PDA

View Full Version : 48 Hour Notice and No Action

llotter
09-13-2012, 09:42 PM
So, The Moron did not act in spite of having 48 hours advance notice of trouble brewing in Benghazi aimed at our consulate. No doubt he harbored a guilty conscience about all of the killings he as approved of and decided to let the radicals have a few to even things up.

LWW
09-14-2012, 03:50 AM
Repost ... but it needs repeated.

So far the cabal is in deep depression over this revelation.

llotter
09-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Unfortunately, the cabal defines 'truth' as whatever supports the state, others are just not relevant.

LWW
09-14-2012, 02:54 PM
What's funny s how easily they live in denial of this after 8 years of holding Bush personally responsible for someone getting a stale hotdog at a National Park.

Soflasnapper
09-14-2012, 05:35 PM
It's difficult to comment on something without provenance, or the slightest background information.

Who is supposedly saying this, and with what credible inside information source?

llotter
09-14-2012, 06:19 PM
It's funny but I just wrote in a thread on the same subject that the Left would want to know the source so they could smear and discredit him/her.

LWW
09-14-2012, 06:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's difficult to comment on something without provenance, or the slightest background information. <span style='font-size: 11pt'>UNLESS, OF COURSE, IT BLAMES BUSH OR SUPPORTS THE REGIME.</span>

Who is supposedly saying this, and with what credible inside information source? </div></div>

I fixed that for you.

LWW
09-14-2012, 06:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's funny but I just wrote in a thread on the same subject that the Left would want to know the source so they could smear and discredit him/her. </div></div>

Yeah, coming from a guy who believes whatever the party tells him to believe ... that was simply precious.

Soflasnapper
09-14-2012, 07:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's funny but I just wrote in a thread on the same subject that the Left would want to know the source so they could smear and discredit him/her. </div></div>

The source is anonymous sources quoted by a UK paper-- and upon my reading of that piece, it wasn't clear if they were supposedly US sources, or UK sources.

The Republican chairman of the House Intelligence Committee says that source is mistaken, as this gentleman received no such briefing about any such intel.

This was the old way of disseminating propaganda back in the Clinton days. Have somebody say something that got printed in the UK's spotty papers (often a Murdock paper), and then blow it back to the US. Some things never change.

Given how thin this is, that it has been denied by the Republican chairman, and that it's an old trick that's been used countless times in the past to push propaganda, there's no particular reason to find it at all credible in this case on this evidentiary record (more the lack therof) so far.

Gayle in MD
09-14-2012, 11:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, The Moron did not act in spite of having 48 hours advance notice of trouble brewing in Benghazi aimed at our consulate. No doubt he harbored a guilty conscience about all of the killings he as approved of and decided to let the radicals have a few to even things up. </div></div>

More propaganda.

Propaganda and never any attempt to prove your irrational misinformation.

Where does it end?

Stunningly misinformed, as usual.

G.

Qtec
09-15-2012, 04:21 AM
Its another, "Some people say" crap.

Did they expect demonstrations?
Yes. Hence the email condemning the film.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others </div></div>

Is that an apology?

NO!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 7:45 p.m. Eastern time: The Associated Press moves a news alert, reporting the death of at least one American in the Benghazi attack.

10:08 p.m. Eastern time: Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton issues a statement on the attack in Benghazi. “<span style='font-size: 17pt'>I condemn in the strongest terms the attack on our mission in Benghazi today.</span>.. The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind.”

Republican Mitt Romney defended his assailing of President Obama's administration's handling of foreign attacks on U.S. diplomatic missions.

The Romney campaign’s repeated errors on the Cairo embassy statement

10:09 p.m. Eastern time: GOP candidate Mitt Romney issues a statement on the attacks, <u>attacking Obama. The statement is “embargoed” until midnight, meaning that media organizations are not supposed to publish it until then.</u> “It’s disgraceful that the Obama Administration’s first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks,” the statement says.</div></div>

Cut them some slack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #3333FF">"I think most Americans, Democrats or Republicans, understand that there are times when we set politics aside, and one of those is when we've got a direct threat to American personnel who are overseas," President Obama said.</span>

<span style="color: #990000">Not with the rabid RW, do anything to gain power, lying snakes in the grass people that permeate the GOP.</span>

"And so I think that if you look at how most Republicans have reacted, most elected officials, they've reacted responsibly, waiting to find out the facts before they talk, making sure that our No. 1 priority is the safety and security of American personnel."

"<span style='font-size: 14pt'>It appears that Gov. Romney didn't have his facts right</span>. The situation in Cairo was one in which an embassy that is being threatened by major protests releases a press release saying that the film that had disturbed so many Muslims around the world wasn't representative of what Americans believe about Islam."

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>"In an effort to cool the situation down, it didn't come from me, it didn't come from Secretary Clinton, it came from people on the ground who are potentially in danger. And my tendency is to cut folks a little bit of slack when they're in that circumstance, rather than try to question their judgment from the comfort of a campaign office," Obama said.
</span>
"I do have to say that, more broadly, we believe in the First Amendment. It is one of the hallmarks of our Constitution that I am sworn to uphold, so we're always going to uphold the rights of individuals to speak their minds. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>On the other hand, <u>this film is not representative of who we are, and our values, and I think it is important for us to communicate that.</u> That's never an excuse for violence against Americans, which is why my No. 1 priority and my initial statement focused on making sure that not only are Americans safe, but that we go after anyone that would attack Americans.</span>" </div></div>

Q

eg8r
09-15-2012, 12:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its another, "Some people say" crap.</div></div>Amazing how much you have flip flopped in the past few years. During Bush's administration you were the "some people say" pimp on the board.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
09-16-2012, 01:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, The Moron did not act in spite of having 48 hours advance notice of trouble brewing in Benghazi aimed at our consulate. No doubt he harbored a guilty conscience about all of the killings he as approved of and decided to let the radicals have a few to even things up. </div></div>

If you make things up, it's easy to prove anything, I guess.

Here's a more accurate take on that:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Fox is getting their story from <span style='font-size: 14pt'>The Independent, who <u>claims</u> the State Department had 48 hours notice <u>that something was going to happen somewhere</u>.</span>

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted.

The world is a big place. There are hundreds of embassies and consulates in it. A vague warning about "something" happening on the anniversary of September 11th is hardly tantamount to a specific warning about a specific place.

But Fox will flog this so-called "warning" because it gives them a chance to draw some kind of weird and bizarre equivalence between what happened in Libya and George W. Bush's failure to heed a far more specific warning more than a month before the 9-11 attacks occurred.

Prediction: Republicans will go up with an ad within three weeks of the election claiming that President Obama is a weak leader because he allowed the attack on the Benghazi consulate to occur. They will ignore the seven embassy attacks during his 8-year tenure in the White House. They will ignore the 20 people who died in that time span, because Fox News has a sworn duty to prop up a failing Republican candidate by the name of Mitt Romney.

By the way, as long as we're on the subject of Mitt Romney, he flip-flopped yet again Friday and -- wait for it -- apologized to the terrorists. I guess that means they won?</div></div>

karoli, at C&L, from Saturday (http://crooksandliars.com/node?page=1)

llotter
09-16-2012, 05:43 PM
I can hardly a person of your standards would post this piece of biased garbage and state that is more accurate.

Soflasnapper
09-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Well, believe it or not, I find many of karoli's writings to be accurate in my eyes, and this one qualifies.

Perhaps you have a bias yourself. You have to be careful how you read certain things, especially when they are cleverly designed to be misleading.

You immediately jumped to the fairly logical conclusion that when danger to our embassies was mentioned, that because it was mentioned with regard to these incidents in question, the danger that was (still allegedly, sorry) warned about was to this exact embassy (or mission or consulate, whatever it was).

Note, I freely admit that is logical. You might think that's the only reason the two matters would appear in such propinquity-- that the piece's author or authors are putting them together because they are related. Fair enough.

However, the other reason they could be put together are that they are not specifically related, but the goal is to create the appearance that they are.

A close reading will reveal that no falsehood was stated, even if one was implied.

So I do think by the bare language, unadorned and unamplified by more details, the Independent 'source' (assuming there is one) did not say there was any specific or credible information about attacks at all, let alone, specifically as to Libya, although that impression (that it did) is not unreasonable.

I think it's more of interest why the ambassador was not in the embassy but out in the field, who knew that in order to target him, and then, critically, knew where the safe house was.

This would clearly not be a rag tag band of protestors, but a highly skilled and technically proficient group of paramilitary agents with highly specific information concerning classified matters. Either moles in our cadres, or high-tech intel thieving capable outside forces.

Qtec
09-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Amazing how much you have flip flopped in the past few years = "some people say" .

Q

Soflasnapper
09-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Some people say ed's taken a turn for the wurst, but I think that's baloney. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
09-16-2012, 08:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some people say ed's taken a turn for the wurst, but I think that's baloney. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

Was that joke kosher, Sev?

LWW
09-17-2012, 07:17 AM

It has come to light that this report is a lie.

The regime, in fact, had three days advance warning.

Soflasnapper
09-17-2012, 08:19 AM
There is no evidence that it's true that either:

The Moron did not act in spite of having 48 hours advance notice of trouble brewing in Benghazi aimed at our consulate

or that it was 72 hours notice of trouble BREWING IN BENGHAZI AIMED AT OUR CONSULATE.

Or if there is, where is it?

No one I've seen yet says they had warnings about Benghazi, or the consulate there.

Gayle in MD
09-17-2012, 10:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The State Department has angrily denied claims that it had intelligence warning its consulate in Libya would be attacked 48 hours before extremists stormed the building and shot three staff members dead.

A spokesman has described claims that the attacks were the result of a 'continuing security breach' and diplomats should have been warned before the attacks as 'completely wrong.'

British newspaper The Independent had claimed that the State Department had credible information warning of attacks on embassies 48 hours before mobs stormed the outposts in Libya and Cairo.

However, a spokesman told Politico: 'This is absolutely wrong. We are not aware of any actionable intelligence indicating that an attack on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi was planned or imminent.'

Diplomats had long been on their guard in Benghazi, a city that was the cradle of Libya's Western-backed revolution but also home to Islamists who have attacked foreign envoys.

Yet a long night of mayhem in which the U.S. consulate was overrun and torched, the ambassador lost and dying alone in the smoke while rescuers ran into a deadly ambush as they sought to save survivors, seemed to overwhelm U.S. security procedures.

Scroll down for video

</div></div>

Spoke also with a friend of mine over this weekend, who said that the State Dept. doesn't uaually dictate what level of security is needed at any given location, unless there is an existing threat of violence already established.

Also told me that security methods, and requests, are generaly allocated at the discretion of the Embasadors.

Part of why they are there in the first place is to define for the DOS what exactly the securiity risks are in an given location or country.

It isn't dictated to them, they determine it for themselves.

The State Department has already denied this BS about '48 hours notice,' so just another irrational RW BS "Rumor" as are most of their thread titles, and this one as well does not hold up to scrutiny.

G.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#ixzz26kFFCSL5 (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2203019/Middle-East-protests-FBI-warns-attacks-spread-U-S.html#ixzz26kFFCSL5)

eg8r
09-17-2012, 11:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Spoke also with a friend of mine over this weekend, who said that the State Dept. doesn't uaually dictate what level of security is needed at any given location, unless there is an existing threat of violence already established. </div></div>LOL, it is impossible to have a discussion with someone who is mentally lazy. If you don't think there was an existing threat of violence in Libya then you just are not playing with a full deck of cards.

eg8r

hondo
09-17-2012, 12:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Spoke also with a friend of mine over this weekend, who said that the State Dept. doesn't uaually dictate what level of security is needed at any given location, unless there is an existing threat of violence already established. </div></div>LOL, it is impossible to have a discussion with someone who is mentally lazy. If you don't think there was an existing threat of violence in Libya then you just are not playing with a full deck of cards.

eg8r </div></div>

Exhibit 108.

llotter
09-17-2012, 12:42 PM
The Moron doesn't sit in to the Daily Briefing because he doesn't want to hear bad news. He is in denial and so are you.

The report in the Independent sighted high level sources in the U.S. State Department.

Plus the latest rumor is that Amb. Stevens was 'tricked' into being at the consulate on 9/11...probably to watch that video that caused the whole thing.

eg8r
09-17-2012, 01:29 PM
I knew my ankle-biting hillbilly shadow poster would call this out yet he did not call out gaylio when it was her post I was copying. Hypocrite.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-17-2012, 01:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Moron doesn't sit in to the Daily Briefing because he doesn't want to hear bad news. He is in denial and so are you.

The report in the Independent sighted high level sources in the U.S. State Department.

<span style="color: #990000">Another outrageous, undounded and ridiculous statement.

The President gets his daily briefing regardless of where he is in the world.

</span>
Plus the latest rumor is that Amb. Stevens was 'tricked' into being at the consulate on 9/11...probably to watch that video that caused the whole thing.

</div></div>

Rumor is all you ever have in your arsenal.

What a total Troll you are.

Your posts are truly absurd.

G.

hondo
09-17-2012, 05:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew my ankle-biting hillbilly shadow poster would call this out yet he did not call out gaylio when it was her post I was copying. Hypocrite.

eg8r </div></div>

Exhibit 109.

"Okay, children , look at what Daddy called Hondo on the public forum. I called him 'an ankle biting hillbilly.' Tee hee. Aren't you proud of Daddy. This is what real men do, children. They think of something really hateful to try and humiliate those who disagree with them. Always remember what Daddy taught you."

What do you say to your wife when she disagrees with you? Do you call her an ignorant ho?
No, I imagine you tiptoe around folks who can actually reach you.
I figure you're a Walter Mitty type who gets to play big man hiding behind the anonymity of a keyboard. Sound about right? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
09-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Methinks thou doth protest too much.

hondo
09-17-2012, 06:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Methinks thou doth protest too much.

</div></div>

Methinks you have become insignificant.

LOL! Speaking of a Walter Mitty type. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

eg8r
09-17-2012, 08:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you say to your wife when she disagrees with you? Do you call her an ignorant ho?</div></div>If she acted as childishly as you do I would let her know just like I let you know. Oh yeah, I noticed you ignored the fact that I called you out on your hypocrisy yet again. How often are you willing to keep this up?

eg8r

eg8r
09-17-2012, 08:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Methinks you have become insignificant.</div></div>LOL, hilariously coming from you. Is there anyone else on the board more insignificant than yourself? Of you last 100 posts how many do you think had anything to do with the subject of the discussion?

eg8r

hondo
09-18-2012, 06:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you say to your wife when she disagrees with you? Do you call her an ignorant ho?</div></div>If she acted as childishly as you do I would let her know just like I let you know. Oh yeah, I noticed you ignored the fact that I called you out on your hypocrisy yet again. How often are you willing to keep this up?

eg8r </div></div>

Just the way you let me know? Wow! You talk to your wife like you talk to me? Do you slap her around when she's acting childish, Eg?
You are a real piece of work.

hondo
09-18-2012, 06:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Methinks you have become insignificant.</div></div>LOL, hilariously coming from you. Is there anyone else on the board more insignificant than yourself? Of you last 100 posts how many do you think had anything to do with the subject of the discussion?

eg8r </div></div>

At least I don't engage in childish name-calling.

eg8r
09-18-2012, 08:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just the way you let me know? Wow! You talk to your wife like you talk to me?</div></div>LOL, I knew you were stupid enough to respond this way. With all those "english" skills you have you forgot to read the word "IF". It was pretty clear and the first word in the sentence. That is the key. You see you are the only person I know that acts this childishly. If my wife walked around and butted into all my conversations with other people to talk about the words I choose to use then yes I would talk to her that way. Again, check the "if". She doesn't, so don't compare her to you. You are the petulant ankle-biting brat.

Do I slap her around, NO. Have you quit slapping your wife around?

Again I noticed you ignored the part where your hypocrisy was called out?

eg8r

hondo
09-18-2012, 08:38 PM
I have decided to stop responding to your childish taunts.
Every time I read one of your hate-filled posts I feel the need to take a long shower. Continue to shadowpost me if you will. The only time I will respond is to keep the count going on your vile name-calling.

111, BTW. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
And that's just since I started counting.

If your wife is the paragon of maturity that you claim she is, why on earth would she stay married to someone who calls anyone who disagrees with him stupid idiots? It doesn't add up, Eg.

hondo
09-18-2012, 08:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just the way you let me know? Wow! You talk to your wife like you talk to me?</div></div>LOL, I knew you were stupid enough to respond this way. With all those "english" skills you have you forgot to read the word "IF". It was pretty clear and the first word in the sentence. That is the key. You see you are the only person I know that acts this childishly.

eg8r </div></div>

If I am the only one you know who acts this childish, why do you also call Fats, Gayle and Q stupid idiots?
Face it, Eg, you're not the sharpest tool in the shed and you prove it over and over. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

eg8r
09-19-2012, 07:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have decided to stop responding to your childish taunts.</div></div>This is your normal lie. You said it a few weeks ago and gayle had more balls that you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only time I will respond is to keep the count going on your vile name-calling.
</div></div>Well at least you called yourself out for being a liar in the same post. I knew you did not have the balls to do what you say.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: honduh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
hondo

Yesterday at 07:38 PM I am no longer responding to you. Well actually I know I don't have the balls to actually not respond to eg8r so I will actually continue responding to him.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: honduh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
hondo

Yesterday at 07:43 PM Just to prove I am a man of my words (remember I said I would not respond yet I just am not man enough to not respond so I said I would continue to repond), here I am responding after saying I wouldn't.
</div></div>

Way to go buddy. You sure did tell me didn't you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
09-19-2012, 07:52 AM
I don't see diablow, gayle or qtip chasing me around shadowposting me left and right like a troll. That is only you, the resident petulant ankle-biting hillbilly brat of the NPR CCB.

What else is funny is that you don't like me calling out your lack of intelligence but then you go and try and do the same thing right back at me. Here is honduh's mantry...Do as I say not as I do.

eg8r

hondo
09-19-2012, 08:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have decided to stop responding to your childish taunts.</div></div>This is your normal lie. You said it a few weeks ago and gayle had more balls that you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only time I will respond is to keep the count going on your vile name-calling.
</div></div>Well at least you called yourself out for being a liar in the same post. I knew you did not have the balls to do what you say.

hondo

Yesterday at 07:38 PM I am no longer responding to you. Well actually I know I don't have the balls to actually not respond to eg8r so I will actually continue responding to him.
</div></div>

hondo

Yesterday at 07:43 PM Just to prove I am a man of my words (remember I said I would not respond yet I just am not man enough to not respond so I said I would continue to repond), here I am responding after saying I wouldn't.
</div></div>

Way to go buddy. You sure did tell me didn't you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Exhibit 113.

hondo
09-19-2012, 08:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't see diablow, gayle or qtip chasing me around shadowposting me left and right like a troll. That is only you, the resident petulant ankle-biting hillbilly brat of the NPR CCB.

What else is funny is that you don't like me calling out your lack of intelligence but then you go and try and do the same thing right back at me. Here is honduh's mantry...Do as I say not as I do.

eg8r </div></div>

Exhibit 114.