PDA

View Full Version : The Tuth-O-Meter says..

DiabloViejo
09-06-2012, 12:52 PM
<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style="color: #000099">"Since 1961 … our private economy has produced 66 million private-sector jobs. So what's the jobs score? Republicans 24 million, Democrats 42 (million)."

Bill Clinton on Wednesday, September 5th, 2012 in a speech to the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C.</span></span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Bill Clinton says Democratic presidents top Republican presidents in job creation</span>
PolitiFact.com (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/sep/06/bill-clinton/bill-clinton-says-democratic-presidents-top-republ/)

http://static.politifact.com.s3.amazonaws.com/rulings%2Ftom-true.gif
http://static.politifact.com.s3.amazonaws.com/politifact%2Fphotos%2FClinton_pic.jpg <span style='font-size: 8pt'>Former President Bill Clinton addresses the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C.</span>

Are Democratic presidents better than Republican presidents at job creation? Former President Bill Clinton said so -- forcefully -- in his speech to the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte.

"Since 1961, for 52 years now, the Republicans have held the White House 28 years, the Democrats 24," Clinton said. "In those 52 years, our private economy has produced 66 million private-sector jobs. So what's the jobs score? Republicans 24 million, Democrats 42 (million)." In the packed convention hall, it was one of the night’s biggest applause lines.

In 2010, we checked a similar claim from Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., who said that Democratic presidents "have been considerably more effective at creating private-sector jobs." After crunching the numbers back to President Harry Truman, we found that jobs did indeed grow faster under Democratic presidents when adjusted for a president’s years served in office. So we rated the claim True.

Clinton’s claim at the convention was worded differently, so we quickly re-crunched the numbers based on his specifications.

Let’s cut to the chase. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, here are the net increases in private-sector employment under each president, chronologically by party:

Republicans

Richard Nixon: Increase of 7.1 million jobs
Gerald Ford: Increase of 1.3 million jobs
Ronald Reagan: Increase of 14.7 million jobs
George H.W. Bush: Increase of 1.5 million jobs
George W. Bush: Decline of 646,000 jobs

Total: Increase of 23.9 million jobs under Republican presidents

Democrats

John F. Kennedy: Increase of 2.7 million jobs
Lyndon B. Johnson: Increase of 9.5 million jobs
Jimmy Carter: Increase of 9.0 million jobs
Bill Clinton: Increase of 20.8 million jobs
Barack Obama: Increase of 332,000 jobs

Total: Increase of 42.3 million jobs.

So Clinton is right. But we’ll bring up a few points worth noting.

This does not include government jobs

The combination of private-sector jobs and public-sector jobs is a broader measurement of job creation than private-sector alone. But excluding government jobs would presumably hurt Democrats more than Republicans, given the two parties’ historical stances toward the role of government. The fact that Democrats finished so far ahead despite taking government jobs off the table makes it a more impressive accomplishment.

The Democrats didn’t benefit from population growth

For our previous story, Brookings Institution economist Gary Burtless calculated that the U.S. working-age population actually grew slightly faster under Republican presidents, also making the Democratic accomplishment more impressive.

Presidents deserves less credit for the good times and less blame for the bad times

It's a truism of politics that when things go well, the president generally gets too much credit, and when things don't go well, the president usually gets too much blame. Shouldn't the Republican Congress of 1995-2001 get a share of the credit for Clinton's robust job growth? Shouldn't the Democratic House that served under Reagan? Most experts would say yes and yes.

Since we published our previous story, we have changed our policy: We now factor into our ratings whether the politician or party deserves credit or blame for the statistical trend being analyzed. In this item, though, we will not factor in credit or blame, because both parties have had presidents serve during the time we looked at, meaning that both parties would have benefited and suffered in roughly equal proportions.

It’s unclear how much this finding says about our political and economic systems

Job creation for each president depended to a certain extent on timing, external factors and luck. And as Yale political scientist David Mayhew pointed out for our previous story, conclusions drawn from a relatively narrow data set -- in this case, just 12 postwar presidencies -- need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Our ruling

Clinton’s figures check out, and they also mirror the broader results we came up with two years ago. Partisans are free to interpret these findings as they wish, but on the numbers, Clinton’s right. We rate his claim True.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style="color: #000099">Suck it, right-wingers! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </span></span>

eg8r
09-06-2012, 02:33 PM
LOL, I think it is funny that lefties are touting success for new jobs that pay less than the jobs they are replacing.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
09-06-2012, 02:51 PM
How many jobs has the GOP congress created? How many jobs bills have they proposed? How many jobs bills have they voted for? Go ahead and look up the numbers and get back to me. I'm prepared to wait patiently for your reply. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

LWW
09-06-2012, 02:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many jobs has the GOP congress created? How many jobs bills have they proposed? How many jobs bills have they voted for? Go ahead and look up the numbers and get back to me. I'm prepared to wait patiently for your reply. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif </div></div>

That would be SIXTEEN (http://randy.house.gov/uploads/10%2017%2011%20Final%201%20Pager%20For%20Jobs%20Ro undtable%20PDF.pdf) in the first eight months of his year alone.

Oddly enough ... the demokrooks have blocked all sixteen from coming to a vote, and their demotard supporters obeiently stand by and ask the same occutard question over and over.

Anything else I can help you with?

LWW
09-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Wht is a "TUTH - O - METER" anyway?

eg8r
09-06-2012, 07:21 PM
LOL, still is funny as crap that the lefties are touting success for creating new jobs that pay less than the ones they are replacing.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
09-06-2012, 07:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wht is a "TUTH - O - METER" anyway? </div></div>

LOL, You have me beat by about a thousand to one when it comes to misspellings and typos. Really Jerky, haven't you ever heard the one about people in glass houses? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

DiabloViejo
09-06-2012, 07:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many jobs has the GOP congress created? How many jobs bills have they proposed? How many jobs bills have they voted for? Go ahead and look up the numbers and get back to me. I'm prepared to wait patiently for your reply. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif </div></div>

That would be SIXTEEN (http://randy.house.gov/uploads/10%2017%2011%20Final%201%20Pager%20For%20Jobs%20Ro undtable%20PDF.pdf) in the first eight months of his year alone.

Oddly enough ... the demokrooks have blocked all sixteen from coming to a vote, and their demotard supporters obeiently stand by and ask the same occutard question over and over.

