PDA

View Full Version : How will Obama react to act of war against US.

LWW
09-12-2012, 04:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The US ambassador to Libya and three other embassy staff have been reported killed by an armed Islamist mob that stormed and set fire to the United States consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi.
</div></div>

IT'S TIME TO BE COMMANDER IN CHIEF! (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/9537683/US-ambassador-to-Libya-killed-in-attack-on-Benghazi-consulate.html)

llotter
09-12-2012, 05:52 AM
We have a moron in charge that he is not capable of filling the position of a clerk at 7-11. What's worse, we have fallen for the concept that accountability is not appropriate for gov. workers, like teachers and presidents.

His entire foreign policy has been a disaster from from the beginning. His silver tongue cannot provide cover for the reality that the world is becoming a much more dangerous place under his 'stewardship'. I put that in quotes because he has been more of a first class slacker than a true steward of the public trust.

How much longer are we going to makes excuses for The Moron's stupidity?

LWW
09-12-2012, 08:49 AM
The obligatory apology has been issued:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others. </div></div>

Soflasnapper
09-12-2012, 09:09 AM
And do what, exactly, with the military under his command?

Blindly bomb nobody in particular, certainly, no one who did this act?

These are the wonderful people we helped install over Khadaffi, btw. When was the last time Khadaffi had one of our ambassadors killed in country?

The law of unintended consequences is a bitch, no doubt. Not that the consequences were unintended. The instability of the entire ME was the intended plan.

Sid_Vicious
09-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Didn't the righties here give Obama shit for giving tactical support, no ground troops though, to the effort to oust Khadaffi?

IMO, and it sounds hard-case...the diplomats and any American working out of this country KNOWS the risk. They also get paid well for that as well. Frankly I am surprised that the bad guys aren't sporadically hurling RPGs at us and our diplomats a lot more. It's got to be easy to make pot shots like that.

As it is, I think we've made more of a deal out of this current deal today than necessary. We are only promoting more of these piss-ant killings with all this hype. Damn, if it ain't easy and cheap for EVIL to screw with the USA from overseas. It sucks that one of our own Americans here has to immediately poke at out country and Obama for what his resonse "might or might not be." Any such poster is as bad as an actual terrorist to me. sid

LWW
09-12-2012, 09:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didn't the righties here give Obama shit for giving tactical support, no ground troops though, to the effort to oust Khadaffi?

</div></div>

Not at all ... shiite was given to leftsts for insisting Obama hadn't done what he clearly had.

LWW
09-12-2012, 09:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO, and it sounds hard-case...the diplomats and any American working out of this country KNOWS the risk. They also get paid well for that as well.
</div></div>

What kind of perverse reverse logic is that.

That's the same defnse a rapist uses by saying she was asking for it.

LWW
09-12-2012, 09:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As it is, I think we've made more of a deal out of this current deal today than necessary. We are only promoting more of these piss-ant killings with all this hype. Damn, if it ain't easy and cheap for EVIL to screw with the USA from overseas. It sucks that one of our own Americans here has to immediately poke at out country and Obama for what his resonse "might or might not be." Any such poster is as bad as an actual terrorist to me. sid
</div></div>

And there we have the obligatory excuse fr the regime, excuse or the terrorists, and caim that any who question the regime are in fact the rel terrorsts.

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>BRAVO!</span>

Soflasnapper
09-12-2012, 09:33 AM
They enjoy the luxury of being able to oppose his actions, whatever they are.

Don't intervene? Why isn't he defending the freedom fighters?

Intervene? Why is he throwing our staunch historical allies under the bus?

What is truly precious is to find the same person on both sides of that argument as the details on the ground change.

Gingrich is a good example on Libya. When we hadn't acted, he said he'd act unilaterally, immediately. When O then did act, he decried the action as extremely bad policy.

llotter
09-12-2012, 09:46 AM
The Moron is anti-American and wants to bring us down so the Arab Spring is a good thing, including attacks on our embassies.

Soflasnapper
09-12-2012, 01:21 PM
"The Arab Spring" (tm) is a plan of Israel's that has been forced upon America to support, as General Wesley Clarke found out in about 2003, according to his statements.

He was directly told by Pentagon friends that the plan at that time was to destabilize the entire Middle East, and to remove the governments, using military force as necessary, of about 7 of the countries in the region.

This is an Israeli plan, provided to then-incoming Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu (in his first stint as PM) by several dual-citizenship neo-cons, in their report 'A Clean Break,' which see if interested. Those same authors rose to senior or senior deputy positions all throughout our national security apparatus and national chain of command, and implemented this as US policy under the weak-minded easily led George W. Bush administration.

Now those guys get to have it both ways, to criticize presidents when they do not go along with it, and then, in the altogether predictable bad aftermaths, for going along with it.

LWW
09-12-2012, 06:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The Arab Spring" (tm) is a plan of Israel's that has been forced upon America to support, as General Wesley Clarke found out in about 2003, according to his statements.

He was directly told by Pentagon friends that the plan at that time was to destabilize the entire Middle East, and to remove the governments, using military force as necessary, of about 7 of the countries in the region.

