PDA

View Full Version : To My Friends in VA (NPR)

9 Ball Girl
10-08-2002, 08:21 AM
I'd just like to let you guys down there know that I've seen and read the news on the Sniper and the random shootings and wish all of you safety in your journeys.

Lester
10-08-2002, 08:38 AM
Thanks Wendy. You know us "G" men will get him. ***Lester***

Vicki
10-08-2002, 08:48 AM
Thanks, Wendy!

The shootings in MD hit very close to home. I drive past 2 of the shooting sites on my way into the office and a third one is in the same block as my office. The post office shooting is in my mother's neighborhood and another is a few blocks from my home poolroom. I am afraid every time I walk out of the house. My 10 year old daughter is freaking out over the kid who was shot yesterday. The schools only told the kids that there was another shooting - not that it was a 13 year old kid. She was very upset when I told her. We're watching our backs out here.

You take care, too... thanks for thinking of us.

Vicki

MikeM
10-08-2002, 11:22 AM
Thanks Wendy. Though the shootings haven't been too close to my home, the whole DC area kinda feels like it's under siege. My kids after school activities have been cancelled or changed to indoor only. Walking out of a building or even your house makes you think of someone pointing a gun at you. Trying to explain this to 7 & 8 year olds is heartbreaking. I hope we can find the bastard(s) responsible for this and string him up.

MM

bluewolf
10-08-2002, 11:29 AM
thanks wendy. those shootings were in the county ww and i live in so kind of scary.

bw

Brian in VA
10-08-2002, 12:02 PM
Thanks Wendy!
I dropped my 10 year old at school this morning and there was a county sheriff standing watch! From his vantage point he could see about 150 yards in any direction of the drop area, all the way to the woods. It was very disconcerting to put it mildly. Hope everyone is safe and this terribly disturbed person is brought to justice soon.
Brian in VA

WesK
10-08-2002, 12:14 PM
Thanks, Wendy.

There were a bunch of shootings that made a rough little circle in Maryland... One of my co-workers lives in the center of the circle.

This too will pass.

wes

9 Ball Girl
10-08-2002, 12:19 PM
Hi Wes! It's unnerving (sp?) but I just hope we don't start to see copycats in other states.

WesK
10-08-2002, 12:31 PM
That would be a drag. When the shooting happened in Virginia (about 40 miles south of the Maryland, DC shootings) that was the first thing that I thought. A Copycat.

The we find out that that it's probably the same person... I don't know if that's good or bad.

I guess that's why it has always been my philosophy to live every day like it's your last. Because one day you'll be right.

Of course, I don't have kids. If I did, I would have a very different outlook.

wes

Voodoo Daddy
10-09-2002, 06:48 PM
You guys in Maryland area have my sympathy. I read the horrible note written to the police from this creep saying "I am God"...it makes me sick. Wes, MikeM, Lester, Vicki or Amanda, you need me, I'm there. Back to lurking.