Anything else I can help you with? </div></div>

Thank you for taking the bait and walking right into the trap. I am on my way to shoot some pool right now (yeah it's that funny game with a table, some balls and cue sticks that you never play) and when I get back I am going to tear you a brand new a-hole. LOL! I'm sure you will appreciate it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
09-06-2012, 08:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wht is a "TUTH - O - METER" anyway? </div></div>

LOL, You have me beat by about a thousand to one when it comes to misspellings and typos. Really Jerky, haven't you ever heard the one about people in glass houses? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div>

Fats, another excellent post. Please refrain from calling Larry jerky. If they are the only ones throwing out personal insults, we win.

hondo
09-06-2012, 08:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many jobs has the GOP congress created? How many jobs bills have they proposed? How many jobs bills have they voted for? Go ahead and look up the numbers and get back to me. I'm prepared to wait patiently for your reply. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif </div></div>

Anything else I can help you with? </div></div>

Thank you for taking the bait and walking right into the trap. I am on my way to shoot some pool right now (yeah it's that funny game with a table, some balls and cue sticks that you never play) and when I get back I am going to tear you a brand new a-hole. LOL! I'm sure you will appreciate it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

I may stay up late! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

DiabloViejo
09-06-2012, 11:31 PM
WOW! SIXTEEN, COUNT 'EM, SIXTEEN GOP 'JOBS' BILLS! I'M HIGHLY IMPRESSED THERE, JERKY! LET'S TAKE A LOOK AT THOSE 'JOBS' BILLS SHALL WE?

H.R. 872: Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act of 2011

This summary was written by the Congressional Research Service, a nonpartisan arm of the Library of Congress.

6/21/2011--Reported to Senate without amendment.
(This measure has not been amended since it was passed by the House on March 31, 2011.

The summary of that version is repeated here.) Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act of 2011 -<span style="color: #CC0000"> Amends the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) and the Federal Water Pollution Control Act (commonly known as the Clean Water Act [CWA]) to prohibit the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or a state from requiring a permit under the CWA for a discharge from a point source into navigable waters of a pesticide authorized for sale, distribution, or use under FIFRA, or the residue of such a pesticide, resulting from the application of such pesticide.</span>

Exempts from such prohibition the following discharges containing a pesticide or pesticide residue:

(1) a discharge resulting from the application of a pesticide in violation of FIFRA that is relevant to protecting water quality, if the discharge would not have occurred but for the violation or the amount of pesticide or pesticide residue contained in the discharge is greater than would have occurred without the violation;

(2) stormwater discharges regulated under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES); and

(3) discharges regulated under NPDES of manufacturing or industrial effluent or treatment works effluent and discharges incidental to the normal operation of a vessel, including a discharge resulting from ballasting operations or vessel biofouling prevention.

H.R. 910: Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011

OFFICIAL SUMMARY

This summary was written by the Congressional Research Service, a nonpartisan arm of the Library of Congress.

4/7/2011--Passed House amended.

Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 - <span style="color: #CC0000">Amends the Clean Air Act to prohibit the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from promulgating any regulation concerning, taking action relating to, or taking into consideration the emission of a greenhouse gas (GHG) to address climate change.

Excludes GHGs from the definition of "air pollutant" for purposes of addressing climate change.</span>

Exempts from such prohibition:

(1) implementation and enforcement of the rule, "Light-Duty Vehicle Greenhouse Gas Emission Standards and Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards" and finalization, implementation, enforcement, and revision of the proposed rule, "Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Medium- and Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles";
(2) implementation of the renewable fuel program;
(3) statutorily authorized federal research, development, and demonstration programs and voluntary programs addressing climate change;
(4) implementation and enforcement of stratospheric ozone protection to the extent that such implementation or enforcement only involves class I or II substances; and
(5) implementation and enforcement of requirements for monitoring and reporting of carbon dioxide emissions.

<u>Provides that none of such exemptions shall cause a GHG to be subject to regulations relating to prevention of significant deterioration of air quality or considered an air pollutant for purposes of air pollution prevention and control permits.</u>

<span style="color: #CC0000">Repeals and makes ineffective the following rules and actions:

-"Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gases" -"Endangerment and Cause or Contribute Findings for Greenhouse Gases Under Section 202(a) of the Clean Air Act" -"Reconsideration of Interpretation of Regulations That Determine Pollutants Covered by Clean Air Act Permitting Programs" and the memorandum, "EPA's Interpretation of Regulations that Determine Pollutants Covered by Federal Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) Permit Program" -"Prevention of Significant Deterioration and Title V Greenhouse Gas Tailoring Rule" -"Action To Ensure Authority To Issue Permits Under the Prevention of Significant Deterioration Program to Sources of Greenhouse Gas Emissions: Finding of Substantial Inadequacy and SIP Call" -"Action To Ensure Authority To Issue Permits Under the Prevention of Significant Deterioration Program to Sources of Greenhouse Gas Emissions: Finding of Failure To Submit State Implementation Plan Revisions Required for Greenhouse Gases" -"Action to Ensure Authority To Issue Permits Under the Prevention of Significant Deterioration Program to Sources of Greenhouse Gas Emissions: Federal Implementation Plan" -"Action to Ensure Authority to Implement Title V Permitting Programs Under the Greenhouse Gas Tailoring Rule" -"Determinations Concerning Need for Error Correction, Partial Approval and Partial Disapproval, and Federal Implementation Plan Regarding Texas Prevention of Significant Deterioration Program" -"Limitation of Approval of Prevention of Significant Deterioration Provisions Concerning Greenhouse Gas Emitting-Sources in State Implementation Plans" -"Determinations Concerning Need for Error Correction, Partial Approval and Partial Disapproval, and Federal Implementation Plan Regarding Texas Prevention of Significant Deterioration Program; Proposed Rule" -Any other federal action under such Act occurring before this Act's enactment that applies a stationary source permitting requirement or an emissions standard for a GHG to address climate change.</span>

<u>Prohibits the Administrator from waiving, and invalidates waivers given by the Administrator before the enactment of this Act, the ban on states from adopting or enforcing standards relating to the control of emissions from new motor vehicles or engines with respect to GHG emissions for model year 2017 or any subsequent model year.</u>

H.J.Res. 37: Disapproving the rule submitted by the Federal Communications Commission with respect to regulating the Internet and broadband industry practices.

OFFICIAL SUMMARY

4/8/2011--Passed House without amendment. (This measure has not been amended since it was introduced.)

<span style="color: #CC0000">Expresses Congress's disapproval of the rule adopted by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on December 21, 2010, relating to preserving the open Internet and broadband industry practices. Prohibits such rule from having any force or effect.
</span>
H.R. 2018: Clean Water Cooperative Federalism Act of 2011
112th Congress, 2011–2012

<span style="color: #CC0000">To amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to preserve the authority of each State to make determinations relating to the State's water quality standards, and for other purposes.</span>

OFFICIAL SUMMARY

7/13/2011--Passed House amended.

