PDA

View Full Version : HELL WEEK II REPUBLICANS FREAKING OUT!

Gayle in MD
09-19-2012, 11:23 AM
REPUBLICANS DISTANCING THEMSELVES FROM ROMNEYLinda McMahon, Republican Senate candidate in Connecticut, was worried enough to issue a statement criticizing Romney.

"I disagree with Governor Romney's insinuation that 47 percent of Americans believe they are victims who must depend on the government for their care. I know that the vast majority of those who rely on government are not in that situation because they want to be," her statement said.

Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown, running a tight race against Harvard Law professor Elizabeth Warren to retain his seat in a traditionally Democratic state, sounded a similar theme.

In statement to The Hill, a publication specializing in Congress, he said of Romney's views: "That's not the way I view the world. As someone who grew up in tough circumstances, I know that being on public assistance is not a spot that anyone wants to be in. Too many people today who want to work are being forced into public assistance for lack of jobs."
REPUBLICAN PUNDITS FREAKING OUT!

Peggy Noonon:

It's time to admit the Romney campaign is an incompetent one. It's not big, it's not brave, it's not thoughtfully tackling great issues. It's always been too small for the moment. All the activists, party supporters and big donors should be pushing for change. People want to focus on who at the top is least constructive and most responsible. Fine, but Mitt Romney is no puppet: He chooses who to listen to. An intervention is in order. "Mitt, this isn't working."

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

cushioncrawler
09-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Hmmmmm -- I am thinking that after 4 years of gridlock that percentage will rize to 100%.
mac.