PDA

View Full Version : SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE!

LWW
09-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Yesterday we had Obamatrons across the land were thoroughly pimped by two polls into believing that dear leaders second coronation was inevitable.

As we in the thinking class knew ... was merely propaganda from the regime's fifth column campaign staff.

CNN lied: (http://www.examiner.com/article/mitt-romney-would-lead-eight-unskewed-data-from-newest-cnn-orc-poll)

ABC NEWS lied: (http://www.washingtonpost.com/page/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2012/09/11/National-Politics/Polling/release_126.xml)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The latest CNN/ORC poll released today shows a wider lead for President Obama than the previous CNN/ORC poll but it is doubly skewed. It massively under-samples independents while it also over-samples Democratic voters. The CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll official reports Obama at 52 to percent and Mitt Romney at 46 percent. Unskewed, the data reveals a 53 percent to 45 percent lead for Romney. </div></div>

llotter
09-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Other than 'fake' news, I am not sure of the utility of polls at all.

LWW
09-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Research former leftist godking Josef Stalin and you will find that it as long been leftist ideology that the only thing which matters is who counts the votes.

llotter
09-11-2012, 03:05 PM
I fear that is the situation we are experiencing now, when it comes to election day.

LWW
09-11-2012, 05:44 PM
That is how Obamagained office in 2008.

Soflasnapper
09-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Yesterday we had Obamatrons across the land were thoroughly pimped by two polls into believing that dear leaders second coronation was inevitable.

Again you speak of things about which you know approximately nothing. If anybody thinks polls in early September determine inevitable results in early November, they'd know approximately nothing as well.

So who are these people who were so convinced as you say?
Well you don't know any, and they are not to be found.

Who says these polls are skewed? The author of the Examiner story has no expertise in the subject, by his bio info. He's a former boy conservative wonder or something. He may be right simply from chance, but that's the main reason he'd be right in my view.

Apparently he thinks Rasmussen with its own well-known skewing theories of how the electorate shakes out as to the partisan divide is correct, although they have many methodological problems that make them inaccurate until he reins in their models down the final stretch.

So these are inaccurate because someone who is a partisan says they are, relying on Rasumussen's skewed weighting concepts. Not something the 'thinking class' would let pass by them and take it at face value.

eg8r
09-11-2012, 06:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again you speak of things about which you know approximately nothing.</div></div>How is this different from anything you post on this board? <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He may be right simply from chance, but that's the main reason he'd be right in my view.
</div></div>LOL, so what we have here is the observation by someone who has no expertise in the subject calling out another? If he is right does it really matter if that was by luck or not?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
09-11-2012, 06:36 PM
How is this different from anything you post on this board?

Because it said this, in particular:

That is completely made up horse manure. If my assertion is wrong, who are these Obamatrons, and on what evidence is the claim founded?

I rarely post false statements without some backing or reason to think they are true, which I can supply and do supply, upon request. If your memory is sound, you can think back to many such instances.

LWW
09-12-2012, 03:55 AM
Are you isolated from the media entirely?

Soflasnapper
09-12-2012, 08:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you isolated from the media entirely? </div></div>

I actually see and hear more rw media than lw media, although most of mainstream media I do not see.

I see enough of lw media to think I would know if they are doing high fives and way too early victory laps over a poll or two. Haven't seen that on HuffPost, DKos, Democratic Underground, MSNBC, or Talking Points Memo, Ezra Klein's blog, or Politico.

So who's doing it, and where? Have the right wing media been aggressively whistling past the graveyard, making UP that the left is so stupidly overconfident on the basis of two polls (to be able to knock it down as a straw man)?

Because that's what I think you've done.

eg8r
09-12-2012, 02:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is completely made up horse manure. If my assertion is wrong, who are these Obamatrons, </div></div>LOL why don't you just look at the thread that started this...diablow and gaylio are two obamatrons you could start with. Then again they will probably say they were just faking their excitement. I do consider you an Obamatron (if that is the new name for blind followers) though because no matter how weak your defense you still plow forward. So your silence in that thread was more to withhold your excitement and not join the blatant party. If someone had joined that thread and said it was all BS then you would swooped in with your rhetoric about other polls you believe to be biased.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
09-12-2012, 03:34 PM
I never suspected LWW was only referring to one or two people. Fascinating, and illuminating, if true. That would explain a lot, in fact.

What thread was it that started this? Must have missed it, and now, going through a few pages, I still don't see it. Could you tell me the title? (Maybe it's in a thread of a different named topic or something.)

Soflasnapper
09-12-2012, 03:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you isolated from the media entirely? </div></div>

So, I guess these polls were mentioned by somebody, somewhere, and they expressed that it was fairly good news or confirmatory news for Obama supporters that he was still in the lead.

Then, you turned this into orgasmic expressions of certainty that the election was clinched, even though nobody said this whatsoever?

Isn't that about right? That your setup was entirely exaggerated, and not meant to be taken as a true statement?

I can buy that.

eg8r
09-13-2012, 08:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never suspected LWW was only referring to one or two people.</div></div>Who said he was. Read what I typed not what you think I typed. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL why don't you just look at the thread that started this...diablow and gaylio are two obamatrons you could start with.</div></div>When I say you could START with them that doesn't also mean stop. The thread that started it was diablow's.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
09-13-2012, 09:11 AM
He didn't have a thread on this topic. Do you mean something in the rw joke posts?

Look, the premise of this post by LWW is that idiot Obamatrons are triumphantly braying that this race is clinched based on two polls.

But there are none such to be seen. I don't see either of the two suggested examples doing this, or frankly, even commenting on those polls at all. Then, as a blogosphere matter, I don't see mainstream left-leaning bloggers of note saying anything like that either.

I call out this claim as unfounded, and I suppose it seemed clever to you to snipe in unrelated fashion that I do the same thing, meaning state false things I have no knowledge or evidence on.

So I take that as a backhanded acknowledgment that you agree LWW has no facts on the premise of his post? Except then you say there are such people. Presumably, people who did exactly this-- that these two polls have deluded people dancing in glee claiming they prove an inevitable Obama win.

And nobody can point to anyone who's done that? Interesting. Then we hear it started somewhere, and continued on? Where are these people? Who are they, and what and when did they say anything close to this post's claim?

Probably best to stick with your new stock meme, that I've now agreed with you, as I always do. Irrational much?

eg8r
09-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Yep you are right, there was a third which was the gallup poll that diablow posted. That was the one the two of them jumped all over like it was the end of times for Romney.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
09-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Just re-read that post before seeing this admission from you.

Yes, I didn't count that as confirming LWW's claim because a) they didn't discuss the two polls he diverted attention to, and b) of course, neither of them said the race was over, or any language similar to that.

DV said "read it [the Gallup poll] and weep," which requires massaging to pretend he said the race was now inevitable on that one poll result. To be most clear, it's a lie to say he said what was represented as what someone said.

Leaving no actual candidates for LWW's claim. Which was my point.

LWW
09-13-2012, 10:54 AM
And MSNBC, CNN, CURRENT ... even FOX ... were all over it.

Soflasnapper
09-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Ok, at least the MSNBC types should be good candidates for your claims. Or Current, of course, as well.

Which of the Obamatrons on either network said what you said they said about these two polls? On which night? (All the MSNBC shows are streamable on line.)