Clean Water Cooperative Federalism Act of 2011 -

Section 2 -

<span style="color: #CC0000">Amends the Federal Water Pollution Control Act (commonly known as the Clean Water Act) to prohibit the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from: (1) promulgating a revised or new water quality standard for a pollutant when the Administrator has approved a state water quality standard for such pollutant unless the state concurs with the Administrator's determination that the revised or new standard is necessary to meet the requirements of such Act; (2) taking action to supersede a state's determination that a discharge will comply with effluent limitations, water quality standards, controls on the discharge of pollutants, and toxic and pretreatment effluent standards under such Act; </span>(3) withdrawing approval of a state program under the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), limiting federal financial assistance for a state NPDES program, or objecting to the issuance of a NPDES permit by a state on the basis that the Administrator disagrees with the state regarding the implementation of an approved water quality standard or the implementation of any federal guidance that directs the interpretation of such standard; and (4) prohibiting the specification of any defined area as a disposal site for the discharge of dredged or fill material into navigable waters and denying or restricting the use of such area as a disposal site in a permit if the state where the discharge originates does not concur with the Administrator's determination that the discharge will result in an unacceptable adverse effect on municipal water supplies, shellfish beds, and fishery areas.

Section 4 -

Shortens the period in which the Director of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service must submit comments with respect to a general dredge and fill permit application. Requires the Administrator and other agencies to submit comments on an application for a general permit or a permit to discharge into navigable waters at specified disposal sites within 30 days (or 60 days if additional time is requested) after the date of receipt of such application.
Section 5 -

Applies this Act to actions taken on or after this Act's date of enactment, including actions taken with respect to permit applications that are pending or revised or new standards that are being promulgated.

Section 6 -

Requires the Administrator to report on any increase or reduction in waterborne pathogenic microorganisms (including protozoa, viruses, bacteria, and parasites), toxic chemicals, or toxic metals (such as lead and mercury) in waters regulated by a state under this Act.

Section 7 -

Prohibits this Act from being construed to limit the authority of the Administrator to regulate a pipeline that crosses a streambed.

Section 8 -

Requires the Administrator, before issuing a regulation, policy statement, guidance, response to a petition, or other requirement or implementing a new or substantially altered program under this Act, to analyze the impact, disaggregated by state, of such action on employment levels and economic activity. Directs the Administrator to: (1) post such analysis on EPA's website; (2) request that the governor of any state experiencing more than a de minimis negative impact on employment levels or economic activity (a loss of more than 100 jobs or a decrease in economic activity of more than $1 million) post such analysis in the state's Capitol; (3) hold a public hearing in each state where such action will have more than a de minimis negative impact; and (4) give notice of such impact to states' congressional delegations, governors, and legislatures.

H.R. 1315: Consumer Financial Protection Safety and Soundness Improvement Act of 2011

OFFICIAL SUMMARY

7/21/2011--Passed House amended.

Title I - Consumer Financial Protection Safety and Soundness Improvement Act of 2011

Consumer Financial Protection Safety and Soundness Improvement Act of 2011 -

Section 102 -
<span style="color: #CC0000">Amends the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act to authorize the Chairperson of the Financial Stability Oversight Council to issue a stay of, or set aside, any regulation issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) upon the affirmative vote of the majority (currently, two-thirds) of Council members, excluding the Chair of the Commission of the CFPB (as provided for in this Act).</span>

Applies to a petition by nonvoting members of the Council for review of a CFPB final regulation the procedures and requirements that apply to a petition by an agency represented by a member of the Council. Authorizes an agency or a nonvoting member of the Council to make petitions on any subject matter, regardless of their areas of particular expertise.

Prohibits a Council member from voting on the decision to issue a stay of, or set aside, any regulation under Dodd-Frank if such member has, within the previous two-year period, been employed by any company or other entity that is subject to such regulation.

Section 103 -
Requires the Council, upon the petition of a member agency of the Council, to set aside a final regulation prescribed by the Bureau if the Council decides that such regulation is inconsistent with the safe and sound operations of U.S. financial institutions.
(Currently the Council is merely authorized, upon petition, to set aside a final regulation, but only if the regulation would put the safety and soundness of the U.S. banking system or the stability of the U.S. financial system at risk.) Repeals:
(1) the prohibition against Council set-aside of a regulation after expiration of a specified deadline (unless a stay is issued); and
(2) mandatory dismissal of a petition if the Council has not issued a decision by such deadline.
Requires Council meetings that are convened to issue a stay of, or set aside, any regulation to be open to public observation.
Requires the Council to provide live online streaming or broadcasting of the meetings.

Section 104 -
Establishes a Commission to serve as head of the Bureau, in lieu of a single Director, and to prescribe regulations and issue orders.

Prescribes the composition of the Commission as the Vice Chairman for Supervision of the Federal Reserve System and four additional members who shall be appointed by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate. Requires such members to have strong competencies and experiences related to consumer financial protection.

Recommends that they also should want to protect service members and their families who are sacrificing their lives for this country from abusive financial practices.

Requires one member of the Commission to have as his or her primary responsibility the oversight of CFPB activities pertaining to protecting consumers, with a focus on consumers who are older, minorities, youth, or veterans, from unfair, deceptive, and abusive lending practices.

Requires that no more than two members of the Commission be of the same political party.

Section 106 -
Designates the single calendar date for the transfer to the Bureau of the consumer financial protection functions of other specified agencies to be: (1) the date that would have been designated, but for the application of this Act, and (2) the date on which the Chair of the Commission of the Bureau is confirmed by the Senate.

Section 107 -
Directs the Inspector General of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the CFPB (IGs) to report annually to Congress and make accessible to the public:
(1) a list of all new rules, guidelines, and regulations prescribed by the CFPB within the previous fiscal year;
(2) a detailed list of all authority which the IGs believe overlaps with the efforts of other federal departments and agencies;
(3) all administrative expenses of the CFPB, including the amount spent on salaries, office supplies, and office space, and
(4) the current amount in the CFPB Fund.

Section 108 -
Requires the CFPB, each time it proposes a new rule or regulation, to carry out: (1) an initial regulatory flexibility analysis, including the financial impact of the proposed rule or regulation on all financial entities, regardless of size; and (2) an analysis of whether the proposed rule or regulation will impair the ability of individuals and small business to access credit from financial institutions.

Title II - FHA Refinance Program Termination Act

FHA Refinance Program Termination Act -

Section 202 -

Rescinds and permanently cancels all unexpended balances of certain amounts made available under the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act (EESA) that have been allocated for use under the FHA Refinance Program of the Making Home Affordable initiative of the Secretary of the Treasury.

Section 203 -

Declares null and void Mortgagee Letter 2010-23 of the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Prohibits HUD from:
(1) issuing any regulation, order, notice, or mortgagee letter based on or substantially similar to such Mortgagee Letter; or
(2) newly insuring any mortgage under the FHA Refinance Program except pursuant to a commitment to insure made before enactment of this Act. Directs HUD to:
(1) terminate the FHA Refinance Program, and
(2) study and report to Congress on the extent of its usage by and its impact upon, covered homeowners (members of the U.S. Armed Forces, veterans, members and veterans with service-connected disabilities [and their survivors and dependents], and persons eligible to receive a Gold Star lapel pin as a widow, parent, or next of kin of certain deceased members of the Armed Forces).

