PDA

View Full Version : Who Is To Blame For Romney's Lame Campaign?

Gayle in MD
09-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Excerpt from:

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Inside The Campaign: How Mitt Stumbled:</span>

A growing number of conservatives are blaming Stevens for advocating a campaign of caution, one that puts all the emphasis not on how good Romney could be but how bad Obama is. "Credit for this fog goes to that inner circle of Romney advisers who never liked the Ryan pick and have reasserted their will over a candidate who is naturally cautious," conservative columnist Kimberley Strassel wrote in Friday's Wall Street Journal. "In the la-la land where adviser Stuart Stevens presides, Mr. Romney wins by never saying a single thing, ever, that might rock a single boat, ever."'

Stevens was a big, early advocate of a bland vice presidential candidate, privately talking up former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty and pushing the idea of an outsider, anti-Beltway ticket. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>But Stevens is hardly to blame for what many conservatives consider a campaign that is specifics-free and lame. That blame goes straight to the man running his own campaign: Romney himself, according to a number of people in and out of the campaign.</span>

http://www.nj.com/us-politics/index.ssf/2012/09/inside_the_campaign_how_mitt_s.html

LMAO! Can't run a campaign.

Can't handle a trip abroad without bashing other countries.

Can't handle the Anniversary of a National Day of Mourning witout tryng to use it for his own cheap political tricks.

Can't handle an unexpected and vicious attack on our best and brightest, in a foreign country, without bashing our own fallen heroes, and lying about what happened, and how it happened.

Can't release his own tax returns.

Can't walk across a stage witout looking like a teen-aged girl not used to walking in spike heels.

Can't sit down at a table and eat cupcakes or cookies without sourring the local bakery.

Can't act like a normal human being, or talk like a normal human being.

Can't keep it straight which country is our most pressing threat.

Can't even go out to lunch without offending the owners of the restaurant and trashing the place before he leaves!

But, it's all because of The Liberal Media and the Pollster's fault!

Yep, Romney's a real winner, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif LMAO!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Soflasnapper
09-18-2012, 06:04 PM
I thought this was going to be multiple choice!!??

But his team is substantially the same team that led Charlie Crist to implode his Florida GOP Senate bid, and be forced to leave the party.

Ritt Momney it is, but with help.

Gayle in MD
09-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Romney is a lost cause. He can't possibly win, IMO.

Latest Impremedia Latino poll has him at 26% to the president's 68%.

Latest NBC/Wall St. Journal ...He's losing the likely women's vote as well, fourteen points down in Ohio, Virginia and Florida.

Losing by 10% across the country in likely women voters.

g.

Soflasnapper
09-19-2012, 09:07 AM
I agree.

Please note, however, that SINCE he's losing so large a margin among women, for him to be close at all, let alone as close as he is (typically within the margins of error of the polls, or just outside them), that means... he has almost as large a margin on his side among men. Little remarked upon, hardly highlighted at all among the pundits I watch or read, but almost the mirror image gender gap.

Gayle in MD
09-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Yes, I've noticed that, but I have also heard that when a candidate is not well liked, is it usually white men who end up not showing up to vote, at all.

I certainly hope that poroves to be true, although, I'm not sure if White Men, represent a greater number of likely voters than Women and Latinos combined, where the president has a very healthy lead.

Elections have turned at this late date, before, but not with a candidate with such low likeability numbers, this long past the conventions.

I read or heard from a pretty reliable statistician that no contender had ever won with likeability numbers this low, this long after the convention, in the last eighteen presidential races, particularly with one which had such low likeability numbers consistantly throughout the campaigning process.

Of course, anything could happen, if Romney blew the president away in the debates...but I don't really look for that to happen.

In fact, many supposed campaign experts and statisticians from the right are currently saying that if Romney loses the first debate, that would seal his fate as the loser, at this point.

G.

hondo
09-19-2012, 04:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Romney is a lost cause. He can't possibly win, IMO.

Latest Impremedia Latino poll has him at 26% to the president's 68%.

Latest NBC/Wall St. Journal ...He's losing the likely women's vote as well, fourteen points down in Ohio, Virginia and Florida.

Losing by 10% across the country in likely women voters.

g.

</div></div>

Unfortunately, he'll carry West Viginia big.

5 reasons :
1. Obama's black.
2. POTUS no friend of coal.
3. NRA has hunters convinced Obama's going to take their guns.
4. Talk jocks have poor West Virginians convinced they'll have to buy insurance they can't afford.
5. He's black.

Gayle in MD
09-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Very foolish of them if that is how they think.

Republicans are bribed by Coal and Oil, to kill regulations that kill miners in Virginia, and in West virginia, and cause pollution that destroys their water and air.

Republicans remove rights of miners to sue those who own the mines and practice negligence which is killing off more and more miners than ever before by allowing loopholes in their contracts, and removing Federal Laws which keep them from polluting, removing legal rights to sue when the head of the family is buried in explosions.

Republicans don't care about the environment. We all know that much.

Can't Virginians and West Virginians see that their beautiful mountain tops are being destroyed, and all of the health problems that are linked to the silt and fracking chemicals that are poisoning their water?

If it is all about racism, that is really a shame.

One would think that their religious views would enlighten their thoughts of duty, and being stewards of our planet.

There is more proof coming out all the time about rising birth defects, and learning disabilities resulting from oil spills and coal silt, and from all of the chemicals in our environment.

G.