PDA

View Full Version : Bill nails it.

Qtec
09-06-2012, 09:23 AM
BC lays out the difference between the two parties.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clinton only mentioned Republican Mitt Romney a handful times, but laid out a framework that he said defines this election. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>“If you want a winner-take-all, you’re-on-your-own society, you should support the Republican ticket,” Clinton said. “But if you want a country of shared opportunities and shared responsibility -– a we're-all-in-this-together society -- you should vote for Barack Obama and Joe Biden.”</span>

Clinton, whose mastery of the stage left him several possible ways to attack Romney, notably did not skewer the Republican's record at Bain Capital, or his other weaknesses, instead focusing his argument in general against the GOP philosophy. (Clinton worked a stint for the consulting and private equity firm Teneo Capital. Co-founder Doug Band is a close Clinton adviser. Clinton listed his income from Teneo on a recent disclosure form as greater than $1,000, though it gives no upper limit.)

Holding fire on Bain left the speech absent a zinger to sum up Romney. Instead, Clinton saved the zinger for tax cuts for the rich, warning that<span style='font-size: 14pt'> Romney will "double down on trickle-down."</span>

He paraphrased Ronald Reagan: "As another president once said, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>'There they go again."</span>

In reframing last week's GOP message, he employed equal parts mockery, wonkery and plainspeak.

In short, he said, the Republicans came to Tampa to deliver a simple message about Obama:<span style='font-size: 17pt'> "We left him a total mess, but he hasn't cleaned it up fast enough, so fire him and put us back in."</span>

Clinton hit Paul Ryan in the same style. The GOP vice presidential candidate had attacked Obama for cutting $716 billion from Medicare, <u>when his own budget proposal included those same cuts.</u>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>"You gotta give him one thing. It takes some brass to attack a guy for doing what you did,"</span> Clinton said.

He also slashed at Romney's charge that the president had undermined the work requirement in welfare reform. "Their campaign pollster said, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>'<u>We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers,</u>'" Clinton said. "Now, finally I can say that is true. I couldn't have said it better myself –- I just hope you remember that every time you see those ads."</span> </div></div>

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/06/bill-clinton-speech_n_1850526.html?utm_hp_ref=politics)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Post-Truth Campaign: <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Mitt Romney Tells 530 Lies in 30 Weeks</span>
10 comments
By Blue Texan

Credit: Mario Piperni
Steve Benen has truly done yeoman's work this campaign season in documenting the astonishing onslaught of Romney's lies, and Fred Clark helpfully compiled them.

Click those links. Read the lists. List after list of lie after lie. Hundreds of them —<span style='font-size: 14pt'> 533, to be exact,</span> although Benen does not make any claim to providing a comprehensive chronicle.

This is unprecedented. “We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers,” Romney’s pollster, Neil Newhouse, said </div></div>

link (http://crooksandliars.com/blue-texan/post-truth-campaign-mitt-romney-tells-5)

Q

eg8r
09-06-2012, 02:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BC lays out the difference between the two parties.</div></div>I find it funny that the way Obama ran his office and the outcome he had is like night/day compared to the way Bill ran it. At this point BC is not at all campaigning for Obama and truth be told I don't really think you are intelligent enough to catch on. Obama is not getting anything done and BC recognizes it. What BC is doing at this point is just trying to save the Dems from Obama, in spite of Obama. If that means suffering through another 4 years of Obama till BC can get his wife in there then that is what he will do.

Now, having enlightened you to reality let's look at the stuff you had bold so you could keep focus.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But if you want a country of shared opportunities and shared responsibility </div></div>This is the first line of complete BS. Why doesn't the left feel "shared responsibility" means the responsiblity needs to be shared by BOTH sides? If the bills cannot be paid and taxes need to be increased then the poor, middle and rich should see a tax increase. That is how you SHARE. Sitting around paying no additional taxes and allowing just the rich to shoulder the burden is not SHARING. This is the perfect example of the joke about marriage. It is a give and take relationship. The husband gives and the wife takes. The rich keep paying more and then poor keep taking more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Romney will "double down on trickle-down."
</div></div>BC is probably true with this one. The author though must seems like the nerdy kid on the playground who never really learned how to trash talk. LOL, if he thinks calling out the obvious like this is a "zinger" then he is clueless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"We left him a total mess, but he hasn't cleaned it up fast enough, so fire him and put us back in."</div></div>LOL, this is the funny part if you ask me. It was Bill that started this whole mess when he pushed mortgages on people that could not afford them. Heck I even read (did not verify) that Obama was one of the first lawyers that started this BS. So what we have is Obama walking into a mess that he helped mastermind as a lawyer many years ago.