Section 204 -

Requires HUD to publish on its Website that: <span style="color: #CC0000">(1) the FHA Short Refinance Program has been terminated, and (2) individuals having trouble paying a mortgage and needing help contacting their lender or servicer to negotiate or acquire a loan modification should contact their Members of Congress to assist them.</span>

H.R. 2587: Protecting Jobs From Government Interference Act

<span style="color: #CC0000">To prohibit the National Labor Relations Board from ordering any employer to close, relocate, or transfer employment under any circumstance.</span>

OFFICIAL SUMMARY

9/15/2011--Passed House amended. (This measure has not been amended since it was reported to the House on July 25, 2011. The summary of that version is repeated here.)

Protecting Jobs From Government Interference Act -
<span style="color: #CC0000">Amends the National Labor Relations Act to deny the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) any power to: (1) order an employer (or seek an order against an employer) to restore or reinstate any work, product, production line, or equipment; (2) rescind any relocation, transfer, subcontracting, outsourcing, or other change regarding the location, entity, or employer who shall be engaged in production or other business operations; or (3) require any employer to make an initial or additional investment at a particular plant, facility, or location. Applies the amendment made by this Act to any complaint for which a final adjudication by the NLRB has not been made by the date of enactment.</span>

H.R. 2401: Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act of 2011

<span style="color: #CC0000">To require analyses of the cumulative and incremental impacts of certain rules and actions of the Environmental Protection Agency, and for other purposes.</span>

OFFICIAL SUMMARY

9/23/2011--Passed House amended. Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act of 2011 -

Section 2 -

Requires the President to establish the Committee for the Cumulative Analysis of Regulations that Impact Energy and Manufacturing in the United States to analyze and report on the cumulative and incremental impacts of covered rules and actions of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) concerning air, waste, water, and climate change.

<u><span style="color: #CC0000">Defines "covered rule" to mean: - the Clean Air Interstate Rule; -National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Ozone published on March 27, 2008; -National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Major Sources: Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters; - National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Area Sources: Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional Boilers; - National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants from Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units and Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Units; - Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System; Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities; -Primary National Ambient Air Quality Standard for Sulfur Dioxide; - Primary National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Nitrogen Dioxide; - National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants from the Portland Cement Manufacturing Industry and Standards of Performance for Portland Cement Plants; -any rule or guideline promulgated on or after January 1, 2009, under the Clean Air Act (CAA) concerning standards for performance for new or existing stationary sources to address climate change; -any rule or guideline promulgated on or after such date by the Administrator of EPA, a state, local government, or a permitting agency under or as the result of visibility protection for federal class I areas under the CAA; - any rule promulgated on or after such date establishing or modifying a national ambient air quality standard under the CAA; and - any rule promulgated on or after such date addressing fuels under emission standards for moving sources under the CAA as described in the Unified Agenda of Federal Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions under Regulatory Identification Number 2060-AQ86 or any substantially similar rule.</span></u>

<u>Defines "covered actions" to mean any action on or after January 1, 2009, by EPA, a state, a local government, or a permitting agency as a result of the application of specified CAA provisions (relating to permitting or to prevention of significant deterioration of air quality) with respect to an air pollutant that is identified as a greenhouse gas in "Endangerment and Cause or Contribute Findings for Greenhouse Gases Under Section 202(a) of the Clean Air Act," published on December 15, 2009.</u>

Section 3 -
Requires such Committee to conduct analyses, for each of the calendar years 2016, 2020, and 2030, of:
(1) the cumulative impact of covered rules that are promulgated as final regulations on or before January 1, 2012, in combination with covered actions;
(2) the cumulative impact of all covered rules (including covered rules that have not been promulgated as final regulations on or before January 1, 2012), in combination with covered actions; and
(3) the incremental impact of each covered rule not promulgated as a final regulation on or before such date, relative to an analytic baseline representing the results of the analysis of the cumulative impact of covered rules that are promulgated as final regulations on or before such date.

Requires each such analysis to include:
(1) estimates of the impacts of such rules and actions on the global economic competitiveness of the United States, electricity prices, fuel prices, employment, and the reliability and adequacy of bulk power supply in the United States; and
(2) a discussion and an assessment of the cumulative impact on consumers, small businesses, regional economies, state, local, and tribal governments, low-income communities, public health, local and industry-specific labor markets, and agriculture.

Section 4 -
Requires the Committee to submit a final report on such analyses by August 1, 2012, after the public is given an opportunity to submit comments.

Section 5 -
Prohibits the Administrator from issuing any proposed or final rule under the CAA relating to the national ambient air quality standards for ozone or particulate matter (including any modification of the Clean Air Interstate Rule) until three years after the submission of such report.

Requires the Administrator to:
(1) base such rule on actual monitored (and not modeled) data,
(2) allow the trading of emissions allowances among entities covered by the rule irrespective of the states in which such entities are located, and
(3) require state implementation of the standards established by such final rule no earlier than three years after its publication.

Nullifies the rule entitled "Federal Implementation Plans: Interstate Transport of Fine Particulate Matter and Ozone and Correction of SIP Approvals." Requires the Administrator, in place of such rule, to continue to implement the Clean Air Interstate Rule. Nullifies the proposed rule entitled "National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants From Coal- and Oil-Fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units and Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial- Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Units" and any final rule that is based on such proposed rule and issued prior to this Act's enactment.

Requires the Administrator, at least 12 months after the issuance of the Committee's report, to issue, in place of such rule:
(1) regulations establishing national emission standards for coal-and oil-fired electric utility steam generating units under the CAA with respect to each hazardous air pollutant; and
(2) regulations establishing standards of performance for fossil-fuel-fired electric utility, industrial-commercial-institutional, and small industrial-commercial-institutional steam generating units under Standards of Performance for New Stationary Sources. Requires the Administrator to require compliance with such regulationsno earlier than five years after their effective date.
Prohibits this Act from being construed to restrict or otherwise affect provisions concerning permit extensions and presidential exemptions from stationary source requirements under the CAA.

Requires the Administrator:
(1) for purposes of determining the maximum degree of reduction in emissions of hazardous air pollutants from coal- and oil-fired electric utility steam generating units that is deemed achievable for new sources, to identify the best controlled similar source for each source category or subcategory under actual operating conditions; and
(2) for purposes of determining emission standards of such pollutants for existing sources, to identify one group of sources that constitutes the best performing 12% of existing sources for each source category or subcategory under actual operating conditions.

Requires the Administrator to impose the least burdensome of emission standards for such generating units, fossil-fuel-fired electric utility, industrial-commercial-institutional, and small industrial-commercial-institutional steam generating units from among the range of regulatory alternatives authorized under the CAA, including work practice standards.

Section 6 -
Requires the Administrator, in establishing any national primary and secondary ambient air quality standard under the CAA, to take into consideration feasibility and cost.

Section 7 -
Authorizes appropriations. Offsets such appropriations by amending the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to reduce appropriations in FY2012 for the Diesel Emissions Reduction Program.

