...