PDA

View Full Version : Dick Morris: Hillary Obama's hostage to be killed?

Soflasnapper
09-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Dick Morris has said a lot of stupid things.

He almost has the undisputed crown for wrong political prognostications. Look it up for some prize examples, which aren't the subject I raise in this post.

What I raise here is this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Fox's Dick Morris: Clinton "Wants Obama Defeated" But Won't Say "Because His Wife Is A Hostage ... They'll Kill Her If He Loses" </span> </div></div>

Video here. (http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/09/06/foxs-dick-morris-clinton-wants-obama-defeated-b/189764)

Maybe it's just me, but this doesn't strike me as any kind of joke on Morris' part, but something he is seriously stating as an alleged fact.

LWW
09-10-2012, 11:11 AM
He isn't the first to claim that.

It has also been claimed that the Obama campaign threatened to murder Bill and Chelsea if Hillary pursued the BC issue.

Gayle in MD
09-10-2012, 11:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dick Morris has said a lot of stupid things.

He almost has the undisputed crown for wrong political prognostications. Look it up for some prize examples, which aren't the subject I raise in this post.

What I raise here is this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Fox's Dick Morris: Clinton "Wants Obama Defeated" But Won't Say "Because His Wife Is A Hostage ... They'll Kill Her If He Loses" </span> </div></div>

Video here. (http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/09/06/foxs-dick-morris-clinton-wants-obama-defeated-b/189764)

Maybe it's just me, but this doesn't strike me as any kind of joke on Morris' part, but something he is seriously stating as an alleged fact.

</div></div>

Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to RW slander.

We have had thirty plus years of irrational, plumb crazy, Republican lies, slander and totally absurd accusations.

It's the only thing Republicans know how to do, lie, cheat, deceive, exploit and slander.

Pretty much the only thing they do on-line, as well.

Dick Morris is in the same category as Man Coulter, Mitch McConnelll, Ryan, Cantor, Norquist, Rove and Rush Limpballs.

The only people who believe his BS are the same people who believe Lying RW nutjobs like Hannity.

G.

eg8r
09-10-2012, 11:50 AM
So do you think all of it is untrue? Some of it? Which part? If Obama did lose do you think hitlary would keep her job? Would she be offered any job in the Romney administration? If she lost her job and was not offered any other position, instad of calling it "killing her" what would you call it? Would the outcome be any different based on the change of phrase?

eg8r

LWW
09-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Isn't it amazing that when DM was saving the Clinton's bacon te moonbat crazy left proclaimed him to be a great patriot of the people ... now, they denounce him or doing the same thing because he does so against their current godking.

Soflasnapper
09-10-2012, 04:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So do you think all of it is untrue? Some of it? Which part? If Obama did lose do you think hitlary would keep her job? Would she be offered any job in the Romney administration? If she lost her job and was not offered any other position, instad of calling it "killing her" what would you call it? Would the outcome be any different based on the change of phrase?

eg8r </div></div>

It's possible he meant hostage and killing in metaphoric ways.

I did not take it that way, and it really makes little sense that way.

HRC's already said she is out as of the end of this term, whether O wins or loses. It's fairly inconceivable that a slight from WJC towards the O campaign would get her fired now, a couple of months away from completing the term, and even if that were the case, it would hardly be devastating to her future career chances. If anything, getting distanced by the O team itself might enhance her credibility down the road, whether O's returned or dismissed from office in November.

I think Morris meant the O team would kill HRC, in a literal sense. I think that's insane commentary, even for Morris.

Soflasnapper
09-10-2012, 04:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't it amazing that when DM was saving the Clinton's bacon te moonbat crazy left proclaimed him to be a great patriot of the people ... now, they denounce him or doing the same thing because he does so against their current godking. </div></div>

Geeze you are full of it (again).

The Clintonistas, let alone The Left (TM), were in fear and loathing of Morris.

Why? He'd been a hired gun for Jesse Helms and some other far right political figures.