H.R. 2681: Cement Sector Regulatory Relief Act of 2011

OFFICIAL SUMMARY

10/6/2011--Passed House amended. (This measure has not been amended since it was reported to the House on September 26, 2011. The summary of that version is repeated here.)

Cement Sector Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 -
<span style="color: #CC0000">Provides that the following rules shall have no force or effect and shall be treated as though they had never taken effect: (1) National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants from the Portland Cement Manufacturing Industry and Standards of Performance for Portland Cement Plants; and (2) the Standards of Performance for New Stationary Sources and Emission Guidelines for Existing Sources: Commercial and Industrial Solid Waste Incineration Units, and Identification of Non-Hazardous Secondary Materials That are Solid Waste, insofar as such rules are applicable to the Portland cement manufacturing industry and Portland cement plants.</span> Requires the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), in place of such rules, to promulgate and finalize on the date that is 15 months after the date of the enactment of this Act regulations for the Portland cement manufacturing industry and Portland cement plants subject to such rules, that: (1) establish maximum achievable control technology standards, performance standards, and other requirements for hazardous air pollutants or solid waste combustion under the Clean Air Act; and (2) identify non-hazardous secondary materials that, when used as fuels or ingredients in combustion units of such industry and plants, are solid waste under the Solid Waste Disposal Act for purposes of determining the extent to which such combustion units are required to meet emission standards for such pollutants under such Act. Requires the Administrator to establish a date for compliance with standards and requirements under such regulations, which shall be no earlier than five years after such regulation's effective date after considering compliance costs, non-air quality health and environmental impacts and energy requirements, the feasibility of implementation, the availability of equipment, suppliers, and labor, and potential net employment impacts. Treats the date on which the Administrator proposes such a regulation establishing an emission standard as the proposal date for purposes of applying the definition of a "new source" to hazardous air pollutants requirements or of a "new solid waste incineration unit" to solid waste combustion requirements under the Clean Air Act. Requires the Administrator, in promulgating such regulations, to: (1) adopt the definitions of "commercial and industrial solid waste incineration unit," "commercial and industrial waste," and "contained gaseous material" in the rule entitled Standards for Performance of New Stationary Sources and Emission Guidelines for Existing Sources: Commercial and Industrial Solid Waste Incineration Units; (2) identify non-hazardous secondary material to be solid waste only if the material meets such definitions; (3) ensure that emissions standards for existing and new sources can be met under actual operating conditions consistently and concurrently with emission standards for all other air pollutants regulated by the rule for the source category, taking into account variability in actual source performance, source design, fuels, inputs, controls, ability to measure the pollutant emissions, and operating conditions; and (4) impose the least burdensome regulatory alternative.

H.R. 2250: EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011

OFFICIAL SUMMARY

10/13/2011--Passed House amended. (This measure has not been amended since it was reported to the House on September 26, 2011. The summary of that version is repeated here.)

EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 -
<span style="color: #CC0000">Provides that the following rules shall have no force or effect and shall be treated as though they had never taken effect: (1) the National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Major Sources: Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters; (2) the National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Area Sources: Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional Boilers; (3) the Standards of Performance for New Stationary Sources and Emission Guidelines for Existing Sources: Commercial and Industrial Solid Waste Incineration Units; and (4) Identification of Non-Hazardous Secondary Materials That are Solid Waste. </span>

Requires the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), in place of such rules, to promulgate and finalize on the date that is 15 months after the date of the enactment of this Act regulations for industrial, commercial, and institutional boilers and process heaters and commercial and industrial solid waste incinerator units subject to such rules, that: (1) establish maximum achievable control technology standards, performance standards, and other requirements for hazardous air pollutants or solid waste combustion under the Clean Air Act; and (2) identify non-hazardous secondary materials that, when used as fuels or ingredients in combustion units of such boilers, heaters, or incinerator units, are solid waste under the Solid Waste Disposal Act for purposes of determining the extent to which such combustion units are required to meet emission standards for such pollutants under such Act. Requires the Administrator to establish a date for compliance with standards and requirements under such regulations, which shall be no earlier than five years after such a regulation's effective date, after considering compliance costs, non-air quality health and environmental impacts and energy requirements, the feasibility of implementation, the availability of equipment, suppliers, and labor, and potential net employment impacts. Treats the date on which the Administrator proposes such a regulation establishing an emission standard as the proposal date for purposes of applying the definition of a "new source" to hazardous air pollutants requirements or of a "new solid waste incineration unit" to solid waste combustion requirements under the Clean Air Act. Requires the Administrator, in promulgating such regulations, to: (1) adopt the definitions of "commercial and industrial solid waste incineration unit," "commercial and industrial waste," and "contained gaseous material" in the rule entitled Standards for Performance of New Stationary Sources and Emission Guidelines for Existing Sources: Commercial and Industrial Solid Waste Incineration Units; (2) identify non-hazardous secondary material to be solid waste only if the material meets such definitions; (3) ensure that emissions standards for existing and new sources can be met under actual operating conditions consistently and concurrently with emission standards for all other air pollutants regulated by the rule for the source category, taking into account variability in actual source performance, source design, fuels, inputs, controls, ability to measure the pollutant emissions, and operating conditions; and (4) impose the least burdensome regulatory alternative.

H.R. 2273: Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act

OFFICIAL SUMMARY

10/14/2011--Passed House amended. Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act -

Section 2 -
Amends the Solid Waste Disposal Act to authorize states to adopt and implement coal combustion residuals permit programs. Requires each state governor to notify the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) within six months about whether such state will implement such a program. Requires states that decide to implement such a program to: (1) submit to the Administrator within 36 months a certification that such program meets the specifications of this Act; and (2) maintain either an approved municipal solid waste program for the control of hazardous disposal or an authorized state hazardous waste program. Establishes minimum requirements for coal combustion residuals permit programs. Requires: (1) the revised criteria established by this Act to apply to such programs; (2) landfills, surface impoundments, or other land-based units that may receive coal combustion residuals (structures) to be designed, constructed, and maintained to provide for containment of the maximum volumes of coal combustion residuals appropriate for the structure; (3) such programs to apply such revised criteria to surface impoundments; and (4) new structures that first receive coal combustion residuals after this Act's enactment to be constructed with a base located a minimum of two feet above the upper limit of the natural water table. Authorizes: (1) state agency heads to require action to correct structural integrity deficiencies according to a schedule for structures that are classified as posing a high hazard potential pursuant to the guidelines published by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) entitled "Federal Guidelines for Dam Safety: Hazard Potential Classification System for Dams"; (2) state agency heads to require that such a structure close if such deficiency is not corrected according to such schedule; (3) states to inspect structures and implement and enforce such permit program; and (4) states to address wind dispersal of dust from coal combustion residuals by requiring dust control measures. Sets forth revised criteria for such programs with respect to: (1) design, groundwater monitoring, corrective action, and closure and post-closure for structures; (2) location restrictions for new structures in floodplains, wetlands, fault areas, seismic impact zones, and unstable areas; (3) criteria for air quality, financial assurance, surface water, and record keeping; (4) criteria for run-on and run-off control systems for landfills and other land-based units, other than surface impoundments that receive coal combustion residuals; and (5) run-off control systems for surface impoundments. Authorizes states to determine that such criteria is not needed for the management of their coal combustion residuals permit program. Authorizes the Administrator to treat such state determination as a deficiency if it does not accurately reflect the needs for the management of coal combustion residuals in the state. Requires the Administrator to provide a state with notice of, and an opportunity to remedy, deficiencies. Requires the Administrator to implement such a program for a state only if: (1) the governor of such state notifies the Administrator that such state will not implement a program, (2) the state is notified of, but fails to remedy, program deficiencies, or (3) the state notifies the Administrator that it will no longer implement such a program. Sets forth provisions concerning resumption of implementation by states. Requires the time period and method for a structure's closure to be set forth in a schedule in a closure plan that takes into account the site-specific characteristics of such structure. Directs the closure plan for a surface impoundment to require the removal of liquid and the stabilization of remaining waste as necessary to support the final cover. Prohibits the Administrator from applying such programs to the utilization, placement, and storage of coal combustion residuals at surface mining and reclamation operations.