eg8r

cushioncrawler
09-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Bill's speech woz amazing. Bill skillfully kept things very simple -- very effektiv. I had tears in my eyes, dunno why, probly thinking of my last headjob.
That twerp from NYT on PBS sayd the speech went a bit too long -- HAAHAHHHHAAAAHAAAHH (dunno how i finished larffing on a H).

Not kleening up their mess quick enuff. Hazgottabe the best line.
mac.

LWW
09-06-2012, 06:56 PM
He did manage a ratings tie with HONEY BOO BOO. (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/honey-boo-boo-ratings-bill-clinton-tlc-368469)

eg8r
09-06-2012, 07:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had tears in my eyes, dunno why, probly thinking of my last headjob.</div></div>You are lucky you side with the lefties the majority of the time or honduh the hillbilly from west virginy would be asking you to tone down the vulgarity. He says there are children here and after seeing diablow's posts I am inclined to believe him.

eg8r

hondo
09-06-2012, 08:11 PM
" The author though must seems like the nerdy kid on the playground who never really learned how to trash talk."

Agreed. Bill just can't talk that jive like you can, bro. ROTFLMFAO! What it is! You be da chissel on da jissel, my bruddah! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
09-06-2012, 08:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> He did manage a ratings tie with HONEY BOO BOO. (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/honey-boo-boo-ratings-bill-clinton-tlc-368469) </div></div>

How is Honey Boo Boo, Larry? I haven't had a chance to catch it yet.

cushioncrawler
09-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Hey, i kan do trash mime -- kop this -- and this.
mac.

hondo
09-06-2012, 08:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, i kan do trash mime -- kop this -- and this.
mac. </div></div>

It is difficult to illustrate mime in writing. I'll have to take your word for it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
09-06-2012, 09:13 PM
LOL, sorry hillbilly idiot, I don't remember seeing Bill bragging about trash talking. Oh wait, he didn't it was the idiot author who thought that is what it was. It wasn't though and I don't think BC was trying to trash talk. You on the other hand never were capable of understanding much of anything posted on this board.

eg8r

hondo
09-07-2012, 07:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, sorry hillbilly idiot, I don't remember seeing Bill bragging about trash talking. Oh wait, he didn't it was the idiot author who thought that is what it was. It wasn't though and I don't think BC was trying to trash talk. You on the other hand never were capable of understanding much of anything posted on this board.

eg8r </div></div>

For someone calling me a hillbilly idiot, your grammar and syntax are atrocious- run-on sentences, insufficient punctuation, incoherent sentences.
Those who live in glass houses...

eg8r
09-07-2012, 08:21 AM
LOL, see I knew you started this game because you liked it.

eg8r

LWW
09-07-2012, 09:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, sorry hillbilly idiot, I don't remember seeing Bill bragging about trash talking. Oh wait, he didn't it was the idiot author who thought that is what it was. It wasn't though and I don't think BC was trying to trash talk. You on the other hand never were capable of understanding much of anything posted on this board.

eg8r </div></div>

For someone calling me a hillbilly idiot, your grammar and syntax are atrocious- run-on sentences, insufficient punctuation, incoherent sentences.
Those who live in glass houses... </div></div>

Should use the "RETURN" key at the end of a paragraph?

Soflasnapper
09-07-2012, 10:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> He did manage a ratings tie with HONEY BOO BOO. (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/honey-boo-boo-ratings-bill-clinton-tlc-368469) </div></div>

Such a casual liar you are! It's remarkable, the bs you throw around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Aggregate coverage of the DNC clearly eclipsed Honey Boo Boo by all measurements</div></div>

The tie mentioned was with the CNN COVERAGE only. CNN. You remember them. The lowest ranked cable news channel now for a year or more?

The numbers watching BC's keynote and nominating speech were about 20 million, even with the first official NFL game being broadcast in an overlapping time.