This is an Israeli plan, provided to then-incoming Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu (in his first stint as PM) by several dual-citizenship neo-cons, in their report 'A Clean Break,' which see if interested. Those same authors rose to senior or senior deputy positions all throughout our national security apparatus and national chain of command, and implemented this as US policy under the weak-minded easily led George W. Bush administration.

Now those guys get to have it both ways, to criticize presidents when they do not go along with it, and then, in the altogether predictable bad aftermaths, for going along with it. </div></div>

Have you entirely lost your mind?

Seriously?

llotter
09-12-2012, 07:15 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/c12.0.403.403/p403x403/375797_3227025413719_329583131_n.jpg
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/248498_3226762327142_1264993657_n.jpg

llotter
09-12-2012, 07:20 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/556381_3226720966108_1522542864_n.jpg

Soflasnapper
09-12-2012, 11:33 PM
It's been a multi-country take-down plan from very early on. The '90s. Iraq started the dominoes falling. It's right in front of your eyes.

It's insane, but that's not my fault.

Qtec
09-13-2012, 01:02 AM
An idiot speaks:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rumsfeld tweets,

"The attacks on our embassies & diplomats are a result of perceived American weakness. Mitt Romney is right to point that out." </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>If diplomatic attacks are a sign of weakness, Bush was the weakest of all.
</span>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">June 14, 2002, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Suicide bomber kills 12 and injures 51.

February 20, 2003, international diplomatic compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Truck bomb kills 17.

February 28, 2003, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Gunmen on motorcycles killed two consulate guards.

July 30, 2004, U.S. embassy in Taskkent, Uzbekistan
Suicide bomber kills two.

December 6, 2004, U.S. consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Militants stormed and occupied perimeter wall. Five killed, 10 wounded.

March 2, 2006, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Suicide car bomber killed four, including a U.S. diplomate directly targeted by the assailants.

September 12, 2006, U.S. embassy in Damascus, Syria
Gunmen attacked embassy with grenades, automatic weapons, and a car bomb (though second truck bomb failed to detonate). One killed and 13 wounded.

January 12, 2007, U.S. embassy in Athens, Greece
A rocket-propelled grenade was fired at the embassy building. No one was injured.

July 9, 2008, U.S. consulate in Istanbul, Turkey
Armed men attacked consulate with pistols and shotguns. Three policemen killed.

March 18, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen
Mortar attack misses embassy, hits nearby girls' school instead.

September 17, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen
Militants dressed as policemen attacked the embassy with RPGs, rifles, grenades and car bombs. Six Yemeni soldiers and seven civilians were killed. Sixteen more were injured.

<u>So did those attacks (and the 9/11 ones, for that matter) happen because of "perceived American weakness"? Is that what Rumsfeld wants to argue—that our country's diplomatic missions were targeted because George Bush's America was perceived as weak?
</u>
As for Obama, the attacks in Cairo and Benghazi are the first two attacks on a U.S. diplomatic mission in an ostensibly peaceful country during his entire presidency—and they were sparked by that idiot wingnut Islamophobe Terri Jones. The embassy in Afghanistan was targeted by the Taliban last Sept. 13, but that's a country at war. </div></div>

Q

hondo
09-13-2012, 02:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The US ambassador to Libya and three other embassy staff have been reported killed by an armed Islamist mob that stormed and set fire to the United States consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi.
</div></div>

IT'S TIME TO BE COMMANDER IN CHIEF! (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/9537683/US-ambassador-to-Libya-killed-in-attack-on-Benghazi-consulate.html) </div></div>

Hilarious! Memikey not only took you apart but actually managed to shut you up on this thread on AZ. Decided to try your luck here now, huh?
What a character!
If you weren't always digging up ancient history about me and spinning it, I could actually like you.
If you ever run into Sofla and Memikey on the same forum, however, it ain't going to be pretty , Larry. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
09-13-2012, 02:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And do what, exactly, with the military under his command?

These are the wonderful people we helped install over Khadaffi, btw. When was the last time Khadaffi had one of our ambassadors killed in country?

The law of unintended consequences is a bitch, no doubt. Not that the consequences were unintended. The instability of the entire ME was the intended plan. </div></div>

On AZ Larry demanded that Obama was a coward for not immediately declaring war on Libya. Seriously, dude!
Before he even had any facts.
He knew he had dozens of Obama haters on there who would chirp in with their golf stories and calling Obama a coward who hates America.
Then Sev said all these attacks were the result of Obama's apology tour.
You think they're nutty on here? That site's a zoo.

LWW
09-13-2012, 06:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And do what, exactly, with the military under his command?

The law of unintended consequences is a bitch, no doubt. Not that the consequences were unintended. The instability of the entire ME was the intended plan. </div></div>

On AZ Larry demanded that Obama was a coward for not immediately declaring war on Libya. Seriously, dude!
He knew he had dozens of Obama haters on there who would chirp in with their golf stories and calling Obama a coward who hates America.
You think they're nutty on here? That site's a zoo. </div></div>

Why don' you pst the quote where I said that?