Section 3 -
Prohibits this Act from being construed to alter the EPA's regulatory determination, entitled "Notice of Regulatory Determination on Wastes from the Combustion of Fossil Fuels," that the fossil fuel combustion wastes addressed in that determination do not warrant regulation under such Act.

H.R. 1230: Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act

<span style="color: #CC0000">To require the Secretary of the Interior to conduct certain offshore oil and gas lease sales, and for other purposes.</span>

OFFICIAL SUMMARY

5/5/2011--Passed House without amendment. (This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The expanded summary of the House reported version is repeated here.)

Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act -

Section 2 -
Directs the Secretary of the Interior to conduct specified proposed offshore oil and gas lease sales as follows: (1) lease sale 216 in the Central Gulf of Mexico within four months after enactment of this Act; (2) lease sale 218 in the Western Gulf of Mexico within eight months after enactment of this Act; (3) lease sale 220 on the Outer Continental Shelf offshore Virginia within one year after enactment of this Act; and (4) lease sale 222 in the Central Gulf of Mexico no later than June 1, 2012.

Section 4 -
Prohibits the Secretary from making any Offshore Virginia tract available for leasing if it would conflict with military operations. Declares that, for purposes of such proposed lease sales, specified Environmental Impact Statements are deemed to satisfy the requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969.

H.R. 1229: Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act

To amend the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act to facilitate the safe and timely production of American energy resources from the Gulf of Mexico, to require the Secretary of the Interior to conduct certain offshore oil and gas lease sales, and for other purposes.

OFFICIAL SUMMARY

5/16/2011--Passed House amended. Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act -

Title I - Amendment to the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act

Section 101 -
Amends the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act to direct the Secretary of the Interior (who currently is only authorized) to require that any lessee operating under an approved exploration plan obtain: (1) a permit before drilling any well in accordance with such plan, and (2) a new permit before drilling any well of a design significantly different from the design for which an existing permit was issued. Prohibits the Secretary from issuing a permit without ensuring that the proposed drilling operations meet all: (1) critical safety system requirements including blowout prevention, and (2) oil spill response and containment requirements. Requires the Secretary to decide whether to issue a permit within 30 days after receiving an application. Allows up to two 15-day extensions of such deadline. Prescribes implementation procedures. Imposes a deadline for certain permit applications under existing leases.

Section 102 -
Directs the Secretary to extend by one year the term of an oil and gas lease (covered lease) for the Gulf of Mexico outer Continental Shelf (OCS) region that: (1) was not producing as of April 30, 2010; or (2) was suspended from operations, permit processing, or consideration in accordance with either the moratorium set forth in the Minerals Management Service Notice to Lessees and Operators No. 2010, or the decision memorandum regarding the suspension of certain offshore permitting and drilling activities on the OCS, dated July 12, 2010; and (3) by its terms would expire on or before December 31, 2011. States that the extension of such covered leases is in addition to any suspension of operations or of production granted by the Minerals Management Service or Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement after May 1, 2010.

Title II - Judicial Review of Agency Actions Relating to Outer Continental Shelf Activities in the Gulf of Mexico

Section 201 -
Defines a covered civil action as one seeking relief (other than money damages) and stating a claim that an agency or an agency officer or employee acted or failed to act in an official capacity or under color of legal authority regarding a covered energy project in the Gulf of Mexico. Defines such a covered energy project as the leasing of federal lands of the OCS (including submerged lands) for the exploration, development, production, processing, or transmission of oil, natural gas, wind, or any other source of energy in the Gulf of Mexico, as well as any action under such a lease. Excludes from the meaning of covered energy project any disputes between the parties to a lease regarding the obligations under such lease, including any alleged breach of the lease.

Section 202 -
Establishes any district court within the Fifth Circuit as the exclusive venue for covered civil actions relating to covered energy projects in the Gulf of Mexico, unless there is no proper venue within that circuit.

Section 203 -
Bars a covered civil action unless it is filed within 60 days after the final federal action to which it relates.

Section 204 -
Requires the court to try to hear and determine any covered action as expeditiously as possible.

Section 205 -
Makes a presumption, in any judicial review of a covered civil action, that the administrative findings and conclusions relating to the challenged federal action or decision are correct. Allows rebuttal of this presumption only by the preponderance of the evidence contained in the administrative record.

Section 206 -
Prohibits a court from granting or approving any prospective relief unless it finds that such relief: (1) is narrowly drawn, (2) extends no further than necessary to correct the violation of a legal requirement, and (3) is the least intrusive means necessary to correct the violation.

Section 207 -
Prohibits federal payment of attorneys' fees, expenses, and other court costs to any party in a covered civil action under this Act.

Title III - Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act
Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act -

Section 302 -
Directs the Secretary of the Interior to conduct specified proposed offshore oil and gas lease sales as follows: (1) lease sale 216 in the Central Gulf of Mexico within four months after enactment of this Act; (2) lease sale 218 in the Western Gulf of Mexico within eight months after enactment of this Act; (3) lease sale 220 on the Outer Continental Shelf offshore Virginia within one year after enactment of this Act; and (4) lease sale 222 in the Central Gulf of Mexico no later than June 1, 2012.

Section 304 -
Prohibits the Secretary from making any Offshore Virginia tract available for leasing if it would conflict with military operations. Declares that, for purposes of such proposed lease sales, specified Environmental Impact Statements are deemed to satisfy the requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969.

H.R. 1231: Reversing President Obama’s Offshore Moratorium Act

To amend the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act to require that each 5-year offshore oil and gas leasing program offer leasing in the areas with the most prospective oil and gas resources, to establish a domestic oil and natural gas production goal, and for other purposes.

OFFICIAL SUMMARY

5/17/2011--Passed House amended. Reversing President Obama's Offshore Moratorium Act - Amends the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act to direct the Secretary of the Interior to make available for leasing and to conduct lease sales including: (1) at least 50% of the available unleased acreage within each outer Continental Shelf (OCS) planning area considered to have the largest undiscovered, technically recoverable oil and gas resources (on a total btu basis) based upon the most recent national geologic assessment of the OCS, with an emphasis on offering the most geologically prospective parts of the planning area; and (2) any state subdivision of an OCS planning area that the Governor of such state requests be made available for leasing. Directs the Secretary, in the 2012-2017 5-year oil and gas leasing program, to make available for leasing OCS planning areas that: (1) are estimated to contain more than 2.5 billion barrels of oil; or (2) are estimated to contain more than 7.5 trillion cubic feet of natural gas. Directs the Secretary, in developing a 5-year oil and gas leasing program, to determine a domestic strategic production goal for the development of oil and natural gas. Makes the production goal for the 2012-2017 5-year oil and gas leasing program an increase by 2027 in daily production of at least: (1) 3 million barrels of oil, and (2) 10 billion cubic feet of natural gas.

H.R. 2021: Jobs and Energy Permitting Act of 2011

<span style="color: #CC0000">To amend the Clean Air Act regarding air pollution from Outer Continental Shelf activities.</span>

OFFICIAL SUMMARY

6/22/2011--Passed House without amendment. (This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The summary of that version is repeated here.)

Jobs and Energy Permitting Act of 2011 - <span style="color: #CC0000">Amends the Clean Air Act to require any air quality impact of Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) sources to be measured or modeled and determined solely with respect to the impacts in the corresponding onshore area. Provides that: (1) emissions from any vessel servicing or associated with an OCS source, including emissions while at the OCS source or in route to or from the OCS source within 25 miles of the OCS source, shall be considered direct emissions from the OCS source (current law) but shall not be subject to any emission control requirement applicable to such source;</span> and (2) an OCS source, for platform or drill ship exploration, is established when drilling commences at a location and ceases to exist when drilling activity ends at such location or is temporarily interrupted because the platform or drill ship relocates. Requires: (1) final agency action on a permit application for platform or drill ship exploration for an OCS source under such Act to be taken no later than six months after the filing of such application; (2) such final agency action to be considered to be nationally applicable under judicial review; and (3) judicial review of such action to be without additional administrative review or adjudication. Prohibits: (1) the Environmental Appeals Board of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from having any authority to consider any matter regarding the consideration, issuance, or denial of such permit; and (2) extending any administrative stay of the effectiveness of such permit beyond six months after the date of filing of such application.

H.R. 1938: North American-Made Energy Security Act

<span style="color: #CC0000">To direct the President to expedite the consideration and approval of the construction and operation of the Keystone XL oil pipeline, and for other purposes.</span>

OFFICIAL SUMMARY

7/26/2011--Passed House amended. North American-Made Energy Security Act - Directs the President, acting through the Secretary of Energy (DOE), to coordinate with each federal agency responsible for coordinating or considering an aspect of the President's National Interest Determination and Presidential Permit decision regarding construction and operation of the Keystone XL pipeline (from Hardisty, Alberta, to Steele City, Nebraska, and then on to the U.S. Gulf Coast through Cushing, Oklahoma) to ensure that all necessary actions are taken on an expedited schedule. Requires each such agency to comply with any deadline the Secretary establishes. Directs the President, within 30 days after the final environmental impact statement, but not later than November 1, 2011, to issue a final order granting or denying the Presidential Permit for the Keystone XL pipeline. States that no action by the Secretary pursuant to this Act shall affect any duty or responsibility to comply with any requirement to conduct environmental review. Declares the sense of Congress that: (1) the United States must decrease its dependence on oil from countries hostile to its interests, and (2) increased access to Canadian energy resources will create jobs in the United States.

H.Con.Res.34 - Establishing the budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2012 and setting forth appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2013 through 2021.<span style="color: #000099">(Really? The House Budget resolution is a 'jobs' bill! Holy Sh*t, that's outstanding there Gump, you are a freaking genius!)</span>

<span style="color: #000099">OK so basically what we have here are a bunch of bills designed to weaken environmental laws, gifts to the oil and energy industry, a gift to the Portland cement industry, and a whole lot of BS. BUT NOT A SINGLE REAL, HONEST TO GOD PROPOSAL TO HELP PUT AVERAGE AMERICANS BACK TO WORK! Jobs Bills, my azz! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Oh and here's some facts about the Keystone XL pipeline for you (not that they will be able to get past your thick Neanderthal skull): http://www.tarsandsaction.org/spread-the-word/key-facts-keystone-xl/</span>

Republican Jobs Bills Won't Actually Create Jobs, Say Economists
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/24/republican-jobs-bills_n_1687647.html#slide=1227030

<span style="color: #000099">OK Dub, you can go back to polishing your GOP turds now.</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
09-07-2012, 04:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, I think it is funny that lefties are touting success for new jobs that pay less than the jobs they are replacing.

eg8r </div></div>

They are also touting the worst performance of the last ten regimes as a success.

hondo
09-07-2012, 07:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, I think it is funny that lefties are touting success for new jobs that pay less than the jobs they are replacing.

eg8r </div></div>

They are also touting the worst performance of the last ten regimes as a success. </div></div>

Weak comeback IMHO.

LWW
09-07-2012, 09:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, I think it is funny that lefties are touting success for new jobs that pay less than the jobs they are replacing.

eg8r </div></div>

They are also touting the worst performance of the last ten regimes as a success. </div></div>

Weak comeback IMHO. </div></div>

Truth hurts?

Soflasnapper
09-07-2012, 10:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, still is funny as crap that the lefties are touting success for creating new jobs that pay less than the ones they are replacing.

eg8r </div></div>

That's the formula everyone agrees happens when people who become unemployed get a job again, in mediocre economical times.

Typically, they cannot possibly get a job paying the same, are forced to take a lesser paying job (to the great applause of the tough on the poor crowd), and may have to take two such McJobs to pay their bills.

Totally typical, and simply a function of supply and demand of labor.

So, you are amused by what must be the case, and think it is only the fault of... (not sure)... lefties, apparently.

Romney talked of this, and with approval. How someone making $20 dollars plus benefits who loses that job has to take two $9 an hour jobs. Not mentioned as a bad thing, but how people have to get along.

What is considered bad is when people decline jobs because the new offered jobs are at a lower station and pay than they were at, and stay on unemployment benefits instead.

Soflasnapper
09-07-2012, 10:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, I think it is funny that lefties are touting success for new jobs that pay less than the jobs they are replacing.

eg8r </div></div>

Hilarious again.

There have been more private jobs gained in this recovery than during both the Bushs' three terms in office.

So you may have a unique idea of performance or ten regimes.