Clinton even kept the fact of his consultations with Morris somewhat a secret because of how much his regular team hated the guy. And there was no love for him further left than the Clinton team.

Where do you these fever dream versions of the past from? Alternate history novels, or what?

There was massive relief by the Clinton loyalists and regulars and The Left (TM) when he toasted himself with the toe-sucking-enabling hooker problem and had to resign from the re-election campaign, as of the convention time, iirc.

LWW
09-10-2012, 04:58 PM
That expains why DM started wrking for Clinton in 1978.

Seek help.

Soflasnapper
09-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Worked with him in that year? Yes.

Worked with him after that year? Not that I've seen evidence of so far.

Worked with him in his original 1992 bid for the presidency? No, he did not. He was already being a Republican consultant at the time, with Jesse Helms and Trent Lott, etc.

And rather famously, and exactly as I said, when Clinton did turn to him in '95 in the re-election, it was first in secret, and to the horror of his regular Clintonista crew.

No national Democrats or party regulars or those of The Left applauded Morris, and he was not part of the Clinton team when they first went national in the '92 election season. He was playing for the other team by that time.

And what is DM most associated with, besides triangulation in general (which of course the mainstream Democrats hated, and The Left hated still more?)? It was his advise for Clinton not to veto the welfare reform bill a third time, but to sign that last one. Why? To win the election? Not really. Morris said Clinton would win either way, just win more easily and by a larger margin if he signed it. Democrats, and The Left, despised this advice, and Morris for giving it, and somewhat, despised the Big Dog himself for following it.

eg8r
09-11-2012, 09:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's possible he meant hostage and killing in metaphoric ways.</div></div>OH you think? Just like it is possible the 90 year old woman was talking about killing Obama?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did not take it that way, and it really makes little sense that way.</div></div>LOL, you started this thread thinking Morris was speaking literal doesn't make any sense. Just like righties thinking the 90 year old woman might take action against Obama. Don't get me wrong, maybe the authorities should watch every move Obama makes to ensure hitlary's safety.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
09-11-2012, 06:31 PM
LOL, you started this thread thinking Morris was speaking literal doesn't make any sense.

This is Dick Morris we're talking about. He rarely makes sense. I still don't know what 'hostage' and 'killing her' could possibly mean in this context, if not exactly what those words mean. I've already laid out those questions. She's going to be out of the administration in a couple of months. In what respect, other than actual mortality, can Obama & co. 'kill her'?

The 90-year old referred to Romney, not Obama.

eg8r
09-11-2012, 06:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is Dick Morris we're talking about. He rarely makes sense.</div></div>What did not make sense was your take on what Morris said. Anyone using their brains would come to the conclusion that he did not actually mean take her hostage and kill her.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
09-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Please offer any slightly plausible explanation that isn't what I said. I don't see one.

I ask anybody to weigh in. Can ANYONE HERE describe what Morris might have meant, other than what he literally said, and which I quoted?

Buehler?

Gayle in MD
09-13-2012, 08:24 AM
I think one could chalk it up to the usual incendiary Republican style of speaking, which requires lies, embroidered with references to death, killing, guns, anarchy, and all the other buzz words and dog whistles that they think can further tear the country apart.

Republicans have lost the ability to communicate like rational human beings, and in the process, with the aid of their own Propaganda media, they have created a whole segment of our society who are drawn to hate, lies, and incendiary forms of speaking.

This has caused great damage in our society.

Romney has been speaking the hate speak throughout his campaign.

Republicans are now known for this form of hate spewing, and Morris is one of the pros.

Hillary Clinton is visably exhausted, to say the least, and she has no intention of running for president.

As she has stated, she is looking forward to a private life, and becoming a grand mother, as many women are by the time they are in their sixties, particularly if they have not yet had grand children. I can see no reason why she would feel it necessary to hide future presidential plans, if she had them, and further, this president would be the first in line to support her if she did!

G.