PDA

View Full Version : Paid RW Provocateurs on Forums and Social Media

DiabloViejo
09-20-2012, 12:25 PM
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Always remember that you are surrounded by people who do not wish to engage in honest debate. People that would like to influence you...manipulate you...prey upon your prejudices, while getting paid to do so. We have one of these paid agents provocateurs right here on this forum.</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/321540_285905448104370_1846169549_n.jpg

Gayle in MD
09-20-2012, 12:36 PM
LOL, That splains everything!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Lucy I'm hooooooome! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

DiabloViejo
09-20-2012, 01:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, That splains everything!

Lucy I'm hooooooome! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

It's also called Astroturfing.

LWW is a master Astroturfer. It helps him pay for the crack he smokes, the paint he huffs, and the chickens he likes to hawk.

Astroturf /Astroturfing:

Origin: The term "astroturf" is a play on "grassroots". "Grassroot movements" arise organically through the people.

"Astroturfing", then, is artificial grassroots, fake grassroots. Verb: astroturf: 1 to join an online discussion pretending to be an independent member of the community but is in fact a surrogate for some stakeholder - company, political faction, individual - who has something to gain or lose. Astroturfing: Wikipedia: Astroturfing is a form of advocacy often in support of a political or corporate agenda designed to give the appearance of a "grassroots" movement. <span style="color: #CC0000">The goal of such campaigns is to disguise the efforts of a political and/or commercial entity as an independent public reaction to some political entity—a politician, political group, product, service or event.</span> The term is a derivation of AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to look like natural grass.Astroturfers attempt to orchestrate the actions of apparently diverse and geographically distributed individuals, by both overt ("outreach", "awareness", etc.) and covert (disinformation) means. Astroturfing may be undertaken by an individual promoting a personal agenda, or highly organized professional groups with money from large corporations, unions, non-profits, or activist organizations. Very often, the efforts are conducted by political consultants who also specialize in opposition research. Beneficiaries are not "grass root" campaigners but distant organizations that orchestrate such campaigns. <span style="color: #CC0000">Bottom line: another way to tell lies, indoctrinate, and manipulate people.</span>

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dVje9YdJta0/TkxaEdEO2dI/AAAAAAAAEEU/bGnQ4LNxCf8/s320/Astroturf3.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5ZlfZoFcQSc/TkxZ4blx1vI/AAAAAAAAEEQ/0U8m2iKXm_0/s320/astroturf.jpg

Gayle in MD
09-20-2012, 01:13 PM
The twenty-first century commercials for dummies. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Every time I see that BP commercial, I want to throw up!

cushioncrawler
09-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Yes us leftys allways suspekt this sort of RW propaganda.
I suppoze that the RW apologists that u see on TV throwing around factoids get paid by their RW organizations, which iz fair enuff, except that thems organizations get secret donations, which aint fair enuff.

But i wonder if other suppozedly independant professors etc, that say nice things helpfull to the RW, get secret payments on delivery.
mac.

DiabloViejo
09-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Seems that our number one all time right wing astroturfing lap dog is avoiding this topic like the plague. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
09-21-2012, 02:25 PM