Or, more likely, mistake the RECESSION (which was indeed as bad as any going back 10 administrations or however many it is back to Hoover/FDR) for the RECOVERY.

You may think, well, if the recovery is not bad, why are we still in deep kimche? Must be a bad recovery!

Not entirely stupid thinking, but the alternative, and the truth, is, that although this has been a decent recovery, what preceded it was indeed that bad so as to make the progress so far seem far less than it is.

eg8r
09-07-2012, 11:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There have been more private jobs gained in this recovery than during both the Bushs' three terms in office.</div></div>LOL, basically what you are saying is that you think Obama deserves a pat on the back for getting 4.5 million people fired just to bring them back for less money. That is hilarious. They surely aren't better off than they were before they were laid off. Talk about leaving the middle class behind.

eg8r

eg8r
09-07-2012, 11:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's the formula everyone agrees happens when people who become unemployed get a job again, in mediocre economical times.</div></div>LOL, you are so zoomed in you are arguing that the straight line you see can in no way possibly be part of a circle. The problem is that you need to zoom back out to the question as to whether or not those Americans are better off now than they were 4 years ago. 4 years ago they had better paying jobs. Now they don't. That is NOT better off. Now if the question was "are they better off than they were 29 months ago" well then you might have a point.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
09-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Since I care about you and LWW and I realize that you are both thoroughly full of sh*t..here are links to high colonic irrigation providers in each of your home towns. Try it and you'll each lose 50 lbs of impacted waste, plus it will clear up your thinking and your sh*tty attitudes! Hell, maybe you can invite lloter to join you, that way you guys can shoot the sh*t while you enjoy the treatment! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Orlando/Kissimee: http://www.colonics4bodywellness.com/Colonics.html

Dayton OH:
http://www.drloechinger.com/colon-hydrotherapy/

BTW, if either or both of you can't afford it or can't make it to the clinic due to time constraints there is always the DIY option. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif :

http://www.enemakit.com/images/withbottles_400.jpg

hondo
09-07-2012, 03:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since I care about you and LWW and I realize that you are both thoroughly full of sh*t..here are links to high colonic irrigation providers in each of your home towns. Try it and you'll each lose 50 lbs of impacted waste, plus it will clear up your thinking and your sh*tty attitudes! Hell, maybe you can invite lloter to join you, that way you guys can shoot the sh*t while you enjoy the treatment! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Orlando/Kissimee: http://www.colonics4bodywellness.com/Colonics.html

Dayton OH:
http://www.drloechinger.com/colon-hydrotherapy/

BTW, if either or both of you can't afford it or can't make it to the clinic due to time constraints there is always the DIY option. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif :

http://www.enemakit.com/images/withbottles_400.jpg </div></div>
Your compassion for your fellow man is heart-warming, Fats.

DiabloViejo
09-07-2012, 03:39 PM
It is, isn't it? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

eg8r
09-07-2012, 06:46 PM
You just absolutely hate the facts.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
09-08-2012, 01:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You just absolutely hate the facts.

eg8r </div></div>

No not at all, I love the facts! And the facts are that you LWW, lloter, Grapenut, and the rest of the right wing buffoons here, are absolutely, positively, 100% full of s**t. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

BTW, since according to you I am "cartoon boy"...here's a cartoon for you, it's Mitt feeding you all your favorite right wing dessert! Bon Appetit! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

http://www.zinasaunders.com/pages/politics/images/Mitt-Apple-Pie.jpg

Qtec
09-08-2012, 04:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> LOL, I think it is funny</div></div> when presented with cold hard facts that don't fit in with your warped views you gio into denial and change the subject.

Q

eg8r
09-08-2012, 03:26 PM
LOL, I provided cold hard facts and they make you squirm.

eg8r

LWW
09-08-2012, 05:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, I think it is funny that lefties are touting success for new jobs that pay less than the jobs they are replacing.

eg8r </div></div>

Hilarious again.

There have been more private jobs gained in this recovery than during both the Bushs' three terms in office.

So you may have a unique idea of performance or ten regimes.

Or, more likely, mistake the RECESSION (which was indeed as bad as any going back 10 administrations or however many it is back to Hoover/FDR) for the RECOVERY.

You may think, well, if the recovery is not bad, why are we still in deep kimche? Must be a bad recovery!

Not entirely stupid thinking, but the alternative, and the truth, is, that although this has been a decent recovery, what preceded it was indeed that bad so as to make the progress so far seem far less than it is. </div></div>

Actually that's a proven lie ... but it's the lie you wanted to hear.

LWW
09-08-2012, 05:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, I provided cold hard facts and they make you squirm.

eg8r </div></div>

I will give him credit ... he doesn't descend into vulgarity, when presented with the truth, like Diablow and his queen.

DiabloViejo
09-08-2012, 06:55 PM
LOL! KMA, GFY, and have another slice of Mitt's pie a la merde! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
09-08-2012, 09:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, I provided cold hard facts and they make you squirm.

eg8r </div></div>

I will give him credit ... he doesn't descend into vulgarity, when presented with the truth, like Diablow and his queen. </div></div>

Or Eg. I'm guessing that was a subtle message to Eg. If so, I'm kinda proud of you.

eg8r
09-09-2012, 02:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No not at all, I love the facts! </div></div>Well then instead of getting pissy when they don't support your side, change your attitude and accept that the world is not as your dream it to be.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
09-09-2012, 02:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No not at all, I love the facts! </div></div>Well then instead of getting pissy when they don't support your side, change your attitude and accept that the world is not as your dream it to be.

eg8r </div></div>

Pffffttt! Physician, heal thyself!

hondo
09-09-2012, 03:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No not at all, I love the facts! </div></div>Well then instead of getting pissy when they don't support your side, change your attitude and accept that the world is not as your dream it to be.

eg8r </div></div>

Hilarious. Pot , meet kettle. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

eg8r
09-10-2012, 09:22 AM
LOL, what were you whining about the other day...oh yeah it was shadow-posting. Might you perform this introduction to yourself?

eg8r

hondo
09-10-2012, 01:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, what were you whining about the other day...oh yeah it was shadow-posting. Might you perform this introduction to yourself?

eg8r </div></div>

Then why are you still doing it? Cease and desist, asir!

eg8r
09-10-2012, 08:16 PM
LOL, sorry dillhole but you are the one following me along like a little lost dog. Every time I post I can smell you around the corner. Nasty little thing aren't you?

eg8r

hondo
09-10-2012, 08:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, sorry dillhole but you are the one following me along like a little lost dog. Every time I post I can smell you around the corner. Nasty little thing aren't you?

eg8r </div></div>

What do you think, guys? He can obviously say anything he wants.

hondo
09-10-2012, 08:32 PM
What are the rules of conduct for the forum?

Registration as a user implies acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- Participants shall not post any material that is likely to cause offence.

What a joke, huh, folks? Eg has called practically all of us every name in the book.