What's that?

Because you're lying troll?

But ... I already knew that.

hondo
09-13-2012, 06:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And do what, exactly, with the military under his command?

What's that?

But ... I already knew that. </div></div>

Be careful what you ask for, Larry.

Thread started by LWW:

How will Obama react to an act of war? - Yesterday, 06:42 AM

Under he wrote - " It's time to cmmander -in -chief."

After Memikey called you on your nonsensensical inflammatory remarks, even some of the klan turned on you.

LWW
09-13-2012, 06:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And do what, exactly, with the military under his command?

What's that?

Thread started by LWW:

Under he wrote - " It's time to cmmander -in -chief." </div></div>

Lay off the swamp water troll boy.

hondo
09-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by memikey
I would like to think that most rational people of any political persuasion would expect any leader of any country to first establish reliable information and facts including whether an act of war has actually taken place before deciding how to react and who to react against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWW
Does parading the corpse around satisfy your request?

I haven't made any request nor passed any opinion

If you are trying to ask me if I personally think that a mob parading a corpse in Libya constitutes an act of war by the Govt of Libya then my response would be that I personally don't know enough about definitions of acts of war or the actual circumstances in this particular case to have any worthwhile opinion on it.....yet.

You on the other hand probably do know all the details via your extensive range of contacts in Libya as well as probably having unlimited access to all the confidential correspondence that is no doubt being exchanged between US and Libyan Govt officials.

So why don't you just cut to the chase and tell us whether YOU think an act of war has taken place together with a brief explanation for us lesser mortals as to why you think that it has, or indeed hasn't?

Whatever you think, which hopefully you realise is utterly irrelevant to either the US or Libyan Govts,, I'd be pretty confident that any US Govt, including the current one, will have ample resources to make at least as good an atttempt at determining whether an act of war has taken place as you can

hondo
09-13-2012, 06:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And do what, exactly, with the military under his command?

exhibit 101

hondo
09-13-2012, 06:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And do what, exactly, with the military under his command?

What's that?

Thread started by LWW:

Under he wrote - " It's time to cmmander -in -chief." </div></div>

Lay off the swamp water troll boy. </div></div>

Exhibit 102.

hondo
09-13-2012, 06:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The Arab Spring" (tm) is a plan of Israel's that has been forced upon America to support, as General Wesley Clarke found out in about 2003, according to his statements.

Now those guys get to have it both ways, to criticize presidents when they do not go along with it, and then, in the altogether predictable bad aftermaths, for going along with it. </div></div>

Have you entirely lost your mind?

Seriously? </div></div>

exhibit 103.

hondo
09-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Chopdoc
I believe the premise offered for discussion was that an act of war had occurred.

So...after considering the quality of information etc...if it was an act of war, how would Obama react?

There was no "if" about the suggestion as you will see from the context of all the posts.

In his rush to dramatise, he was clearly suggesting that an "act of war" had already occurred in the form of the embassy incident in Libya. Nevertheless, in order to give him the opportunity to clarify, just in case he didn't actually mean that he thought the embassy incident constituted an act of war, he was specifically asked by me if he was of the opinion that an act of war had occurred and if affirmative why he held that opinion.

In the meantime his answer to someone else's question about what his response to this embassy incident (as hypothetical POTUS) would have been indicated that his response as POTUS would have been several progressively graduated measures against Libya.

He hasn't anwered my question to date because he has already painted himself into a corner. He knows there is at the moment no adequate rational basis to accuse Libya of an act of war yet also knows he can't realistically deny that he has effectively already concluded and suggested that the embassy incident constituted an an act of war by Libya.

It's as simple as that. You need to learn a bit more about the history of LWW's modus operandi. His heart's in the right place but he can limbo under a snake while wearing a top hat when it comes to finding ways to avoid acknowledging that he may have made a smalll mistake, exaggeration or premature conclusion

For what very little it's worth it seems to me that it's certainly possible that the embassy incident might constitute an act of war and it's even possible that the Libyan Govt might conceivably be the party who perpetrated it, but there are several other live possibilities, some of which so far appear a bit more likely.

Whatever the role of the Libya Govt in the incident, they ought most certainly be at the very least held to account by USA for their failure to adequately protect the embassy from mobs. It looks like the process of holding them to account for that failure has already been instigated, in reality presumably with one eye on the fact that the Libyan Govt's cooperation may be required to find the perpetrators, should they transpire to have nothing to do with the Libyan Govt.

I do tend to agree with the thrust and spirit of what avmaster said.

LWW
09-14-2012, 03:25 AM
Keep trying troll boy ...

hondo
09-14-2012, 06:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keep trying troll boy ... </div></div>

Exhibit 104. Let those with eyes, read.

hondo
09-14-2012, 06:44 AM
See, Sofla, Memikey slaps him around as badly on AZ as you do on here. You can always tell when he's speechless when he resorts to one liners like " Keep trying, troll boy."

I'd actually feel sorry for him if he wasn't such a bad loser. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif