PDA

View Full Version : 11th ANNUAL CCB/US OPEN TOURNEY AND DINNER

Eric.
09-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Yes, it's that time again. Are you ready?

Our 11th Annual CCB tourney will be held at Q Master Billiards, Virginia Bch, VA on Friday, Oct 26 11a to 3pm-ish. Sign in at 10.30a. This is open to any/all forum posters. The format is ring game 10 Ball. We'll post rules and details later.

Our annual dinner will be on Thurs, Oct 25th. "Josh da mayor" aka JMD in VA will be handling the location and reservations. I'm sure Josh will chime in with details, soon.

If you are planning on attending one or both events, I would suggest that you post to this thread, so that we can get an idea of who is a definite maybe.

See ya soon.

Eric

Rich R.
09-15-2012, 06:24 AM
Eric, you can put Cathy and me down as a definite maybe for dinner and me for the tournament. We have several issues that may come into play and I will let you know if there are any changes.

Looking forward to the Open and the CCB events. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
09-15-2012, 07:16 AM
Eric,
Mary and I will be at the dinner, and I will be playing.

Duane(DG)

JMD in VA
09-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Hi gang! I'm 50/50 on making it this year. I have a lot going on in my life!

I have set up the dinner reservations however.

The place is called the Red Star Tavern. It's 9 minutes from the hotel.

It is set up for Thursday evening at 6pm.

Here is the address and phone #:

Call: 757-473-3295
201 Town Center Dr
Virginia Beach VA 23462

Looks like a nice place.

Hope I can make it down this year!

Your humble servant,

The Mayor

Rich R.
09-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Just a thought ---
Would it be possible to bump the dinner back to 5:00 or 5:30, as it was in the past, so we won't have any problems getting back for the evening sessions at the Open?

Eric.
09-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Please put Susie and I down for dinner.

We will both be playing the tourney as well.

Thanks,

Eric

HaroldAcosta
09-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Count me in for the tournament....and 3 people for the dinner...

Harold Acosta
09-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Early dinner 'cause I have to take the Mrs. and the Daughter home, before going back to the Open......

JMD in VA
09-18-2012, 09:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a thought ---
Would it be possible to bump the dinner back to 5:00 or 5:30, as it was in the past, so we won't have any problems getting back for the evening sessions at the Open? </div></div>

We can. I based it on what we have done in the past. Meet up at the hotel at 5-5:30 and make our way to dinner. I know it always takes us 15-20 minutes to round everyone up and then leave.

If everyone doesn't mind getting together at 4-4:30 and then eating at 5, I can make the change.

What sayeth the group?

The Mayor

Brian in VA
09-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Count me in for the Tournament and Dinner, too, I think. I've ordered supplies for the trophies and will have those ready as promised.

I look forward to seeing everyone!

Brian in VA

Eric.
09-18-2012, 02:31 PM
For what it's worth, the dinner plans were always "meet at hotel lobby at 5p, then dinner reservations for 5.30p". That seemed to work well, in the past.

Either way, I'll go with the general vote.

Eric

Rich R.
09-18-2012, 07:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For what it's worth, the dinner plans were always "meet at hotel lobby at 5p, then dinner reservations for 5.30p". That seemed to work well, in the past.

Either way, I'll go with the general vote.

Eric </div></div>
I'm good with that.

dg-in-centralpa
09-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Me too, Rich. We'll be arriving between 2-3pm, a 4pm meet time will be kind of short.

Sid_Vicious
09-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Pardon the question if it's been asked already, but do these events ever "not" be centered on the east coast? Just curious. sid

Eric.
09-20-2012, 12:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pardon the question if it's been asked already, but do these events ever "not" be centered on the east coast? Just curious. sid </div></div>

Well, for this specific get-together, it is centered around the US 9 Ball Open. Barry has had this event in and around the eastern VA area for 36+ years.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's not coming to TX anytime soon.

Eric

hierovision
09-27-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm in for the tournament. I'm way too busy at work to make the dinner and could potentially be travelling for work for both days... but I hope to make the tournament. I had a blast last year and don't want to miss it this year.

Tony_in_MD
09-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Ya'll have a lot of fun, I don't think I will be making it again this year.

Bambu
09-28-2012, 05:54 AM
I hope to be able to make this trip sometime, its on my bucket list. Have fun people!

Eric.
10-02-2012, 02:06 PM
When: Fri, Oct 26 11am start (sign in at 10:30a)

Where: QMaster Billiards

What: 10 Ball ring game

Why: why not

As usual, we will be playing ring game 10 ball in groups of 3-5 ppl. The usual ring game rules apply i.e. you must make a legal hit on the lowest ball, NO SAFETIES ALLOWED, BIH behind the line on a scratch. Also, if the shot is not legal, the incoming shooter has the right to shoot or make the previous shooter shoot again. Making the 10 ball legally is a win and the overall winner will be determined by the most wins. In the event of a tie, there will be a 1 game playoff.

As in years past, the rules on *sharking* is that there are none. In fact, it is your duty and obligation to your fellow group-mates to talk the current shooter out of their shot. This is the only defense allowed in our format.

Good luck!

Eric

Soflasnapper
10-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Please book my party of three into the dinner and tourney.

The same miscreants as last year: myself, RJ and Amy Hartman.

That meet at 5 for 5:30 resos should be suitable.

Look forward to seeing y'all, and hoping The Mayor may be able to come as well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Icon of Sin
10-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Hey Eric and everyone!

Dad and I will be there for Dinner and the tournament this year!

Thanks!

Scott Lee
10-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Naturally...since you're the defending champ! LOL I thought I read a post recently over on AzB that you were out in Guam or some place (looking for an instructor).

I am hoping to make both events (dinner & tournament), but things are still up in the air. It depends on what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Scott Lee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hierovision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in for the tournament. I'm way too busy at work to make the dinner and could potentially be travelling for work for both days... but I hope to make the tournament. I had a blast last year and don't want to miss it this year. </div></div>

hierovision
10-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Actually Josh won with an absolutely wicked combo on the 10 in our sudden death match. I got runner-up /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

A friend of mine (in the Air Force) is in Korea for a year and joined a league out there. He expressed some frustration so I told him I would ask around about an instructor.

Eric.
10-12-2012, 01:27 PM
RichR (maybe)
Duane
JMD/Josh (maybe)
Eric
Susie
Harold A
Brian
Hierovision/Zack
Icon/Heath
Dad/Bob
Scott Lee (maybe)

HaroldAcosta
10-14-2012, 07:45 PM
I'll be there, ready to take the trophy to Puerto Rico !!!!

Harold Acosta
10-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Hey Buddy, hope you can make it OK to the Open this year....I look forward to seeing you now that Virginia is my second home...(about twice a year)... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Brian in VA
10-15-2012, 01:58 PM
You should put Amy down for a possible. Sounds like she's coming.

Rich R.
10-15-2012, 07:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Harold Acosta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Buddy, hope you can make it OK to the Open this year....I look forward to seeing you now that Virginia is my second home...(about twice a year)... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>
Harold, unless something unexpected comes up between now and the Open, Cathy and I should be there. We look forward to seeing you too.

Icon of Sin
10-21-2012, 06:15 AM
Man, I cant wait...

This is always such a good time!!!

Bambu
10-21-2012, 03:53 PM
When is the calcutta? High roller that I am, I got 10 bucks on Eric!

Muhahahaha!

coolpooldude
10-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Hey there everyone! This may be only the second time I have posted on the CCB, mainly because I just figured out my login info! Count me in for the tourney. Won't be in until may 9 for dinner, but if I can leave sooner then i will be there. Hey does anyone know the opinion on the new venue? I know it is broken up into a bunch of rooms which does not sound cool:(

Eric.
10-22-2012, 05:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coolpooldude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey there everyone! This may be only the second time I have posted on the CCB, mainly because I just figured out my login info! Count me in for the tourney. Won't be in until may 9 for dinner, but if I can leave sooner then i will be there. Hey does anyone know the opinion on the new venue? I know it is broken up into a bunch of rooms which does not sound cool:( </div></div>

Sounds great! (who are you?)

Eric &gt;Amy??

Eric.
10-22-2012, 05:19 AM
So far, the dinner list looks like:

JMD in VA
RichR & Cathy
Duane(DG) & Mary
Eric & Susie
Harold + 3 others
Brian in VA
Soflasnapper& RJ and Amy Hartman
Heath & Bullet
Scott Lee-unconfirmed?
Coolpooldude-maybe?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JMD in VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi gang! I'm 50/50 on making it this year. I have a lot going on in my life!

I have set up the dinner reservations however.

The place is called the Red Star Tavern. It's 9 minutes from the hotel.

It is set up for Thursday evening at 6pm.

Here is the address and phone #:

Call: 757-473-3295
201 Town Center Dr
Virginia Beach VA 23462

Looks like a nice place.

Hope I can make it down this year!

Your humble servant,

The Mayor </div></div>

Rich R.
10-22-2012, 07:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bambu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When is the calcutta? High roller that I am, I got 10 bucks on Eric!

Muhahahaha! </div></div>
A calcutta may be a good idea for our tournament. I'll buy everyone except myself. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Eric.
10-22-2012, 08:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bambu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When is the calcutta? High roller that I am, I got 10 bucks on Eric!

Muhahahaha! </div></div>

I'll bet against myself and take the field /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Eric

Harold Acosta
10-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Hey guys, I really messed up the dates and thought the dinner was today and the tournament tommorrow..although something in my head was telling me it did not sound right....wow, my bad...I really feel a little embarrased with my error......hopefully next year I'll pay more attention....Again, my apologies...Hope you all had a good time...

Rich R.
10-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Harold, you were missed. Hopefully, we'll see you next year.

thecardman
10-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Hi folks

I just saw you all being introduced to the crowd at the Finals and I had the flashback of great memories from my visit 7 years ago (where did that go?!). Great to see you all. Glad to see RichR and Cathy looking well through my week of late nights (blooming time differences!).

Depending on next year's dates, I hoping to be able to make it over for the 2013 US Open. I've got a CCB Tournament title to try to regain! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Take care, keep well and speak soon.

Best wishes

thecardman
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Rich R.
10-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Hi Peter, it's great to hear from you. I thought you gave up on pool after winning the biggest tournament in the world. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I hope you're well and I look forward to your return.

Rich R.
10-27-2012, 08:53 PM

Muhahahaha! </div></div>
Too bad we didn't have a calcutta. You would have been a rich man. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
Eric won the tournament with Icon of Sin finishing second.

dg-in-centralpa
10-29-2012, 08:42 AM
I got on my knees and prayed before I took my only shot on the 10 ball. It fell! RJ did it as well and won his only match. It was great seeing eveyone again and we're looking forward to next year. Have the dates been posted for next year?

Eric.
10-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Well, considering that it is a multi ring, ring game, with random groupings, I thik I can pull an "Efren" and say "I got lucky"!

Duane- Barry hasn't posted next years US Open dates yet. He is moving the venue location and that will affect the actual dates.

Lastly, great seeing everyone again! Good times.

Eric

Icon of Sin
10-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Was a great time again this year. Always great seeing everyone!

Does anyone have the pics from the ccb tourney?

Eric.
10-31-2012, 12:28 PM
I have pics and can post em up (if you help me).

After being on this forum 12-13 years, I still don't know how to post pics to it.

Eric &gt;seriously

Rich R.
10-31-2012, 05:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have pics and can post em up (if you help me).

After being on this forum 12-13 years, I still don't know how to post pics to it.

Eric &gt;seriously </div></div>
IIRC, the instructions for posting pictures are in the FAQ section. The first thing you have to do is load them on to a web storage site like Photobucket, Shutterfly, etc.

hierovision
11-01-2012, 06:29 AM
ImageShack is the most straight-forward, quickest, and easiest to link to, IMO. I use that when I speed-link stuff I want to share (like in chat). Another super-simple one that is really quick is imgur.com. It's also a really popular one for memes, so finding hilarious pics is very easy there lol... just don't get lost.

hierovision
11-01-2012, 06:33 AM
imgur wins... you can drag/drop or copy/paste from your file system directly into an album or the general images section. that is sexy...

Eric.
11-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Thanks, Rich & Zack.

I'll open an Imgur account just for this thread.

Eric &gt;nvr had an online photo account

Eric.
11-01-2012, 11:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/FCiJ5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Fr7Oo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mPVv6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NZC3V.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SDvI5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uBvZK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WCeIU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5Tj4m.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dHZZJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IiLZS.jpg

Eric

Icon of Sin
11-02-2012, 06:42 AM
Thanks for posting Eric!!!!!

Brian in VA
11-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Great to see you all! Wonderful time, as always, can't wait to see you next year!

Brian in VA

Eric.
11-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Hey Brian,

Thanks for all you do. The trophies looked great, as usual.

Good times, good friends. Looking forward to doing it again.

Eric

Soflasnapper
11-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Really missed Josh, and now worry for his safety.

Some one should contact him and make sure he's ok. (Referencing the Virginia presidential and senatorial results.)

Brian in VA
11-12-2012, 05:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really missed Josh, and now worry for his safety.

Some one should contact him and make sure he's ok. (Referencing the Virginia presidential and senatorial results.) </div></div>
Good one, Phil!

I haven't spoken directly with him yet but have seen him posting on Facebook so I know he hasn't done anything rash.

I'm sure he's making arrangements to leave the country but then he'd have to admit that democracy had failed when, in fact, it was the GOP that did, at least this time.

Brian in VA

Soflasnapper
11-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Whew, thank goodness, and thanks for the report!

He's got to project calm for the missus and not to scare the horses, as I'm sure he realizes, even as he may be looking into expatriation. LOL!